So, uuummmm....anyone see The Wolverine?

yojoebro82

The Wolverine was the most enjoyable comic movie ive seen in a looooong time. I liked the "slow parts"...the action was appropriately spaced and never went overboard (like most comic movies where you're watching a 2 hr cgi toonfest). My only complaints are cgi bear, hammy villainess Viper, and big dumb ending (why did the silver samurai have to be 20 feet tall and iron monger?).

It reminded me of better times, when budget dictated stronger stories and performances, like the relatively low budget first x-men movie. Again, restrained, quiet yet appropriately loud when it needs to be, and engaging.

Yes feat...it just seems like too often these days studios are working too hard to make the next big bloated, over-the-top blockbuster. Whatever happened to story and plot driving the action? I also like the lack of "shaking camera syndrome" so many modern films suffer from. (lol) The character development was nice too. It was refreshing.

Wolvie's Japan storylines may not be anyones fave, but at least he was definitely the focus of his own story and not lost in a sea of mutant cameos or Marvel Universe Easter eggs.

Focus...that's the word...superhero movies need to remember focus...not only for story/character purposes, but camera as well. Give the shakey cam, pov, in the thick of the battle stuff a break...pull back, give the audience's eyes a rest, and let them decide what to feel on their own.

Wolvie's Japan storylines may not be anyones fave, but at least he was definitely the focus of his own story and not lost in a sea of mutant cameos or Marvel Universe Easter eggs.

Agreed but I DID miss the Stan Lee cameo. I want to see him in every Marvel movie. I just get a kick out of it.....

Agreed but I DID miss the Stan Lee cameo. I want to see him in every Marvel movie. I just get a kick out of it.....

I really hate seeing stan lee in every Marvel movie. I can see him in movies with characters he created, like spiderman ect.. but not ones he didnt, ie captain america, wolverine, ghostrider, blade, punisher ect...

• 1 month later...