"The Flash" Discussion Thread

The Wire

I couldn't bring myself to watch tonight's episode, so I ended up watching "My Favorite Brunette" on DVD. I figured if its a choice between watching a master in the field (Bob Hope) in one of his signature comedy classics, or yet another stepping stone in a so-so superhero series' whirlwind degradation into a bad sitcom, I'll take the one that DOESN'T make me lose faith in television as an entertainment medium.

I chose wisely...

At least this ep didn't seem as slapstick as last week, I expected some amount of 'humor', based the guest star. Only two things stood out as overly annoying to me, references to 'glowing' references every few minutes, and the helicopter scene, How did he stop it? Shouldn't it have yanked him off the ground, or jhe just continues stretching? "Plastic-Man" was also a little too forced, at least let it be part of a list of names.

^ I meant their attempt to give him the code-name, I just wish it had been one of a number of names, "Stretchy" "Rubber---something",... instread of going straight to the easter egg/joke ;)

Wentworth Miller Makes Announcement About Leaving 'DC Legends'& 'The Flash'

• Like 1

To paraphrase Barney Fife: "I just couldn't look forward to the future knowing a Felicity Smoak guest-shot was in it."

As much as it pained me to miss an episode that would finally involve Caitlyn in some meaningful fashion, I played the averages and skipped this one in favor of finishing Stranger Things 2.

I feel pretty good about my choice.

Based on the 'drunk Barry' promo, I was not looking forward to this episode. Ralph was ok, but, I thought there were too many one-liners, not to mention, team 'girl power' vs 'Ms Magneto' (the magnet only worked on her metal?)

I get what they're doing. Supposedly, people (not me) thought last season was "to dark," so apparently their answer is turning the series into Lab Rats: The Next Generation.

(That's actually not fair. I watched Lab Rats, at its worst it was still better than this season of The Flash.)

This series has gone downhill really fast, it has gone from the one I enjoyed the most out of all the Arrowverse shows to the one I'm caring less about. I'm getting tired out of the whole universe building and introducing new supporting characters, as a comic book fan I understand the appeal of adapting a comic book character and bringing him to the show but let's not sacrifice the story for it at least Kid Dumbo is gone this season. Ralph was five minutes in the show and Caitlin was already gawking at him; I'm all for women to be romantically and sexually confident but geez woman are you gonna get a new man every season?!? Which brings me to my next gripe and this something that it's not isolated to the Flash but the CW as a whole, Why oh Why? must everyone must be paired off it seems that everyone must have a romantic interest in the show. We already have to put up with the Godawful Iris who contributes nothing toTeam Flash except being annoying and acting like the whole world owes her something plus she's not even a good reporter, God I miss Patty Spivot. It's frustrating because this show started so well and now it's Dawson Creek with superpowers, I'm thinking of dropping it for now and wait for it on Netflix to watch when I'm don't have something better to do.

I'm getting tired out of the whole universe building and introducing new supporting characters,

I'm thinking of dropping it for now and wait for it on Netflix to watch when I'm don't have something better to do.

That is my number one gripe with all live action superhero stuff. Marvel or DC, big screen or small screen. The focus comes OFF of the title character and ON to "how many other superheroes can we cram in here?" And it's honestly been that way since Smallville. I like a good crossover but producers have just taken it way overboard. It's like if I tell my mom I like pumpkin pie and then she feeds me pumpkin pie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week. You've ruined it, mom, it's not special anymore.

That has been my plan for the last two seasons. Turns out, I always have something better to do.

I'm getting tired out of the whole universe building and introducing new supporting characters,

I'm thinking of dropping it for now and wait for it on Netflix to watch when I'm don't have something better to do.

That is my number one gripe with all live action superhero stuff. Marvel or DC, big screen or small screen. The focus comes OFF of the title character and ON to "how many other superheroes can we cram in here?" And it's honestly been that way since Smallville. I like a good crossover but producers have just taken it way overboard. It's like if I tell my mom I like pumpkin pie and then she feeds me pumpkin pie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week. You've ruined it, mom, it's not special anymore.

That has been my plan for the last two seasons. Turns out, I always have something better to do.

The crossovers don't really bother me, nor the "guest-heroes." It gives the impression there's a universe out there beyond what the hero of a given show is doing.

If I do have a problem (beyond the obvious shift to bad comedy), it would be summed up excellently by a line Iris spoke to Barry in a promo I saw last night:

"You're not the Flash. We all are."

I don't even know what to add to that. Except maybe that I signed on to watch a TV show about The Flash, as in the guy in the suit, the comic book superhero. Not The Flash and Friends, not even Team Flash. Everyone else is just there to flesh out the guy in the suit's story, and maybe contribute the occasional B-plot. PERIOD.

Sigh...

http://deadline.com/2017/11/andrew-kreisberg-suspended-sexual-harassment-allegations-1202206230/amp/

If this wasn't such a serious subject, it would be comical the rate these allegations are coming out. It's so sad. Seriously, there's a new one every day!

I swear to God, Yojoe, I was joking that time.

What's really sad, is that this latest wave of allegations has only been around for a few weeks now. The sexual harassment that spawned it has been considered business as usual in Hollywood almost as long as there has BEEN a Hollywood.

I'm actually glad the allegations are coming out the way they are. Male, female, black, white, young, old, gay, straight; NOBODY deserves to be treated that way, and it serves fitting notice to the Harvey Weinsteins and Kevin Spaceys of the world that such behavior will no longer be tolerated. As for all the kids out there looking to make it in ANY industry, it says that you DON'T have to put up with that crap no matter how big or influential the SOB is.

Sorry, my family is like 80% women, and hearing about transgressions against women is just about the quickest way to get my back up.

Ok, enough with Ralph, and the alternate versions of Harry....

I don't mind Ralph at all. DC Wiki does have him as one of Flash's best friends. Just have him trained & sent off on his own at the end of the season.

Enough with Harry though! I didn't mind him when Jesse Quick was around. His alternate versions my gawd that was awful!

What is wrong with all these superhero shows and their always unmasking or discovering of the heroes secret identity?

It has become way over done! Plus it isn't just in the DC shows. Marvel is just as guilty.

oh no not flashbacks

Flashbacks are fine, make the entire show flashbacks for all I care. Just please....God, no more Iris and the bloody wedding.

The Arrow's flashbacks are so annoying because they interupt the main story at the worst times.

So you want a Game of Thrones wedding?

oh no not flashbacks

Flashbacks are fine, make the entire show flashbacks for all I care. Just please....God, no more Iris and the bloody wedding.

The Arrow's flashbacks are so annoying because they interupt the main story at the worst times.

So you want a Game of Thrones wedding?

No idea, never saw Game of Thrones. In the case of the Flash though, I want one those '80s action show weddings. You know, the hero falls in love with the chick over the course of a two-and-a-half minute Mike Post music montage only to have the villain crash the wedding, whack the bride, and she's never mentioned again the entire series.

As for Arrow, there are a hundred ways that show has screwed the pooch, the annoying flash-backs don't even crack the top 10.

• 1 month later...