The Wire

"The Flash" Discussion Thread

If this were a movie I'd say "Yeah right". But since it's a TV show and they got Arrow off the ground and it's successful, I give it more credit.

If this were a movie I'd say "Yeah right". But since it's a TV show and they got Arrow off the ground and it's successful, I give it more credit.

I wonder how this will conflict with the planned Flash movie...

Since launching Smallville over 10 years ago, CW/WB has managed to launch exactly TWO other comic-based shows. Other than that they have an impressive collection of failed pilots, false starts, rumors, and shows in "development." That includes two separate attempts at Wonder Woman (not counting the NBC pilot), Bruce Wayne as a kid, Dick Grayson as a kid, Aquaman as a kid, and an earlier attempt at a Flash series. (I'll be nice and not bring up the Lone Ranger and Tarzan failures.)

Call me when film rolls.

Bwaaaaahhh hahahahahahaaaaa!

Oh, I'm pretty sure it's safe from conflict with any "planned" movie.

ALL of DC's characters have "planned" movies :rolleyes:

Bwaaaaahhh hahahahahahaaaaa!

Oh, I'm pretty sure it's safe from conflict with any "planned" movie.

ALL of DC's characters have "planned" movies :rolleyes:

I know we been burnt in the past but it seems different this time around... I would be if I see my competitor kicking my ass...

I'd have been happy just to have him on Arrow, and in costume no less! Man, I liked this show before, but it's improving in my estimation every day.

It took Smallville 6 years and 2 sets of show-runners to get this far.

Not a criticism, but doesn't he look a little young for a forensic scientist, even for a CW show? Could just be an unfortunate choice of picture though.

Extra points for the producers including Barry's fan-boy side, especially the way they tended to play fast and loose with the shows adapted characters in the past.

I agree, I picture Barry somewhat older but I'm sure they'll change the character enough that this guy will fit the role, Personally I preferred the rumor of Charlie Hunnam being eyed for the Flash in a movie role. I already heard people complaining or voicing their concerns that introducing Flash won't fit the realistic tone of the series.

I already heard people complaining or voicing their concerns that introducing Flash won't fit the realistic tone of the series.

You know, I don't really get that argument. Ollie, a spoiled hard drinking slacker, gets marooned on an island for five years and comes back a master of hand-to-hand combat, parkour, archery, internet technology, and apparently the ability to change from street clothes to a quilted leather hoody costume and eye-shadow mask then cover vast distances in the space of a few seconds and do the whole thing again, in reverse, so no one gets wise to him.

If you can muster and sustain that level of suspension of disbelief, super-powers aren't that big a stretch.

Come to think of it, in a world where legal-aid lawyers can take on professional assassins . . . and still come out pretty, and C.E.Os can go on sabbatical and come back ninja-archers, I find hockey mask wearing bank robbers and disgruntled special forces soldiers to be a lot harder to swallow as viable threats (not to mention just a tiny bit cliché).

Granted, rolling out members of the Super Friends cast may have been a bit much for the first season, but for Arrow to continue its momentum, I think this is the only way it could go.

That's actually funny, personally I couldn't get past the first trailer it looked too Batman Begins for me, then again I've never liked Green Arrow as a character that much to begin with so it maybe it was that, too.

That's actually funny, personally I couldn't get past the first trailer it looked too Batman Begins for me, then again I've never liked Green Arrow as a character that much to begin with so it maybe it was that, too.

I wish the trailer were the ONLY Batman Begins influence. I almost wrote off the show after the extremely derivative pilot. As for GA himself, I'll take warmed over BatNolan over the far-left Hollywood pontificating of the comics and the Smallville Season 9-10 versions any day.

Great. Too bad these guys didn't do the Wonder Woman pilot

Why? I mean I'm glad the Flash is gonna be on the tube again, but we're just taking on faith that these guys won't screw it up.

Let's face it, it's real easy to do a Batman riff and just change the names to Green Arrow characters, but in nearly twelve years, I haven't really seen anything that convinces me that the CW can pull off a show starring a full-on costumed, super powered crime fighter.

I'm not a fan of the CW's DC soaps that they have turned the DCU into but I would give this a chance

Oh it definitely gets a chance. I just want to see it before I start handing out awards to the producers.