TMNT Classics Series 3...

i'm really looking forward to this set. hopefully the actual figure looks just as good upon release.

Cool! I've been waiting for something like this since the movie was released. I was always disappointed with how the original "movie" turtles turned out.

So far the sculpt looks pretty good... but I just hope the paint applications are sophisticated enough to prevent them from looking cartoony (or that I had the skill to touch them up myself).

Awaiting this wave with bated breath!

• 5 months later...

I hated the "real feel skin"... I always felt like it was going to break down or degrade. But I just pulled out those figs, and it's all still good... despite my other turtle figures from the same era having gone all sticky.

Either way... I really hope to see some reveals of these at Toy Fair.

No disrespect to the Movie Turtles but yes there are a few holes in the "classic line" Casey would be cool so would.....the Shredder, Splinter, Krang? I loved the old movie but I would pass on another wave of Turtles....& please Playmates if you do, can you put their legs on the right way this time....I still haven't fixed my Rocksteady....I haven't even taken these guys out of the box yet.....I'm assuming they just had to come up w/new Head Sculps only for these figs as the turtle bodies they could reuse previous tooling...I hope the fate of future classics characters that I would pay $ for doesn't rest on the how well the Movie Turtles sell....I really can't afford 2 sets of Turtles at this point w/all the other cool stuff coming out at this time...cool pic though

While I would rather have other figures like Casey, Shredder, Krang, etc, I will still get the movie turtles. I wanna support this line, I dont want it to go the way of my other two favorite childhood-remake lines, Ghostbusters and ThunderCats. I am also fine with a bunch of variations of the Turtles too, just like the old line. So common Star Trek Turtles! Both are prime for another action figure crossover!

Looking forward to seeing the other three movie turtles.

While I would rather have other figures like Casey, Shredder, Krang, etc, I will still get the movie turtles. I wanna support this line, I dont want it to go the way of my other two favorite childhood-remake lines, Ghostbusters and ThunderCats. I am also fine with a bunch of variations of the Turtles too, just like the old line. So common Star Trek Turtles! Both are prime for another action figure crossover!

Looking forward to seeing the other three movie turtles.

Unfortunately the Star Trek master license is no longer owned by Playmates. After releasing and failing to profit off of the dismal Nu Trek movie line, the license was pulled from them and given to Hasbro. A Star Trek Turtles line will never happen because of this.

Digging the sculpts revealed at Toy Fair, but hating the paint applications, or lack thereof.

If you weren't familiar with the movied designs these would just look like ordinary, run of the mill turtle figures. They need light and shade and texture to give them a real "movie feel".

If only I had any talent as a customiser...

Fugayzie?

Anybody else bugged by Raph's sais?

In the movie the prongs on the side were always taped up (except for one shot in the beginning where he leaves a sai behind), which bugged me then... but seeing the figure without the taped up sais now seems wrong (for a movie figure).

Additionally his likeness seems the least movie-like of the four.

Maybe I'm just too used to my NECA movie figures which are nice and gritty. That's what I wanted from this release. These seem too clean. I'll have to wait and see them in person before I can commit to a purchase.

Digging the sculpts revealed at Toy Fair, but hating the paint applications, or lack thereof.

If you weren't familiar with the movied designs these would just look like ordinary, run of the mill turtle figures. They need light and shade and texture to give them a real "movie feel".

If only I had any talent as a customiser...

Fugayzie?

lol, thanks!

Additionally his likeness seems the least movie-like of the four.

Maybe I'm just too used to my NECA movie figures which are nice and gritty. That's what I wanted from this release. These seem too clean. I'll have to wait and see them in person before I can commit to a purchase.

overall i think these are a pretty good take on the movie figures, but i too would have preferred the gritty feeling that NECA is so good at achieving. i dont really care for raph's facial expression either. i wish they would have given raph either a straight face or an annoyed look. i don't know what kind of expression they gave him, but it doesn't make me think of raph's personality. like i said, playmates did well on these, but they could have been much better.

The 90's Movie Turtles are ok but I can tell you the two figures coming in wave 4 should def get fans excited.

i look forward to seeing for myself :)

Im sure wave 4 will get things back on track if its who I hear it is. The movie turtles kind of are a let down for me. They just don't look movie enough for me.

Draven

with the hints of "greatness" i've been seeing, i can only imagine the next two being shredder and splinter. i think shredder for sure...the splinter could be interchangeble for april or casey, but i don't know.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE