SDCC GI Joe/Transformer leftover stock to be sold by...

JoeRhyno

The Official GI Joe Collector's Club(technically, also the Transformer's club too):

Posted on Joecustoms

There is some very exciting news!

We have been allocated a very limited number of the 2013 Comic Con GI Joe and Transformers "The Epic Conclusion" Vehicle/Figure sets from Hasbro. We are offering this set to our club members, both Transformer and GI Joe, but in order to be fair to everyone due to the limited number we received, we have decided to have a lottery drawing for the opportunity to purchase this set. If you want to be included in this lottery drawing, you must send an email to Lottery@FunPubinc.com ONLY. Send only one email with "LOTTERY" as the subject.

Please do not contact our office or email any other email addresses regarding the lottery. Multiple emails will void your entry. These items are limited to 1 item per membership if you are selected in the lottery drawing. You must be a current active member to participate. The email that you send does not guarantee that you will get an item; this just includes you in the lottery drawing. The price on this item is $150+shipping. The cutoff for sending your email will be Friday, July 26, 2013 at 9am central time. We will not accept any emails after this time. Once the names have been drawn from the emails received, you will be contacted by email and given further instructions on how the order will be processed.

Again, please DO NOT contact our office for any reason regarding this lottery drawing! Thank you and good luck!

Thanks!

Brian

Not necessarily all the leftover stock. However, there's a complication overall now. Harmony Gold (the twits who hold the Robotech rights) are trying to sue Hasbro saying the Skyfire in this is infringing on their property & causing "confusion" and "loss of income" (or some such crap). Because it looks like a Valkyrie. Or at least the stickers do. Good grief.

This is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.........after sitting on my computer all freaking day JUST for this stupid exclusive (which I know was my own choice) they say thing the exclusive WASN'T even going to be available to buy!!???? I also think its hilarious that the story about the lawsuit and the lotto from the club happened to break like 25 minutes after the HTS exclusives went up??? Seriously........WTF???!!!

So when did Harmony Gold slap Hasbro with this suit?? Monday after the Con? This thing has been announced for over a month now.....maybe longer??

Plus, don't get me started about the Joe Club.......I have a fairly decent sized collection.....and am a pretty big Joe fan....I've been on this forum for over 10 years now....and I can afford everything the club puts out but I don't buy the stuff on PRINCIPLE alone. I'm not paying 40 dollars so I can have the RIGHT to buy more overpriced stuff. (I like their stuff sometimes too, seriously I have been tempted, they still might get me....because of the lack of "Good" Joe figures at retail)

I'm in the military.......I live on the east coast....I can't get off to go to SDCC for a weekend......I've always been able to get the exclusives the day after on HTS. I have the other 2 sets......I'm sure other people do too......they won't be able to complete their 3 "Crossover" sets either. Collecting toys is BEYOND frustrating sometimes.......and this is another example. Somebody messed up here.......also how does the club get to sell them for $150?

Only thing I can think of is that Hasbro sold them quickly to the club to make a profit so they weren't stuck with them.........

I ended up getting one off ebay.......but now I hope the guy still ships it.

holy crap.. I think that is a totally ridiculous and BS thing for Hasbro and the Club to pull.

these sets should have been sold by Hasbrotoyshop.com along with the rest of the SDCC items. I do not understand how either of these companies thinks that it is fair in any way to allow the GiJoe Club to hoard the extras instead of offering them to the general public.

You have to be a member of the club to have a shot at the set. That is complete BS.

AND the club is marking up the set to 150!

wow. I have never had a problem with the GiJoe club before this, but now, I think this is one of the biggest a-hole moves I have seen pulled by anyone in the toy world in a LONG time.

horrible move by Hasbro to give them the extra sets, way to screw over your fans!

And I will make sure to never give a dime to the club ever again. jerks, man.. jerks

People asked at Joecon if they could help get SDCC exclusives out there easier... so I see why they're trying to do it.. but I think they went about it the wrong way. A. the mark up is silly. B. you have to be a club member, and C.. I dunno, but I'm sure there is a C somewhere.. I just can't think about it right now, lol.

The good news is they announced it, not like HTS that just randomly puts it on their site in the middle of the day.. but again... can't complain too much as they are SDCC exclusives and If you talk to anyone who's gone to any cons.. "we have it easy"... considering what they go through.

I can't find any justifiable reason for this to happen. there is no excuse.

every year these go up on HTS along with everything else. people are used to it, people prepare for it. people live with that as their opportunity to get it if they are unable to go to the con.

now Hasbro and the Club are taking away that opportunity completely and giving it only to a select few.. AND making it more expensive at the same time.

People asked at Joecon if they could help get SDCC exclusives out there easier... so I see why they're trying to do it.. but I think they went about it the wrong way. A. the mark up is silly. B. you have to be a club member, and C.. I dunno, but I'm sure there is a C somewhere.. I just can't think about it right now, lol.

The good news is they announced it, not like HTS that just randomly puts it on their site in the middle of the day.. but again... can't complain too much as they are SDCC exclusives and If you talk to anyone who's gone to any cons.. "we have it easy"... considering what they go through.

Yeah, because they're aren't already like 50 exclusives the club gets a year already.......the SDCC exclusive was the only one that was fair game across the board for everybody......not anymore. Even if it changes with the HG Lawsuit....I still don't like where its going in the future.

I would like to hear how they are justifying raising the cost up 50 bucks. I know they aren't going to say that it's to cover their labor for processing the orders.. because Hasbrotoyshop.com would have done that without raising the cost.

I would like to hear how they are justifying raising the cost up 50 bucks. I know they aren't going to say that it's to cover their labor for processing the orders.. because Hasbrotoyshop.com would have done that without raising the cost.

I wish I got paid $50 bucks for 10 minutes worth of work...

I wish I got paid $50 bucks for 10 minutes worth of work...

hell w/bidness savy like that they should work for Congress.....

Rob according to what I read the 22nd is the day the suit was filled and its over a picture inside the box?? Or something like that. Its all fishy though. I don't get how the club can sell them but not Hasbro??? Would not Harmony Gold sue the club too? @loll@

Draven

I don't want this set, but I still think this move is complete BS.

I've always thought the club was a rip-off...never been a part of it. This just proves what I already knew.

Draven- yeah, I don't get how the club can sell the remaining stock?? Unless its kinda like selling it on eBay?? I'm assuming that's why the club got them in the 1st place....it was probably a quick dump-off for Hasbro...and I'm assuming HG can't touch the Joe Club?

Thread title is misleading.

There's absolutely no evidence that the Club is getting ALL the "leftover stock." They got a limited number that they may or may not sell (the lawsuit may prevent them selling now).

Reportedly, HasbroToyShop had stock that they were going to make available on their site like all the other SDCC exclusives, but the lawsuit has nixed that for the time being.

And $150 is still well below what you'd have paid on Ebay even BEFORE the announcement of the lawsuit. Hasbro didn't give these to the Club for free...they had to pay for them, and they're a for-profit business. They probably should have shaved it down to $25 markup tops, but ehn...I'm not buying one anyway.

Thread title is misleading.

There's absolutely no evidence that the Club is getting ALL the "leftover stock." They got a limited number that they may or may not sell (the lawsuit may prevent them selling now).

Reportedly, HasbroToyShop had stock that they were going to make available on their site like all the other SDCC exclusives, but the lawsuit has nixed that for the time being.

not really misleading... going by your own post... you say "reportedly"... and who said this? I'll quote you and respond to your "reportedly with... "There's absolutely no evidence " that HTS got any of this stock, unless you got an email from HTS and I didn't. Someone posting on a site, saying "what if"... "Because of this"... "because of that"... doesn't mean squat in this day and age. A mass email to club members from the club is a little more believable than "reportedly"... I'm pretty sure if Hasbro and the club made a deal, i.e. Hasbro selling them the remainder of the stock from SDCC, I highly doubt they'll go behind their back and sell it on their own site for "regular" price.

With that said, I do agree with you about the understanding that these were most likely purchased form Hasbro, by the club, hence the mark up.

Of course the club is going to say a "limited number" the exclusives were limited in the 1st place. We're never going to hear from Hasbro on this issue anyway so it's all a crap shoot....

But the timing is fishy.....the exclusives went up....then like 15-20 minutes after the news of the Lawsuit and the club Lotto were announced almost simultaneously.....I had HTS up, Hisstank.com, and TNI forums....all at the same time on my computer, I'm pretty sure that the club got the remaining stock....

I also happened to call HTS customer services line while all this was going on......I didn't expect the woman I spoke to to know about the exclusives in depth.....but I asked her if she knew if the GI Joe/Transformers exclusive would be up....and she told me that all she was told was that that particular exclusive would not be available.

I asked her about the Joe club getting it and she had no idea what the Joe club was.....and I believed her. She just answers phones......but she told me that all she was briefed to tell people was that it wouldn't be available.

I also happened to call HTS customer services line while all this was going on......I didn't expect the woman I spoke to to know about the exclusives in depth.....but I asked her if she knew if the GI Joe/Transformers exclusive would be up....and she told me that all she was told was that that particular exclusive would not be available.

I asked her about the Joe club getting it and she had no idea what the Joe club was.....and I believed her. She just answers phones......but she told me that all she was briefed to tell people was that it wouldn't be available.

And the source of my "reportedly" is someone that did that very same thing on the day the exclusives went up. A HTS employee told them that they had received the Transformer/G.I. Joe exclusive, but that the couldn't put them up because of a lawsuit and weren't sure if it was going to be available. This also was after the Club e-mail went out. Sounds like the CS employee you spoke to was a little better briefed (or maybe it was later in the day).

Either way, don't be at all surprised if the Joe Club raffle doesn't happen now either.

Ive heard from someone that does know that Hasbro does have a small amount left but they can't sell them. I am just trying to figure out how the club can and my sourse does not know either

Draven