Guardians Of The Galaxy Movie...

Nguyen_Dragon

Bootleg Legends Guardians set:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5b03fe51ec

$_57.JPG

I bought Rocket and Nova, the must haves for me, yesterday, so im willing to take a chance here. As long as they dont just fall to pieces out of the box, looks ok to me.

I only got Nova since I have been waiting for that version for years, may get Iron Man since it appeared on Infinity. I could do without the rest since I wasn't a fan of the movie looks and my ideal Star Lord was included in the SDCC exclusive Thanos Imperative set and I already have the Rocket Raccoon BAF again in my favorite look as for the rest I'll wait for next year's Guardians boxset that has comic looks for the characters but this is interesting nonetheless.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't find that on ebay anymore. Wonder if they sold out or were pulled for being bootlegs?

Got a msg from Ebay:

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

Guess I have to wait a bit to see if the seller is gonna send me the set, or refund, or I have to go the resolution center.

Probably too good to be true from the beginning...damn...$36

• 4 weeks later...

knock-off Chinese set arrived today:

10649572_10101366312161614_4297258579322430457_n.jpg?oh=9859e0d575ec32bec4e4244243606459&oe=548C6431

10368438_10101366312466004_6178592572601809439_n.jpg?oh=396fdbe3b74b4ac0eee3fc0d2529c134&oe=54925C3D&__gda__=1417828930_b031d2bb9b10044be4016cbc04dca77a

10660095_10101366314087754_3327073283575985682_n.jpg?oh=6b602efca766e3949f1b8d860758f416&oe=5491284F&__gda__=1422431650_0f5e4de2f1ea9487de5d61cfd87a3365

So, some brief details...the plastic is good as are some of the paint apps (not wonky eyes at least). Very shiny. Cheap joint pins of red, unpainted plastic. There are a lot of joints sacrificed figure to figure (i.e. no knees on Star Lord, no wrist action...youre mostly gonna find ball jointed head and swivel waist/arms legs, and pins on elbows and knees).

worth $38 bucks? Subjective. I liked the movie only well enough to settle for the lack of articulation here. Groot was the draw for me, and even without some articulation, its a pretty solid looking figure.

10599503_10101366314267394_5604117794676027222_n.jpg?oh=bec712cb760025411205b35a370ab1a7&oe=5497B0F4

And to make up for lack of articulation....UN-ADVERTISED LIGHT-UP ACTION FEATURE!!!!

An oddity altogether, but with a lil more paint, it makes a fun project to get some stand-ins for my ML collection

10620550_10101366312640654_2311506677050907081_n.jpg?oh=61530dc328eee8b8ab32dbaec9d9b18f&oe=549D1FAC

knock-off Chinese set arrived today:

10649572_10101366312161614_4297258579322430457_n.jpg?oh=9859e0d575ec32bec4e4244243606459&oe=548C6431

10368438_10101366312466004_6178592572601809439_n.jpg?oh=396fdbe3b74b4ac0eee3fc0d2529c134&oe=54925C3D&__gda__=1417828930_b031d2bb9b10044be4016cbc04dca77a

10660095_10101366314087754_3327073283575985682_n.jpg?oh=6b602efca766e3949f1b8d860758f416&oe=5491284F&__gda__=1422431650_0f5e4de2f1ea9487de5d61cfd87a3365

So, some brief details...the plastic is good as are some of the paint apps (not wonky eyes at least). Very shiny. Cheap joint pins of red, unpainted plastic. There are a lot of joints sacrificed figure to figure (i.e. no knees on Star Lord, no wrist action...youre mostly gonna find ball jointed head and swivel waist/arms legs, and pins on elbows and knees).

worth $38 bucks? Subjective. I liked the movie only well enough to settle for the lack of articulation here. Groot was the draw for me, and even without some articulation, its a pretty solid looking figure.

10599503_10101366314267394_5604117794676027222_n.jpg?oh=bec712cb760025411205b35a370ab1a7&oe=5497B0F4

And to make up for lack of articulation....UN-ADVERTISED LIGHT-UP ACTION FEATURE!!!!

An oddity altogether, but with a lil more paint, it makes a fun project to get some stand-ins for my ML collection

10620550_10101366312640654_2311506677050907081_n.jpg?oh=61530dc328eee8b8ab32dbaec9d9b18f&oe=549D1FAC

Glad you got them. From your post in my thread about my ebay scammer it sounded like you might end up getting the shaft.

For me the set was worth paying the extra money for the real deal. That said, Hasbro needs to shape up with the cheep plastic used on their joints, they make the knees and elbows extra bendy and less stable. GOTG is not the only culprit toy line. It's happened with a lot of recent MLs and now starting to with Star Wars. If I have one more female figure fall over because of the one-two combo of weak knees and small feet with high heels, I'm gonna have a fit. My Gamora needs a DC base to stand, the Jean Grey I've waited so long for always has a knee give out on her, and my Scar Jo Black Widow is going down with the next light breeze that comes through my room.

Toy companies, GIVE THE WOMEN FEET THAT ALLOW THEM TO STAND ON THEIR OWN! It can be done! I don't care if you have to sacrifice movie or comic accuracy!

Sorry about that rant.

I heard the people that wrote this bio also wrote the screenplay for the new Sucktastic Four Movie coming out soon......we can only hope that we get entire Movie ML wave from that Oscar contender coming next year......on other news....this pack is very cool for the price.....I like interesting & weird toys so if I saw this at a flea market I would snatch this up for under $40.....Groot looks great like you mentioned.....I have ML Nova & Rocket so far I'm waiting for clearance blowout this Xmas to finish off my groot.....but my Nova is very gummy & loose....for $20 bux Hasslebro is sure skimping on the goodness....

I like interesting & weird toys so if I saw this at a flea market I would snatch this up for under $40.....Groot looks great like you mentioned....font]

I did a black paint wash on Groot, Rocket, Drax, and Iron Man last night...made these cheap suckers look even better for the price point. The sculpts are great for re-mold, and the wash really brings them out. I'll post pics soon.

I had bought the real deal Rocket and Nova when they hit, but I like my KO Groot so much (even without extra articulation), im selling the two official pieces I have on ebay. He really made the chance on this set worthwhile. The KO Groot's torso is made of the solid, pliable plastic like the arms/head and un like the hollow shell on the real deal. Strange how much more plastic went into this guy, even without the extra joints.

• 2 months later...

So what's this I've been hearing about some Rocket Raccoon figures showing up packaged without the Hadron Enforcer (BFG)?

I read on Amazon some figures are being sold without it, and I've seen a couple of images around the net of Rocket packaged with just the build-a-figure Groot piece and his laser-weapon, and was just wondering if this is a running change, an alternate release, some kind of regional exclusive or what.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Blu-Ray about a week ago, but due to the holiday rush, I didn't get to see it until last night. Let's just say I agree with Draven...love is not a big-enough word for how I feel about this film. It's every bit as good as all the hype implied. Rarely do I compare modern films to the original Star Wars, but GOTG has that same adventuresome, swashbuckling feel and originality. It was so much fun to watch. I had a blast watching it.

I got the Blu-Ray about a week ago, but due to the holiday rush, I didn't get to see it until last night. Let's just say I agree with Draven...love is not a big-enough word for how I feel about this film. It's every bit as good as all the hype implied. Rarely do I compare modern films to the original Star Wars, but GOTG has that same adventuresome, swashbuckling feel and originality. It was so much fun to watch. I had a blast watching it.

Yes, I agree...my family likes this movie a lot.

I got a copy gifted to me for X-mas. I have to say, with all the hype surrounding this moving and everybody fawning over it likes it's some masterpiece, it's okay at best. I mean all the comedy is completely on the nose and not really that funny. The music kind of sucked and was irritating to me. The bit at the end, the distraction, was completely stupid. You are a destroyer of worlds, that's going to stop you, that's going to distract you and get you to lose focus?

I would have bought this movie the day of its release except my wife told me I had to wait until Christmas. Well that came and went and no Guardians movie. Oh well. We are still doing her father's side of the family's Christmas in about two weeks so I guess there's a chance that I get it then. But if history is any indicator, I'll just be getting a large bottle of Captain Morgan. Which is still good in and of itself.....

I got a copy gifted to me for X-mas. I have to say, with all the hype surrounding this moving and everybody fawning over it likes it's some masterpiece, it's okay at best. I mean all the comedy is completely on the nose and not really that funny. The music kind of sucked and was irritating to me. The bit at the end, the distraction, was completely stupid. You are a destroyer of worlds, that's going to stop you, that's going to distract you and get you to lose focus?

I compared it to Star Wars, but you know what? Star Wars isn't a masterpiece, and Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a masterpiece. It was fun to watch, that's all. I didn't take it seriously, and that's why I enjoyed it so much. I personally liked the music because it was completely inappropriate and out-of-place, ergo, it was funny.

I'm not sure what some people were expecting out of a film featuring a cybernetically-enhanced talking raccoon, Cosmo the Space Dog, and a living tree-person that can only express himself with the three words "I am Groot!" (lol)

I compared it to Star Wars, but you know what? Star Wars isn't a masterpiece, and Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a masterpiece. It was fun to watch, that's all. I didn't take it seriously, and that's why I enjoyed it so much. I personally liked the music because it was completely inappropriate and out-of-place, ergo, it was funny.

I'm not sure what some people were expecting out of a film featuring a cybernetically-enhanced talking raccoon, Cosmo the Space Dog, and a living tree-person that can only express himself with the three words "I am Groot!" (lol)

I'm with you on everything here.

You want your superhero movie to end with a 50 minute brawl followed by a big exploding MacGuffin? There's 89 different movies you can choose from where you can see that. If you're telling me there's ONE superhero movie that ends with the Big Bad being distracted and ultimately beaten by a silly dance? I'll take it. Just because it's different, I'll take it.

I'm with you on everything here.

You want your superhero movie to end with a 50 minute brawl followed by a big exploding MacGuffin? There's 89 different movies you can choose from where you can see that. If you're telling me there's ONE superhero movie that ends with the Big Bad being distracted and ultimately beaten by a silly dance? I'll take it. Just because it's different, I'll take it.

My daughter loved it and since its a movie in my "wheel house", I'll take what I can get!

I received a copy on Blu-ray for Xmas.....watched it immediately.....don't worry Kill Solo......"things are gonna get easier....ooh ooh child things are gonna get brighter".....Its still one of my favorite Marvel movies.....in all rights a franchise like Fantastic Four should've dusted GOTG.....but here we are.....& "there ain't no mountain high enough to keep me from" watching my DVD over & over again.....& yes "Dance off Bro" is in my list of active catch phrases....as well as "I don't believe anyone is 100% a di#@"........ We are Groot....(where's our Groot emoticon?)