Toys That Make My Stomach Hurt

GuitarDevil

I'm still holding out hope for the Blues-mobile from the Blues Brothers movie....but instead I only get that oily feeling......RIP J.R. I'm sorry that it had to come to this....

toytruck_zps4cf8af24.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the worst toys in recent history that I can remember are:

Avatar the last airbender movie figs

Terminator Salvation figures

Max Steel

World War Z movie figs

Mortal Kombat figures...i love the game but these are so bad i cant believe why they are still being made. their price point is high too...i dont get it...

don't forget the A-Team

yeah, figures sucked but the van was pretty cool though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So I've been in & out of some stores in the past week hunting like a madman....stuff I'm interested in, is starting to drop into the retail world (ex. 50th Joes/MP Transformers/Newer Waves of SW's Black/ect.)so I've been around picking & nitpicking the selections of my box-stores.....time & time again I keep running into the fuglier toyz that are destined to roam the earff like zombies....one of which is the "Gerry" fig from WWZ....considering the movie is about zombies I'm surprised I have yet to even see any zombies hanging from those pegs.....my TRU's are hellbent on keeping these "Gerry" figs in stock....they even clearanced them down to $7?? that's a bargain for the insane....meanwhile, peg space is limited but my TRU still manages to keep 2 pegs full of "Gerry".....short on hope but full of Gerry-duty...& I loves me some Spiderman but he's seriously choking out the Marvel Aisle....my TRU's can't decide on committing to a actual Marvel Legends spaces...so they cram whatever Legends make it in into the Capt. America 2 peg or the Amazing Spiderman pegs...so at any given time there's ML's Guardians of the Galaxy or the Jubilee waves crammed into the Spiderman or Cap's Legends pegs.....I don't watch anything Spiderman cartoon related but those toys are clogging the shelves at most of the Walmarts/Targets I go....even some Targets have held back on stocking Marvel Infinite Figs cause their still drowning in Amazing Spiderman & Cap. 2 four inch figs....I guess this can be renamed Toyz I want to #@$#@ about......all this should have been stated in my Andy Rooney voice.....

Of course it sold out: lip gloss, threaded eye brows, a sculpt that screams Hillary Swank in Boys Don't Cry, Hasbro and Mattel can only dream of achieving an actor's likeness so accurately. I'm more baffled that the 3 main actors of that show got a new contract for 1 million per episode than this waste of plastic selling.

I don't know, Andorian, I think Inhumanoids was toy based, meaning I would like the cartoon less than the action figures.

For me, toylines like James Bond Jr, and Xiaolin Shodown would make MY stomach hurt :-(

From the James Bond Jr. line I have a crunch for this figure so maybe one day I add it to my collection.

Jaws+Front.JPG

I don't know, Andorian, I think Inhumanoids was toy based, meaning I would like the cartoon less than the action figures.

For me, toylines like James Bond Jr, and Xiaolin Shodown would make MY stomach hurt :-(

From the James Bond Jr. line I have a crunch for this figure so maybe one day I add it to my collection.

Jaws+Front.JPG

Why should the toys hurt you? They are a pretty decent, fun representations of the shows. The show concepts are the culprits.

Why should the toys hurt you? They are a pretty decent, fun representations of the shows. The show concepts are the culprits.

What do YOU know? their presentations were just plain wrong @pow@

So you're saying you liked the James Bond Jr. show but hated the toys?

And what do I know?

10606259_10101338886867124_1815384237716773047_n.jpg?oh=fa93723c2fddea5ef12d92a1b88acd73&oe=546A062F&__gda__=1417370267_5fbdb60a498bd0d00c7e82c49202c972

I know that there's no room on my Bond shelves for lame concepts like James Bond Jr, whether the toys are accurate/fun representations of said show or not.

What do YOU know? their presentations were just plain wrong @pow@

So you're saying you liked the James Bond Jr. show but hated the toys?

And what do I know?

10606259_10101338886867124_1815384237716773047_n.jpg?oh=fa93723c2fddea5ef12d92a1b88acd73&oe=546A062F&__gda__=1417370267_5fbdb60a498bd0d00c7e82c49202c972

I know that there's no room on my Bond shelves for lame concepts like James Bond Jr, whether the toys are accurate/fun representations of said show or not.

Lame concepts...you mean like that BAF Parallax on that next shelf down ya got there, feat? (lol) @smilepunch@

I'm just messin' with ya man. Love that Bond shelf. I'm pretty partial to the Roger Moore era, since that was my generation's 007. Bond is like pizza for me though, even when it's bad, it's still good on some level. I can watch just about any of them and enjoy them. Never did see Bond, Jr. Though, thank goodness. It was always too silly in my mind to pay attention to, but that's just me...

Lame concepts...you mean like that BAF Parallax on that next shelf down ya got there, feat? (lol) @smilepunch@

Storm-cloud, Hectorllax was lame on screen...still made a fantastic CnC figure. (Thus the point I was making with the James Bond Jr figures...crap show, great toys.) Only one in the line actually sculpted by the 4 Horsemen, I think. AND I assembled him this past Christmas, with Amazon having GL movie masters deeply on clearance. #US1#

And yeah...Roger Moore. Nobody does it better. "Live and Let Die" is probably my fave if you can tell from my shelf...custom Baron Samedi and a Barbie Solitaire. Yes, I love it so much, I allowed Barbie dolls into my room!

Also have a small shrine there to Richard Kiel with the Moonraker doll and several autographs from meeting him. Funny story...I lost the auto I got from him at a convention years back in a move. My wife wrote his fan club to purchase a replacement for a birthday gift and happened to mention the loss/move. My birthday came and I had two gifts: one from my wife( the autograph she purchased) and a special mystery gift. Inside was a copy of Richard Kiel's autobiography...signed with birthday wishes from Richard himself. His wife runs his fan club and relayed the story/letter to him, and he wanted me to have the book, free of charge. I am very proud and lucky to be able to say that im probably one of the few people in the world to have received a birthday present from a Bond villain!

Roger Moore. Nobody does it better. "Live and Let Die" is probably my fave if you can tell from my shelf...custom Baron Samedi and a Barbie Solitaire. Yes, I love it so much, I allowed Barbie dolls into my room!

Also have a small shrine there to Richard Kiel with the Moonraker doll and several autographs from meeting him. Funny story...I lost the auto I got from him at a convention years back in a move. My wife wrote his fan club to purchase a replacement for a birthday gift and happened to mention the loss/move. My birthday came and I had two gifts: one from my wife( the autograph she purchased) and a special mystery gift. Inside was a copy of Richard Kiel's autobiography...signed with birthday wishes from Richard himself. His wife runs his fan club and relayed the story/letter to him, and he wanted me to have the book, free of charge. I am very proud and lucky to be able to say that im probably one of the few people in the world to have received a birthday present from a Bond villain!

That's an awesome story, feat. I was very young when I first saw LALD, so it kinda freaked me out. You had Bond almost eaten by vicious alligators, the big freaky voodoo guy rising up out of a grave with that hideous laugh of his, Tee Hee (that name still cracks me up) with his unnerving claw-for-a-hand and goofy grin, and who could forget Mr. Kananga swelling-up like a giant balloon and exploding? It was enough to put a kid in therapy, and I'm beginning to wonder why my parents even let me watch it. (lol)

I had seen Moonraker also, but I was so young I only remember the zero-gravity sex at the end. (lol) I finally watched it again in recent years, and I loved it, even if it was a shameless attempt to cash-in on the popularity of Star Wars...

And feat, I give Green Lantern a hard time like everyone else, but y'know, I truly feel like it wasn't nearly as bad as others would have you believe. I recently got rid of a bunch of my Green Lantern movie stuff, and now I'm beginning to regret it. I guess it's a good thing then that it's still all so easy to come by. (lol)

Hey GI Joe, Visionaries and Transformers were based for toy selling but Hasbro drop the ball with the design of the Inhumanoids figures...

inhumanoids.jpg

Now in the other hand the cartoon was as good as the other Sunbow Marvel productions at the time like GI Joe, Visionaries, Transformers, etc...

Inhumanoids_01.JPG

Gah!! I forgot about how much I wanted the blue guy from Inhumanoids! (lol) What a blast from the past...

I had the yellow one, and my brother had the green one. I actually incorporated mine into my G.I. Joe team; I pretended he was Airtight in an upgraded environmental mech suit.

I never did catch the show or any comics though...to this day I still have no clue as to what the premise of the toyline or show was.

I never did catch the show or any comics though...to this day I still have no clue as to what the premise of the toyline or show was.

the premise was kids will buy anything......& they wanted to give us all nightmares.....those are some scary toyz.....they gave Chucky some sleepless nights......damn....some guys musta overdosed on some serious medication

the premise was kids will buy anything......& they wanted to give us all nightmares.....those are some scary toyz.....they gave Chucky some sleepless nights......damn....some guys musta overdosed on some serious medication

@loll@

• 10 months later...

While this toy makes my stomach hurt it also rocks.....I know its a cut-rate 4th world knock-off....but I had to give it a home for $6

SAM_2199_zpsltxhvhxl.jpg?t=1437793894\

I've seen knock-off Devastators & other TF's Combiners....I never could buy the Devastator but I had to have this Vehicle Voltron.....the toy itself is about as tall or taller than an Marvel Legends figure...