Wolverine Legends...

Nguyen_Dragon

Cyclops was canned they said yes, but that Rogue would make it out for Days of Future Past line most likely.

Draven

Days of the Future Past line? Explain.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclops was canned they said yes, but that Rogue would make it out for Days of Future Past line most likely.

Draven

Days of the Future Past line? Explain.

Starting in 2014 the marvel legends is gonna go through a rebranding and all marvel figures are gonna be tied to the marvel movies they are gonna include a mixture of both movie and comics figures. It was shown in SDCC some of the figures from the upcoming Captain America and Spider Man movies. The same thing is gonna happen with the Xmen Days of Future past movie.

Starting in 2014 the marvel legends is gonna go through a rebranding and all marvel figures are gonna be tied to the marvel movies they are gonna include a mixture of both movie and comics figures. It was shown in SDCC some of the figures from the upcoming Captain America and Spider Man movies. The same thing is gonna happen with the Xmen Days of Future past movie.

And since Marvel has movies planned through 2021, the wait between waves probably won't even be that long. This may end up being a good plan, actually.

Well nothing is completely certain, the lost in limbo variants can attest to that, to be honest I don't remember it being confirmed maybe it was and I missed it but I think it was mentioned, there was a lot of stuff coming out of SDCC and a lot of confusion about the movie lines rebranding. They did mention that they didn't went with a Thor 2 line due to time constraints and had to choose between Cap and Thor movies and decided to go with Cap, I'm guessing this has to do with GOTG, Amazing Spider Man and X-men DOTFP movies coming next year and getting action figures in addition to Captain America 2. You do bring a valid point, Mako, one that I have been pondering myself if retailers passed on Wolverine and which is a character that has like 5 movie appearances and its already well known that doesn't provide much hope, then again that line didn't have any movie figures.

And since Marvel has movies planned through 2021, the wait between waves probably won't even be that long. This may end up being a good plan, actually.

If the Captain America line is any indication it's a good plan since I really liked what was shown for that one but I'm holding my breath to see how it goes with retailers, I mean that's basically the whole point of this thing to get the product to retailers that would otherwise pass on them by tying it to a movie. This looks promising next year we're getting Guardians of the Galaxy, Kevin Feige already mentioned being interested in making an Inhumans movie, Ant Man is coming for phase 3, the rights to Daredevil are back in Marvel hands, Dr. Strange movie is getting some buzz and Fox is scrambling like crazy to reboot the Fantastic Four so while what you can do with movie tie in line can be somewhat limiting to what characters you can do in terms of the broader Marvel Universe there's some good potential there.

• 2 weeks later...

If/When they do, I doubt we'll see it until the end of next year. The reason I give for that is I see them doing four ML "movie" waves next year. Cap comes out at the beginning of April, So we'll probably get his wave in the Feb store resets. Spiderman comes out at the beginning of May, So that will be out around then. Guardians of the Galaxy comes out in August, so around there would work for a Guardians wave. That leaves an X-men wave to come out around the time of the X-men DVD release in or around October. I just feel that they will push Cap, Spidey and Guardians a bit more than the X-men movie since the X_men movie lines have always seemed to get less of a push than others.

If/When they do, I doubt we'll see it until the end of next year. The reason I give for that is I see them doing four ML "movie" waves next year. Cap comes out at the beginning of April, So we'll probably get his wave in the Feb store resets. Spiderman comes out at the beginning of May, So that will be out around then. Guardians of the Galaxy comes out in August, so around there would work for a Guardians wave. That leaves an X-men wave to come out around the time of the X-men DVD release in or around October. I just feel that they will push Cap, Spidey and Guardians a bit more than the X-men movie since the X_men movie lines have always seemed to get less of a push than others.

A Guardians wave sounds like a tough sell. I mean, they're just not that well known. Here's hoping Marvel makes with a big marketing push to get things warmed up.

It might seem like a tough sale now, but if Hasbro/Marvel sell it at the trade shows and Toyfair it could be a surprise hit. All they have to do is play up the fact that it will tie into the Avengers movies and retailers might just start thinking of the dollars signs that came with the first Avengers movie.

Thanks for the update man... They should just do a Jim Lee X-Men box set for next year SDCC exclusive...

The demand for that set would be outrageous........seriously....I can't even imagine.

seriously. it always seemed like a no brainer to me. i have no idea why they havent done this yet in both 3.75" and 6". maybe they'd have to pay jim lee $ and dont want too.

A Guardians wave sounds like a tough sell. I mean, they're just not that well known. Here's hoping Marvel makes with a big marketing push to get things warmed up.

It might seem like a tough sale now, but if Hasbro/Marvel sell it at the trade shows and Toyfair it could be a surprise hit. All they have to do is play up the fact that it will tie into the Avengers movies and retailers might just start thinking of the dollars signs that came with the first Avengers movie.

Exactly. Right at this moment, If you asked Joe-Average about Guardians of the Galaxy, he'd probably think you were talking about Green Lantern's bosses. Once the media machine warms up, trade mags, licensing shows, strategically leaked photos, McDonalds cups, people are gonna figure out real quick who Rocket Raccoon and company are.

I have a feeling Guardians of the Galaxy will go over well... People might want to grab those MU 3-packs now...

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I'm really looking forward to the Wolverine cause I believe it will be the best version done. Cyclops looks good, and may replace my Jim Lee version. Sabertooth I may buy for the BAF piece, but maybe sell. Emma is a toss up cause pics of her from the net and what we saw when she was released doesn't look the same face wise. I'm hoping this is just bad pics.

Yea I'm really looking forward to the Wolverine cause I believe it will be the best version done. Cyclops looks good, and may replace my Jim Lee version. Sabertooth I may buy for the BAF piece, but maybe sell. Emma is a toss up cause pics of her from the net and what we saw when she was released doesn't look the same face wise. I'm hoping this is just bad pics.

She looks fine based upon the reviews I seen... I was worried about her face also...

She looks fine based upon the reviews I seen... I was worried about her face also...

Yea from the neck down she is awesome, but we will have to wait and see

• 3 weeks later...

Cool I want to pick up Wolvy but thinking about waiting to see if someone can customize him to make him look more like his current outfit, X-Men logo missing on the chest, etc.

You won't have trouble finding a Wolverine he's packed 3 to a case, customizing the X logo could be tricky but not extremely difficult.