Kre-O GI Joe

Just curious if anyone here has been collecting these and what they think of them?

I'm seriously looking into buying a few of these sets. I thought they were just the figures, like mini-mates, until I stumbled across the Tactical Battle Platform set on eBay. I can't believe how cool these all look. They are the GI Joe lego sets I always wanted as a kid. @lol@

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about:

KRE-O-GI-JOE-BATTLE-PLATFORM-ATTACK.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqQl18S9Udo

I bought every set but the platform when they originally went up for preorder on toysrus.com. At first I really enjoyed them. My daughter and I put all of them together but the set that came with Flint. That one is still in the box. I never could find the blind packs. As far as I know my Toys R Us never got them. The novelty seems to have worn off and I really don't have any desire to buy more. My mind might change with time. We'll see.

I found some blind packs a couple weeks ago at an out of the way TRU... so they're still out there, kinda. Some people are finding the next wave of vehicles already... the good thing about these is the Battleship stuff is dirt cheap, you can find them on clearance at some stores like Meijer or Kmart and easily use the guys in those packs to fill out your joes or cobras.. ;)

I found some blind packs a couple weeks ago at an out of the way TRU... so they're still out there, kinda. Some people are finding the next wave of vehicles already... the good thing about these is the Battleship stuff is dirt cheap, you can find them on clearance at some stores like Meijer or Kmart and easily use the guys in those packs to fill out your joes or cobras.. ;)

Yup I've been finding the Battleship & Transformer sets at Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, I've passed on them but they seem to be about 10$ or more in some cases cheaper, I saw the bigger battleship set at Marshalls for $20 it was very cool but I left it, I bought the Joe Battle Platform for my nephews when they came to visit last month & they loved it. They were busy for quite awhile that afternoon.....if these sets are cheap I usually pick them up for Xmas presents for all the chiddrenns in my life, nieces, nephews, grandkids, friends of the Fam.......they are awesome 3D puzzles to keep them busy and if they finish them I always like challenging them to build something off the wall, the replay value on building sets are so worth the peace and quiet sometimes......well until they start fighting over pieces.... oh and I wish I could pick up some but mannnn my regular Joe habit is devastating to my wallet already......well I hope we see some discounted at Ross & friends in the future.....if they aren't all bought up that is....

I ended up buying the Battle Platform, Ninja Temple, Checkpoint Alpha and Dragonfly sets off of TRU's website. Can't wait for them to get here.

Now if I could find someplace to buy the blind bags online...

• 3 weeks later...

I bought quite a few of the first wave and tons of blind bags, love them, but currently collecting dust. I've seen scant sightings of a wave two set and passed, but I'm sure I'll go nuts for them again. They're only collecting dust more for lack of time than any other reason. Love the Alley Vipers and Crimson Guard the most.