"The Flash" Discussion Thread

The Wire

I guess Julian didn't rat Killer Frost out so...its back to zero.....So what's up w/Megatro umm Savitar? How are they gonna beat him?..... annnnnd okay...I know Barry's an hero doing hero things....but that dress Iris had on for the Xmas party??? She's smoking hot.....He needs to take Jay's advice....live a little Barry lol

• 1 month later...

After a crappy morning turned into a heavy day which devolved into a truly sh--ty afternoon, I needed some quality escapism. This may not have been Flash's best episode, but just for tonight they get a free pass.

Mission accomplished guys.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I need to know who Savitar is!!! lol

I miss Cisco's antics... and I'm so sick of the drama between Iris and Barry. It has gotten old! @hmmm@

Also, it seems something might be sparking between Caitlin and Julian, but it seems forced and not natural at all. There does not seem to be much chemistry between them either. Also, he may want to run; she does not have good luck when it comes to guys. They either die or are evil. lol

I opted to skip The Flash's big musical experiment (can they call it an experiment when its been done to death?). I had already gotten deep into streaming Iron Fist, and I just wasn't in the mood for one of those episodes.

Besides, I didn't really like the whole "Music Miester" angle when they used it on Batman the Brave and the Bold, I honestly doubted having him sub for Savitar, the viciously manipulative evil Hindu god of speed would've improved my opinion.

I opted to skip The Flash's big musical experiment (can they call it an experiment when its been done to death?). I had already gotten deep into streaming Iron Fist, and I just wasn't in the mood for one of those episodes.

Besides, I didn't really like the whole "Music Miester" angle when they used it on Batman the Brave and the Bold, I honestly doubted having him sub for Savitar, the viciously manipulative evil Hindu god of speed would've improved my opinion.

You were right to skip it. It was horrendous. Music Meister is a joke. Not only that he wasn't even a "real" villain. The whole plot made no sense!

I will agree that the plot made absolutely no sense whatsoever, I *loved* the episode. I am a musician/singer and I love musicals and all that... I would (and sometimes do) break out into song if I could, anywhere. Haha @lol@
So I appreciated this episode, and everyone had an amazing voice! And I liked that the end of the episode brought Barry/Iris and Kara/Mon-El back together!!! But I am a softy for that mushiness... lol

• 3 weeks later...

Ep. 3.19: "The Once And Future Flash" - Preview Images, Synopsis, & Trailer

Ep 3.20: "I Know Who You Are" - Preview Images, Synopsis, & Trailer

Ep 3.21: "Cause And Effect" - Synopsis & Trailer

Season Finale Synopses For 'Arrow', 'The Flash' & 'Supergirl'

“Finish Line”

With nothing left to lose, Barry (Grant Gustin) takes on Savitar in an epic conclusion to season three.

Director: David McWhirter
Written: Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing

Airdate: 5/23/2017

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if anyone else was surprised by who Megatron/Savitar was.... but I was a bit. I had some thoughts who it may have been, but I was wrong on all parts. lol I would like to better understand how Savitar came about... and why he looked like that... and why he is so evil... and why Caitlyn/Killer Frost was so quick to join him? Any thoughts?

I usually try and be more forgiving of the Flash nowadays. I mean, let's face it, with Arrow being garbage since around the middle of Season 4 (and only so-so before that), and Supergirl's degradation into poorly written lesbian propaganda; The Flash is the best game in town.

And then there was last night . . .

5 minutes of weak exposition to explain Megatron, and 37 minutes of one the most tired cliché's in TV history (Funny Amnesia). And Iris? My God, she talked a lot this episode. 3/4s through the episode and I was rooting for Savitar. Seriously, that's why Barry and Wally only had to put out the office fire. Everyone trapped inside burned to death while Felis-Iris was monologuing.

Even the technobabble was weak. Savitar lost his memory because Barry lost his memory which caused Wally to lose his powers since Savitar never arranged for him to get them. But using that same "cause and effect" logic, wouldn't that mean Amnesia-Barry would never have become Savitar in the first place? They even came out and said Amnesia-Barry was a total opposite to moody-Barry who gave rise to Savitar in the first place.

Maybe I could forgive this episode if it were earlier in the season, but we're in the home-stretch. Time to bring the A-game. The big pay-off is due. We sat through an entire season, we deserve better than Funny Amnesia and HR Wells' version of "When Harry met Sally."

And no, next weeks promise of The Flash and Captain Cold do "Ocean's 2" doesn't fill me with hope either.

On the upside, as much as I miss cute-as-a-button Caitlyn, Danielle is makin' that Killer Frost look work in a big way.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, well my question from earlier was answered, why Caitlyn/Killer Frost was so quick to follow Savitar. Ridiculous. So he was created because of Barry's messing with the Speed Force, and he becomes super angry, goes crazy and thinks he's a god??? If you think any of this stuff over too much, i guess it never really does make much sense. Oh well.

My hubby and I are missing the fun in Flash. Arrow was the dark show, Flash was fun and Legends of Tomorrow was trying to be serious but goofy. All of that worked. THen they ALL got dark, especially Flash, and now it's no fun to watch anymore. I do like Tom Felton, though. Even if his "love" of Caitlyn was SUPER rushed.

And I'm glad Captain Cold was back for a little bit. I really missed his character and the fun it brought....

"I've always been Iris West-Allen, and I always will be."

Hmmm.

Does that include back in season 1 when she and Big-Ed Thawn were horn-doggin' all over Central City? What about all that time she all but ignored poor Barry in favor of getting the Flash scoop? Oh, or when she shot down Barry's first proposal cold because she felt he was only doing it out of concern for her? (Where does this guy get off being concerned for his woman's well-being?!?)

Now you know why Barry was in such a hurry to jump back into the speed-force. As far as self-absorbed c**k teases go, Iris makes Smallville Lana look like Carol Brady by comparison.

.....She was also a little to quick and a little to okay with shooting Bad-Barry in the back.

"Run Barry, run...."

Hmmm.

Does that include back in season 1 when she and Big-Ed Thawn were horn-doggin' all over Central City? What about all that time she all but ignored poor Barry in favor of getting the Flash scoop? Oh, or when she shot down Barry's first proposal cold because she felt he was only doing it out of concern for her? (Where does this guy get off being concerned for his woman's well-being?!?)

Now you know why Barry was in such a hurry to jump back into the speed-force. As far as self-absorbed c**k teases go, Iris makes Smallville Lana look like Carol Brady by comparison.

.....She was also a little to quick and a little to okay with shooting Bad-Barry in the back.

"Run Barry, run...."

Are you talking about the Flash or a daytime Soap?

Hmmm.

"Run Barry, run...."

Are you talking about the Flash or a daytime Soap?

I . . . don't even know anymore.

I would like to see a couple of episodes of the new season feature Wally as the new flash.....what I mean is (you know they're going to bring Barry back somehow someway) that Wally is the Flash for 7 or so episodes before they even considering trying to save Barry or the thought of saving Barry.....I imagine that the Speed Force is going to clue Barry to more "secrets of the speedy-verse" before he escapes the Speed Force....yeah I'm kinda w/ya Mako...after all that Barry has done for Iris all of sudden now she's Team Barry for Life.....she should've been Team Barry & admitted it along time ago..but 22 episode seasons make for some interesting filler as far a Soap Opera-ish story lines....at least he stayed true & tried to help Savitar as opposed to killing him....time to shop for another H.R. by the way....he was annoying but still part of team Flash.....

Agreed. They will try to bring him back, but like you said, they may try for awhile but it won't work... and suddenly he is back- which will make for some awkwardness. Which I'm sure Wally will mope off somewhere, but they will be okay after a few episodes of that.... again, I miss the general "light-ness" and fun of this show. Hopefully they can get back to that!

Also, like someone said before, Iris said she fell in love with Barry when she was a kid....what was Eddie then? And technically Barry just changed Iris's future, and she won't be Allen-West. This show is just.... grrrr... lol

Agreed. They will try to bring him back, but like you said, they may try for awhile but it won't work... and suddenly he is back- which will make for some awkwardness. Which I'm sure Wally will mope off somewhere, but they will be okay after a few episodes of that.... again, I miss the general "light-ness" and fun of this show. Hopefully they can get back to that!

Also, like someone said before, Iris said she fell in love with Barry when she was a kid....what was Eddie then? And technically Barry just changed Iris's future, and she won't be Allen-West. This show is just.... grrrr... lol

I was thinking that I hope they don't kill off Wally....maybe he will reunite w/Jesse & they will return to Earth 2 to help her dad out?.....lots of heavy stuff this last season & yes I miss the lighthearted fun Barry....

I just read that The Flash will be back Tuesday, October 10th...

I just binged watched the last 8 episodes of Flash this weekend and I am finally caught up. I understand why people could dislike the character. The time travel shtick is mind numbing. The multiple worlds and doppelgangers is annoying. For me this show started out as something fresh and interesting and then it turned into this convoluted mess of a soap opera. How many Wells are their going to be? However I did enjoy Kaitlin as Killer Frost. Whatever, here's hoping the next season is better.

Agreed- I think it's a running joke now all the Wells they find and kill, etc. I wonder if they are going to create a name for Caitlyn as a good meta, now that she lost the whole Killer thing...

I hope the show gets light again. THat would be nice.

• 4 weeks later...