DCIE Failing on Matty Collector

ensign

I subbed and did my part like I always do. I have my own opions on Matty and these meters but I do love my DC classics. I just hope if this by some miracle does happen we get at least a single Legion member next year.
Two subs for me....and bring on the Legion please!
If you don't need two hook hand Aquamans, let me know!!!!!

First the sub has to go through.

I'll take that to mean it's pretty much a sure thing. Thanks :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damien Wayne has been added to the Sub. However, we are still only at 39% so if you havent picked yours up yet, now is the time. For those selective buyers, remember none of the figures you want are going to happen if the sub doesnt got through or if they do get made for day of sale, they will be more expensive.

It would be a huge surprise if dc and ecto-1 make it. Somehow i would be relieved though. Just thinking about all the cash i will spend next year. Star wars will be on a role and motuc will be kicking. Neca also has a lot up them sleeves for next year.

It would be a huge surprise if dc and ecto-1 make it. Somehow i would be relieved though. Just thinking about all the cash i will spend next year. Star wars will be on a role and motuc will be kicking. Neca also has a lot up them sleeves for next year.

If D.C. gets a little higher, they will push it through in my opinion.

Just kill the sub. A general DCU subscription service is just too broad of a net to throw out there... especially the way they keep most of their selections a secret. (I fell for this sham last year and now I have an unwanted thirty-dollar Batzarro coming!! Between Batzarro, Constantine, and Red Hood, I never expected to start a shelf of figures I don't give a damn about!)

Kill this sub and start smaller theme-specific subs just like the Watchman sub. Start a Legion sub. A Flash Rogues sub. A Green Lantern sub. Even keeping the characters a secret, you're likelier to lure in fans of these themes than with a general "anything can happen even a Batzarro" DC sub! I'd love more Legionnaires but re-subbing already means swallowing four figures I'm completely indifferent about on the chance that MAYBE I MIGHT get ONE Legionnaire that I MIGHT care about.

No way. It's a lousy deal.

Yeah, maybe it is time for this sub thing to die already, it's starting to look embarrassing.

I don't think this Damian reveal is getting the kind of feedback that Matty wants. I mean, everyone kind of assumed he was going to be in 2014, but now it's gospel. It looks like the Batman beyond figure is a shoo-in now too. Did Matty have any other also-rans for retail that they can throw in there?

I really believe this is exactly why they DON'T announce the line-up in advance. It makes it too easy to say,"There's like 1 or 2 figures I want out of 12. I'll just take my chances on DOS, e-bay or BBTS. Problem solved." It has nothing to do with the Legal dept, it's that they know that their less than stellar charactor choices will probably do more harm then good.

Oh well, I guess we'll know Tuesday if this choice was the right one.

It still has a chance.

Oh, it certainly has a chance, a pretty good one in fact. Matty has never hit their quota for the DC sub, why should it be different for 2014? It manages to "clear the hurdle" every time. I just think this year it's going to be harder to convince people that the thermometer moved up 61% without sounding like total bullshitters, and still insisting it's not a, "scare tactic".

Good luck with that.

It still has a chance.

Oh, it certainly has a chance, a pretty good one in fact. Matty has never hit their quota for the DC sub, why should it be different for 2014? It manages to "clear the hurdle" every time. I just think this year it's going to be harder to convince people that the thermometer moved up 61% without sounding like total bullshitters, and still insisting it's not a, "scare tactic".

Good luck with that.

That's fine by me.

See I'm old enough to remember not having any real action figure lines of D.C. product that I wanted as a child.

So I would like them now.

I'm just happy to have the 6" Star Wars Black Series to take the place of this sunken ship of a line.

Lines like Star Wars and G.I. Joe have always been as much about the vehicles/playsets as the figures for me, so 6" Star Wars are as big an aberration as the subs in my eyes.

I will admit that Marvel Legends being on the shelves again is probably gonna take a lot of the sting out of losing DCUC though.

Mako is right...#$## Star Wars.

I just have a bad feeling this is it. The fact that this year ended up being kinda bland figure wise. They saved the best for the last few months mostly.... batzarro... not included but it may be to little to late for many.

Draven

I'm just happy to have the 6" Star Wars Black Series to take the place of this sunken ship of a line.

Lines like Star Wars and G.I. Joe have always been as much about the vehicles/playsets as the figures for me, so 6" Star Wars are as big an aberration as the subs in my eyes.

I will admit that Marvel Legends being on the shelves again is probably gonna take a lot of the sting out of losing DCUC though.

But Marvel Legends isnt coming back to the Shelves. The actual Marvel Legends line is being cancelled. The only Marvel Legends figures that are going to be out there are ones that correspond with movies. Kinda like Mattels old Movie Masters lines for Batman, Superman, Green Lantern and Avetar. Mattels Movie Masters are also going away everything is going 4 inch.

Just kill the sub. A general DCU subscription service is just too broad of a net to throw out there... especially the way they keep most of their selections a secret. (I fell for this sham last year and now I have an unwanted thirty-dollar Batzarro coming!! Between Batzarro, Constantine, and Red Hood, I never expected to start a shelf of figures I don't give a damn about!)

Kill this sub and start smaller theme-specific subs just like the Watchman sub. Start a Legion sub. A Flash Rogues sub. A Green Lantern sub. Even keeping the characters a secret, you're likelier to lure in fans of these themes than with a general "anything can happen even a Batzarro" DC sub! I'd love more Legionnaires but re-subbing already means swallowing four figures I'm completely indifferent about on the chance that MAYBE I MIGHT get ONE Legionnaire that I MIGHT care about.

I could not disagree more. Having Character Specific Subs would be totally be un cost effective for me. I would want all the subs. That would be 20.00 per month for each sub, I cant do that and still collect MOTUC too.

I could not disagree more. Having Character Specific Subs would be totally be un cost effective for me. I would want all the subs. That would be 20.00 per month for each sub, I cant do that and still collect MOTUC too.

Probably a little late in the game for that...too many characters in to do specific subs.

If the subs were four figures each and there were three separate ones? That would be an easier sell for some.

Oy! First we have to get past the "It's not good for ME so it's a bad idea!" syndrome.

Secondly, if Mattel did go the route of shorter, team/ theme specific subs, I really doubt they would run concurrently with each other. Mattel would know better than to compete with itself. I doubt they would have more than one or two DC subs going at a time. This is what we saw with the Watchmen sub and their COIE sub.

This is all pie-in-the-sky talk anyway. My prediction is some sort of deadline extension and then they'll just push the sub through claiming that they got just enough numbers to do really, really cheap figures that they had slated for the retail Batman line anyway. It just sounds like a really bad deal.

ToyGuru: "Hey, Gang! You want some really cool DC figures? Well, the ONLY way we can get them to you is to charge you a fortune, make them really cheaply and without accessories, and if you swear to buy a bunch of figures you don't want sight unseen. Deal?"

I'm ashamed to admit I fell for this two years in a row now.

I was tempted once to get multiple motuc subs but after reading some posts i came to my senses. I wont get extra subs if i dont know the real numbers. If it dies thats sad and i will move on. Otherwise get them out somehowl and you get my money.

I was tempted once to get multiple motuc subs but after reading some posts i came to my senses. I wont get extra subs if i dont know the real numbers. If it dies thats sad and i will move on. Otherwise get them out somehowl and you get my money.

I bought 3 last year. One to open, one for my MOC collection and one to trade or for figures I might put in multiple displays.

This year, the first reveals don't look like things that I want extra of.

So only 2 this year for me.

So did it make it?

Still waiting for an official announcement, but it looks like Club Infinite Earths is over. Of course Matty could still come back announcing an 11th hour win, so it's anybody's guess.

This might give them a reality check that subs doesn't work for every franchise...

No, it will give them the "reality check" that there aren't enough "gotta have 'em all" fans of the DC Universe to make the line worth the effort and expenditure of producing. You forget that they already had one sub "fail" (Ghostbusters). DC is just too varied and fragmented for a "universal" sub to work at this point.

Meanwhile, the success of the MotUC sub will reinforce that the sub model can work.

DCIE/DCUC is officially a dead brand. Retail didn't want it anymore, Mattycollector couldn't get enough subs to keep it going. Ah well. It's still the best DC toy line ever made. Fun while it lasted.

So did it make it?

Still waiting for an official announcement, but it looks like Club Infinite Earths is over. Of course Matty could still come back announcing an 11th hour win, so it's anybody's guess.

This might give them a reality check that subs doesn't work for every franchise...

No, it will give them the "reality check" that there aren't enough "gotta have 'em all" fans of the DC Universe to make the line worth the effort and expenditure of producing. You forget that they already had one sub "fail" (Ghostbusters). DC is just too varied and fragmented for a "universal" sub to work at this point.

Meanwhile, the success of the MotUC sub will reinforce that the sub model can work.

DCIE/DCUC is officially a dead brand. Retail didn't want it anymore, Mattycollector couldn't get enough subs to keep it going. Ah well. It's still the best DC toy line ever made. Fun while it lasted.

I don't think 1 out of 3 reinforces the sub model... MOTU happens to be the perfect franchise for it but I don't see another...