What was it that got you started at TNI?

FUGAYZIE

it's been almost 9 years since i joined TNI. i lurked for a while before i joined. it was the Transformers G1 Reissues from Toys R Us and Takara that rekindled my fire for toys. Alternators and Binaltechs helped to fule the flames :) i think one of my first posts was a reply in "what would megatron look like in the live action movie?" kind of a thread. i thought a howitzer cannon would have been a good alt mode for him, so i drew a little sketch and posted it to the thread. there was TONS of theory's and guesses back then on what the REAL TF movie would look like. it really sparked the fandom :D

I'm actually working on my second decade. (lol) I started posting online on the Wizard World message boards back in 2000 as an extension of my love for toys, comics, and Wizard/Toy Fare Magazine in general. I was all about the then-new X-Men movie figures by Toybiz. It just ballooned from there. Then when they unceremoniously shut the boards down and erased everyone's posts, I found my way on here. The rest is history...

toys in general plus that unicron & winning it contest helped lol :) Still have that unicron on display misb :)

I've still got Unicron on display as well. Those were fun times. The transition away from Beast Wars/Machines and the return to vehicles was still fresh in everyone's mind. Armada was actually a really solid toyline. I mean literally, the plastic quality was top notch.

I started on TNI ADC for the Transformers board. I had been banned from one of the subforums on TFW2005 for reasons that were never explained to me (lol), and I guess I was looking for a new place to hang out.

I'm actually working on my second decade. (lol) I started posting online on the Wizard World message boards back in 2000 as an extension of my love for toys, comics, and Wizard/Toy Fare Magazine in general. I was all about the then-new X-Men movie figures by Toybiz. It just ballooned from there. Then when they unceremoniously shut the boards down and erased everyone's posts, I found my way on here. The rest is history...

Same here but I was over in the GI Joe section.

I believe there was a link to an ADC custom (figure/dio/cardback/Lego?) contest on one of the SW toy sites that brought me here (back when it was the ADC EZ boards), and it's now been a little over 10 years since I became a contributor/mod, and 13(!) since I first joined the forums (Summer/Fall '00)

At the time I came by I seen two freind from Siebertron posting here.I was a regular over there at the time so I came here once and a blue moon.I did collect other figures besides transformers and then caught up in here more then Seibs.I now visit that site once in a blue moon and stay here all the time

It was searching for information about the GI Joe Vs Cobra line that brought me here back in early 2001. I think I may have been in search of information about Wave 2 of that line, and hoping for another toy news source outside of Toyfare magazine.

I was still relatively new to toy collecting. Up to that point, I had only recently bought a bunch of The Phantom Menance figures, and Power Of The Jedi had just kicked off, so I was collecting that line as well. It was all downhill from there. @lol@

I was on a custom site and someone posted a link to here that had some news about GI Joe figs. At the time I thought it was just another GI Joe site, cause I could never remember the name so I would just go to the custom site, dig out that thread and then click the link(I didn't know about bookmarks back then I guess, lol). Later I clicked the forums tab and was like.. woah.. they talk about all sorts of toys here.. and even though I still mainly stuck to the Joes section, I still liked the idea about all toys being in one place instead of 40 different message boards I was going to, so I stuck to this one and weeded out the others(though, sadly, I did stray a bit over the past few years).

I believe finding a random Joe post on ADC, lurked forever before joining up as Codename:MartyMcfly... pretty soon that seemed way too long of a username, so I asked Jay to change it to Ren, the first half of my last name.893USA1-thumb.gif

• 2 months later...

When the 25th ann. Joes were released I had no idea such toys existed I had only collected a few Marvel Legends here & there. I was foolish to think I was the only one obsessed w/lil plastic men & rowbits (robots), I scoped out the Joes at the toy aisle while looking for a new & fresher Breakfast Cereal, it took me straight back to early 80s, standing in those aisles & that wonderful warm glowing warming glow.....this was the first site that came up on a google search for GI Joe toy reviews..... I was a lurker but then decided to create an handle & I've been here ever since....this is the main spot where I get all my toy harassment & frustration out & its been educational.....thanks TNI

Same here but I was over in the GI Joe section.

Same here too, but I was in the Masters and Transformers sections.

It's been a long time for me too!! Same as Devilbat, I started off at wizardworld boards too!! Then somehow I found a bunch of the guys over here, and the rest is history!!

I was still heavily into Star Wars, so you could find me at rebelscum, jedidefender, and other defection sites from the scum!! I came to ww, adc, then tni for GI JOE and comic lines!!

Wow, it was so long ago!! Most of us were still youngins back then!! Not no more!!! LOL