Guardians Of The Galaxy Movie...

Nguyen_Dragon

I would have bought this movie the day of its release except my wife told me I had to wait until Christmas. Well that came and went and no Guardians movie. Oh well. We are still doing her father's side of the family's Christmas in about two weeks so I guess there's a chance that I get it then. But if history is any indicator, I'll just be getting a large bottle of Captain Morgan. Which is still good in and of itself.....

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a copy gifted to me for X-mas. I have to say, with all the hype surrounding this moving and everybody fawning over it likes it's some masterpiece, it's okay at best. I mean all the comedy is completely on the nose and not really that funny. The music kind of sucked and was irritating to me. The bit at the end, the distraction, was completely stupid. You are a destroyer of worlds, that's going to stop you, that's going to distract you and get you to lose focus?

I compared it to Star Wars, but you know what? Star Wars isn't a masterpiece, and Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a masterpiece. It was fun to watch, that's all. I didn't take it seriously, and that's why I enjoyed it so much. I personally liked the music because it was completely inappropriate and out-of-place, ergo, it was funny.

I'm not sure what some people were expecting out of a film featuring a cybernetically-enhanced talking raccoon, Cosmo the Space Dog, and a living tree-person that can only express himself with the three words "I am Groot!" (lol)

I got a copy gifted to me for X-mas. I have to say, with all the hype surrounding this moving and everybody fawning over it likes it's some masterpiece, it's okay at best. I mean all the comedy is completely on the nose and not really that funny. The music kind of sucked and was irritating to me. The bit at the end, the distraction, was completely stupid. You are a destroyer of worlds, that's going to stop you, that's going to distract you and get you to lose focus?

I compared it to Star Wars, but you know what? Star Wars isn't a masterpiece, and Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a masterpiece. It was fun to watch, that's all. I didn't take it seriously, and that's why I enjoyed it so much. I personally liked the music because it was completely inappropriate and out-of-place, ergo, it was funny.

I'm not sure what some people were expecting out of a film featuring a cybernetically-enhanced talking raccoon, Cosmo the Space Dog, and a living tree-person that can only express himself with the three words "I am Groot!" (lol)

I'm with you on everything here.

You want your superhero movie to end with a 50 minute brawl followed by a big exploding MacGuffin? There's 89 different movies you can choose from where you can see that. If you're telling me there's ONE superhero movie that ends with the Big Bad being distracted and ultimately beaten by a silly dance? I'll take it. Just because it's different, I'll take it.

I'm with you on everything here.

You want your superhero movie to end with a 50 minute brawl followed by a big exploding MacGuffin? There's 89 different movies you can choose from where you can see that. If you're telling me there's ONE superhero movie that ends with the Big Bad being distracted and ultimately beaten by a silly dance? I'll take it. Just because it's different, I'll take it.

My daughter loved it and since its a movie in my "wheel house", I'll take what I can get!

I received a copy on Blu-ray for Xmas.....watched it immediately.....don't worry Kill Solo......"things are gonna get easier....ooh ooh child things are gonna get brighter".....Its still one of my favorite Marvel movies.....in all rights a franchise like Fantastic Four should've dusted GOTG.....but here we are.....& "there ain't no mountain high enough to keep me from" watching my DVD over & over again.....& yes "Dance off Bro" is in my list of active catch phrases....as well as "I don't believe anyone is 100% a di#@"........ We are Groot....(where's our Groot emoticon?)