Toys That Make My Stomach Hurt

GuitarDevil

Saw this set at DD's discounts...after....I tried to forget it.....but you just can't un-see some things......But I firmly believe this was the toyline that Michael Bay wanted but cooler heads prevailed....

20150620_104128_zpslvyvxbdp.jpg

• Like 1

All right all Right all right....I never thought Interstellar needed "therapy dolls" but here we are.....the two lazy eyes painted on Wooderso....McConan.....its late for me & I don't care about spelling at this point.....if your Snake Plisken Doll needs somebody to kick around....here's McC & of course that creepy Anne Hathaway doll can be used to scare off Jehovah's Witness's.....buttt I stress the first time I hear something running around in the dark....I'm tossing Anne into the fireplace.....I guess the real abomination of this set is the price....

20150908_134447_zpsayznbdol.jpg

Its just now occurred to me but they look abit like they've got munchies......maybe I can find them some scoobie-snacks...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Summer edition of TTMMSH....((not in any way related to heat induced diarrhea) none at all.)......after your kids lose the 3 expensive mini figs or toddler chokers....junior can finish off the set by taking & bashing Giant man against any solid object from street curbs to your brand new HD TV......$20 bux for 2 bux worth of plastic?

20160717_132513_zpskovgzrln.jpg

I realize someone bought this but I would have to harass you like Rodney Dangerfield harassed Ted Knight in Caddyshack if I saw you in line w/this.....haha

• 3 weeks later...

So I was out perusing for an B-day gift for a good friend of mines...I was running out of ideas so we stopped at DD's discounts...I seem to remember the set I took a pic of below & how "basic" the design of the figs are.....fast forward to today & I was kind of impressed by the effort

Terminatortoys_zps247cc120.jpg

I don't know what to make of it......I did see some HK tanks at another off brand retail store.....I hear Duplo is starting a Book of Eli Line that will be out to retail by Easter of next year.....

Here's the updated version for the movie that came out last year....I thought long about adding this to my weird collection but I had an gift to buy..there was a small 4 pack of T2000s? for $5...I had that set in my hand right up to the register but I put it back....

20160729_162543_zps9pzpdoaw.jpg

I gotta hand it to Mega Blocks....they had me hooked for a second or two there.....the little guy w/the RPG is the real mvp....he's tryin to save plastic tiny humanity...wonder if they still have Pokeman Go in that bleak apocalyptic nightmare hellhole of an reality?.....I wish I had taken pics of the Terminators...they looked pretty cool.....they would crush Legoland...

• 6 months later...

I was out hunting around Ross & saw this different representation of Superman...he just looks like a mess.....I should have taken a bigger pic of the box but it's one of those drones that all the kids are crashing....& not talking about....they had a Dark Knight drone but of the two this is the one that made me want to gouge my eyes out....not a good look for Supes....he kinda looks like Pee Wee Herman on roids....

20170217_114542_zpsxykkavrf.jpg

Good morning.....I'm here

• 3 months later...

I hate being an adult but living is oddly refreshing at times so on doctors orders, I was fitted for a Cpap & no longer have to choke on my neck fat while I sleep....I got off work early & near the medical place there was a Toysrus that I rarely get a chance to shop at so I made a point to stop by..its a newer facility & it really shows....they have the room & stock, if your a parent & needing an last minute toy, they usually have what your looking for at this location....I was lucky enough to snag up a TF Masterpiece Grimlock at this location many moons ago....after a minute or two I located their Neca Section...they had a wide variety of stuff & out of the blue I spotted the Batmin.....I could already hear "Jusssticeeee" in my head.....I was kinda excited....I missed the Reeves Superman so this was a unexpected find...they had 5 figs & although the picture may not reflect it fully...this Bale-man was in full on shout mode...it was like they captured his angry rant at the sound crew member that coughed or farted during his Batman scene....so....I've had at least one nightmare knowing this toy exists & somebody was okay w/this abomination.......

IMG_20170528_063826_zpsa6cdw9u9.jpg

The figure itself was solid but his face blew the date....I went home & left Brucey at the store w/his seductive bulging eyes...

IMG_20170528_063842_zpslyibxvsj.jpg

This pic doesn't look that bad but trust me it was bad....I really wanted to get it but I passed...it's shame..I guess I coulda fixed it w/some paint but I didn't want to open him....oh well.....Where's Rachel!!.....

• Like 1

(lol) I could never pull the trigger on their 7-inch version for the very same reason...it's almost as if the top of his head looked shrunken and it made his eyes looked crossed...or like Joker hit him between the eyes with a sledgehammer. (lol)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, I just saw that the zombie taxi driver from Ghostbusters is getting a figure, and the version of Death from Bill and Teb's Bogus Journey is getting a figure, so, whatever, everybody's getting one, as long as you stir the nostalgia for some Gen X-er, you'll get a figure.

So what's with you anyway, Gen X? Being nostalgic is one thing, but.. geez. Move on already! I appreciate how easy it is these days to walk into Walmart and buy a Star Wars t-shirt or an AC/DC shirt, but c'mon. Movies have been made since the 80s. Music has been made since the 90s. Move on! (I'm a Gen X and it boggles me. How many Howdy Doody toys did you see on the shelves when you were a kid. That's right - none. His time had come and gone and everyone had moved on.) OK, crazy old man rant over. Boy I can't wait to get ahold of those Figuarts Street Fighter toys. :P

• Like 1

Also, is it just me or is anyone else sometimes a bit weirded out that there have been lots of toys of a serial child molester on the shelves?

Yes, you, Freddie Kruger from Nightmare on Elm Street. I know your backstory.

To be fair, most canonical material glosses over any sexual connotations in what Freddy di . . . holy crap I was about to defend this garbage. I gotta go lay down...

Consider me weirded.