"The Flash" Discussion Thread

The one problem I had with the season premiere is where was the Barry from that timeline?

Our Barry WAS the Barry from that timeline. He wasn't visiting a parallel Earth this time, he changed history on his OWN Earth. That's why he was losing his memory, he was being acclimated into the new timeline.

Wouldn't his life had been different? He wouldn't be the Flash? That can't be the same because he knew of the alt time line

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only on TV can a cop sign a lease on an apartment like that... much less AFTER losing their job.

And no, all the rotten stuff he did to Harry Potter doesn't count.

once again secret identities mean NOTHING to DC TV @rolleye@ the "I don't trust you because you wear a mask" thing is so lame! does saving his LIFE count for nothing!!!???

Posted Images

The one problem I had with the season premiere is where was the Barry from that timeline?

Our Barry WAS the Barry from that timeline. He wasn't visiting a parallel Earth this time, he changed history on his OWN Earth. That's why he was losing his memory, he was being acclimated into the new timeline.

Wouldn't his life had been different? He wouldn't be the Flash? That can't be the same because he knew of the alt time line

Honestly, when you start over-analyzing this stuff it all falls apart.

If Jay thought time-travel was so dangerous, why take Barry to the '90's to warn him about it?

Why did alt. Kaitlyn have a completely different career?

How could any of this have possibly done ANYTHING to change the gender of John Diggle's baby?

Why can't Barry just run back to the night he beat Zoom and stop himself from going back to save his Mom? Would this not prevent Flashpoint?

Where did Barry get the speed-proof cell he kept Eobard in?

Where were the Legends? Isn't this sort of thing just what they had been flying around stopping as of the Season 2 opener?

The first two episodes seemed somewhat anticlimactic to me. "Flashpoint" seemed way to rushed. I can understand why the might have done it, but after the "hype" of the changed timeline, I would have liked to see more

I liked the second episode a little more since it dealt with him changing things back and them not being exactly the same. SO were easy to understand and some I guess we will have to wait and see how they play out. Rival was a waste and could have been about any villian and while Alchemy seems to be interesting, if it turns out to be the new CSI guy I will be disappointed.

I wonder how long till we see Impulse arrive

Hopefully, quite a while.

We've already gotten two Flashes, a Kid Flash, a She-Flash, and FOUR evil Speedsters, two of which were Big-Bads.

No wonder Wally is so POed about not having speed-powers. Just about everyone Team Flash runs into DOES.

• 1 month later...

I guess Julian didn't rat Killer Frost out so...its back to zero.....So what's up w/Megatro umm Savitar? How are they gonna beat him?..... annnnnd okay...I know Barry's an hero doing hero things....but that dress Iris had on for the Xmas party??? She's smoking hot.....He needs to take Jay's advice....live a little Barry lol

• 1 month later...

After a crappy morning turned into a heavy day which devolved into a truly sh--ty afternoon, I needed some quality escapism. This may not have been Flash's best episode, but just for tonight they get a free pass.

Mission accomplished guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need to know who Savitar is!!! lol

I miss Cisco's antics... and I'm so sick of the drama between Iris and Barry. It has gotten old! @hmmm@

Also, it seems something might be sparking between Caitlin and Julian, but it seems forced and not natural at all. There does not seem to be much chemistry between them either. Also, he may want to run; she does not have good luck when it comes to guys. They either die or are evil. lol

I opted to skip The Flash's big musical experiment (can they call it an experiment when its been done to death?). I had already gotten deep into streaming Iron Fist, and I just wasn't in the mood for one of those episodes.

Besides, I didn't really like the whole "Music Miester" angle when they used it on Batman the Brave and the Bold, I honestly doubted having him sub for Savitar, the viciously manipulative evil Hindu god of speed would've improved my opinion.

I opted to skip The Flash's big musical experiment (can they call it an experiment when its been done to death?). I had already gotten deep into streaming Iron Fist, and I just wasn't in the mood for one of those episodes.

Besides, I didn't really like the whole "Music Miester" angle when they used it on Batman the Brave and the Bold, I honestly doubted having him sub for Savitar, the viciously manipulative evil Hindu god of speed would've improved my opinion.

You were right to skip it. It was horrendous. Music Meister is a joke. Not only that he wasn't even a "real" villain. The whole plot made no sense!

I will agree that the plot made absolutely no sense whatsoever, I *loved* the episode. I am a musician/singer and I love musicals and all that... I would (and sometimes do) break out into song if I could, anywhere. Haha @lol@
So I appreciated this episode, and everyone had an amazing voice! And I liked that the end of the episode brought Barry/Iris and Kara/Mon-El back together!!! But I am a softy for that mushiness... lol

• 3 weeks later...

Ep. 3.19: "The Once And Future Flash" - Preview Images, Synopsis, & Trailer

Ep 3.20: "I Know Who You Are" - Preview Images, Synopsis, & Trailer

Ep 3.21: "Cause And Effect" - Synopsis & Trailer

Season Finale Synopses For 'Arrow', 'The Flash' & 'Supergirl'

“Finish Line”

With nothing left to lose, Barry (Grant Gustin) takes on Savitar in an epic conclusion to season three.

Director: David McWhirter
Written: Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing

Airdate: 5/23/2017

• Like 1