Guardians Of The Galaxy Movie...

Nguyen_Dragon

I got this local scAlper that I actually work with he works in respiratory therapy he also has a booth at Frank and sons (it's a place you can buy collectible stuff). I've seen Him around at the hospital he doesn't know that I know who he is. got lucky a few days ago I had a really nice target worker help me out he told me about this scalper guy and how he had a list of all the targets for about 40 miles and that he had just took the whole case and was headed to another target.

I raced there got there before him and got the rest of the guardian legends that I needed which was Nova and rocket racoon.

I'm guessing since the target that I was had the whole set anD he left empty-handed that he's driving around probably grabbing all novas and rocky raccoons or whichever one is one packed.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Groot. I was not to interested at first but after the interviews and trailers all for it can't wait. 2014-06-19%2011.57.25_zpshvrtftws.jpg

I beat out this scalper to get Rocket Raccoon And .NOVA. I work with this guy I think I'm going to confront him and straight out ask him if he's going around the whole town buying out all the rocket raccoons and NoVas

Everyone and their pet raccoons are offering these up for trade on other sites. The scalpers may be in a frenzy now (because they always are early on) but I have a feeling this will cool down and people will get their chance if they want one. I'm not expecting a Black Widow situation with any of them.

I may pick up the set too but I'm not paying a penny over retail for any. If worse comes to worst I may offer up my Mandroid for Groot. He looks great.

anyone know what the deal is with Nova from the Guardians of the Galaxy legends figures? Is he a variant?

he's not, he's just pack 1 per case.

Which is funny. A buddy of mine who is on here got a team member to get them from the back and there was no nova.

Someone must of snatched him. Over here I have a kmart and a target that someone always rat trashes the cases before they are put out, each time I go to these stores they always say" we have a unopened case the back" and every time they bring the case back it has two figures in it or just a bunch of Peg warmers.

The Target I went to opened the only case they had and I got the one Nova.

Picked up the big three from this wave yesterday- Rocket, Nova, Gamora. It took three different Targets but there was one of the three at each different store I went to. I'm going to wait a while before getting Drax and Star Lord, I don't think they're going anywhere. I don't know what I'm going to do about finishing Groot because I have zero interest in that Iron Man.

Its my payday week so I picked up Rocket.....I couldn't find Nova so I left the rest....I'm waiting till next week after we get our car worked on & my nephews are coming into town so I gotta alot some $ for all that....it couldn't be a worse time either cause this weekend there's a toy-fair in Glendale....doh'....so I'm gonna stay away from there....In hand the figs do look great.....I even have a soft spot for galactic Iron Man.....I just wanted a Nova cause he looks good....I don't know if I should wait either YJB......I know amazon will have some of these on sale sooner or later...Star Lord looks cool....even Gamora was done well...

• 2 weeks later...

I hope so....everywhere I go Rocket, Nova & Gamora seem to be long gone....plenty of Iron Men & StarLords.....even an occasional Drax.....but the same guys are snagging up all the Nova's here....I went to a toy shop & most every seller seemed like they had one for just under $40 bux....by Gramthars hammer I could feel the savings....kicking me in the nards......

• 2 weeks later...

Target has both Rocket & Nova & the rest online right now......I broke down & got Nova cause I can't find him anywhereeeee.....all the Targets in the valley here are out too.....great job guys just a few days before the movie comes out & no stock at all......(I'm in a complainy mood today)....when I get paid again I'll prolly pick up the rest of the team......I really just want to build Groot but I don't care for Gamora & Drax.....even Cup-holder Shoulder Iron man has begun to turn me off....that guy is scorching the pegs at most every walmart here in the valley.....here's the link for Target good luck hunters & crazy peoples.....

http://www.target.co...e+galaxy_c-toys

Thanks for the heads up GD. I ordered Nova (and MST3K Vol. 30, so free shipping). I did snag the rest of the wave last month, but my buddy & I have mostly just seen remnants since then. He did catch a fresh case on Saturday at a KMart of all places, so he's done with them.

MOVIE SPOILERS!

So who saw this? Looks like it did pretty well this weekend. The wife liked it as I thought she would. I liked it a lot too. I don't know much GOTG. With Avengers and X-Men and Batman I'm the one giving their friends comic book backstory, who's who, and what their deal is. I had nothing for them this time around. But I thought it was great!

Humor and heart in every character, good chemistry with the core group.

Star Lord looked as though he'd be in danger of being a cocky @$$ for two hours, but that wasn't the case. They kept him grounded to a degree, which was nice. As a child of the 80s, you gotta appreciate the mix tape plot device. Drax, Rocket, Groot, Gamora all brought something to the table, I enjoyed all the main cast.

Solid story and action.

They did a good job with Ronin the Accuser.

I was surprised at how much we see of Thanos. I thought they would have saved him for Avengers 2 but he looked awesome! You can see a bit of Josh Brolin in the face, too.

The theater was rolling at the end with baby Groot dancing and Drax sharpening his knife. That was a good bit. I also liked the part where Rocket says he needs the guys leg for the escape. Nice. There was a lot more solid humor as well.

Howard the Duck in the end credits was a bold move.

Yeah...just another of many enjoyable Marvel Studios films. I may sound like a Marvel zombie after seeing these, thinking they can do no wrong. I assure you that's not the case. If I thought it was crap I'd say so (DC, Sony and Fox provided us with a few good examples over the years). Just so happens I really like this stuff, I think they're doing it right!

(I didn't know what to do, keep the movie talk here or start another thread. If another thread is started for spoilers, can someone move my comments there? Thanks and have a good day!)

MOVIE SPOILERS!

Bold? I have to agree with something said by a fellow poster over on the Indiana Jones forum, The Raven:

"The potential of more Howard The Duck is both exciting and worrisome. If Disney made this a more adult film and released it under their Touchstone banner I could see it getting justice, but like the 80s film I suspect it'll give us a cross between a "family film" and an adult film.

The biggest problem with that is in the 2010s a "family film" is defined by not having its lead character smoke(let alone showing ducktits)."

No cigar and Seth Green. Never been a fan of Seth Green. Was this part of Disney paying him off for shelving Star Wars Detours?

302350_v1.jpg

*MORE SPOILERS* I loved that fact that we got to see some Celestials & of course Thanos!.....I wished they had showed a little bit more of Ronan destroying the galaxy...he seemed to be kinda inserted in there but Lee Pace did a wonderful job....lots a of charismatic humor, it felt like a reading a good comic book...The collectors shop was cool & of course a lil love to Howard was very cool. I know not a lot of people were keen on his usage but we should be glad we get after the movie scenes like we do....were a spoiled lot I guess.....there was so much going on & so little time....Cosmo the space dog....very cool....it just made me giddy to see that earth isn't the only focal point in the Marvel Universe & that w/this movie doing great, that the possibility of other Universal titles could & should get their shot.....Inhumans, Capt Marvel, Adam Warlock ect ect.....we need Galactus & the Silver Surfer back though.....cmon Disney strong arm those guys.....I read it somewhere else today & its true the plot is one we've all seen before but if one can take that & re-present it in such a spectacular fashion then it can be amazing.....the time flew by & I felt myself wanting to explore other worlds & linger on others.....overall great movie & I'm going w/my gf to see it again this Sunday....she really liked it as well.....there were all kinds of different people at that showing, young & old, every color of the rainbow.....its funny how I felt so alone back when I was a kid reading comics & there were very few if any other kids that I could talk about plot-lines of the Avengers or Xmen.....but now that door is open & damned if the whole world is finally able to see what we knew as kids all those years ago.....that a funnybook can change the way you feel & think about the world around you, it can open the imagination & inspire us to share & love & laugh.....great Soundtrack as well.....references to Kevin Bacon & footloose were hilarious....I felt Bautista did a hellava job that part was his....they all did....I hope they don't sick of playing their characters, cause this could be another Avengers Franchise....If your on the fence go see it w/your kids it was Awesome

MOVIE SPOILERS!

Bold? I have to agree with something said by a fellow poster over on the Indiana Jones forum, The Raven:

"The potential of more Howard The Duck is both exciting and worrisome. If Disney made this a more adult film and released it under their Touchstone banner I could see it getting justice, but like the 80s film I suspect it'll give us a cross between a "family film" and an adult film.

The biggest problem with that is in the 2010s a "family film" is defined by not having its lead character smoke(let alone showing ducktits)."

Oh I'm not going to over think Howard the Duck yet. Not going to worry about whether or not he's back on the canvas. Until further notice, this is just a one-off. I'm fine with one-offs.

its funny how I felt so alone back when I was a kid reading comics & there were very few if any other kids that I could talk about plot-lines of the Avengers or Xmen.....but now that door is open & damned if the whole world is finally able to see what we knew as kids all those years ago.....that a funnybook can change the way you feel & think about the world around you, it can open the imagination & inspire us to share & love & laugh.....great Soundtrack as well.....references to Kevin Bacon & footloose were hilarious....I felt Bautista did a hellava job that part was his....they all did....I hope they don't sick of playing their characters, cause this could be another Avengers Franchise....If your on the fence go see it w/your kids it was Awesome

Good post! And I liked Bautista too. I think guys like him and the Rock are doing a good job of carrying on a Hollywood tradition of big buff guys in action films...like Stalone and Ah-Nud back in the 80s. No one's going to give them an Oscar but they fill the bill for an action movie and do their part to make it enjoyable.