Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Lady Jaye

Getting back to AOU, S.H. Figure Arts has released a teaser image for a line of 6" Avengers figures.

Honestly, that means nothing to me. I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if the news came from Hasbro.

From Hasbro Marvel Legends Age Of Ultron

Wave 1

Wave1.jpg

Wave 1 variants

Wave1variants.jpg

Wave 2

Hulkmovie.jpg

CaptainAmericamovie.jpg

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ellen Ripleys (Gun-toting super-b---hes)

and

The Emma Peels (uber-capable, kung-fu master femme fatales)

I liked Ripley better as a blue collared worker thrust into an extraordinary situation. But, you're right, if Hollywood cant get one side or the other without the extremes, there's no hope for gender neutral.

Well Carol Danvers is a colonel in the Air Force before she became a superhero so the ordinary woman thrown in a extraordinary situation aspect is out but I'm curious to see what approach they take there's a good chance they'll delve in to cliché territory, I'm just hoping the end result is a good satisfying story.

Wave1.jpg

Im down for Machine Man...looks great, and might be the only 2001 Space Odyssey action figure ever. Crazy stuff...Jack truly was the King!

Might replace Legendarily Fugly Rider Witch for the new one. Maybe Hawkeye, since I dont have on in 6in scale yet. I love Thanos, but im happy with the Marvel Select version.

Machine Man came out of the left side of the field I let out a big WTF when I saw it was announced, definite yes on the Scarlet Witch replacing the atrocity released under Toybiz and I also don't own a Hawkeye so that coupled with the fact that is based on my favorite look for him makes him a must, I need Sentry for my Dark Avengers and complete my Superman pastiche trifecta, Odin BAF is icing on the cake.

Getting back to AOU, S.H. Figure Arts has released a teaser image for a line of 6" Avengers figures.

Honestly, that means nothing to me. I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if the news came from Hasbro.

From Hasbro Marvel Legends Age Of Ultron

Wave 1

Wave1.jpg

Wave 1 variants

Wave1variants.jpg

Wave 2

Hulkmovie.jpg

CaptainAmericamovie.jpg

These are great, but I was kind of hoping Hasbro's big reveal would've been a dedicated movie line for AOU, especially since the first Avengers movie series was a store exclusive.

Well these are not the only figures from the movie coming they also announced an Iron Man, I'm guessing an Ultron is coming. Besides I doubt we'll get an Ant Man movie line which is the other movie coming out next year(although Guardians got one so who knows) so there's a good chance we''ll only see the Avengers figure throughout the year and well the Spider Man wave that was announced. Either way I'm more than fine with comic figures, I prefer them actually even though we have gotten some very good movie figures the past year I see them as a necessary evil something we must get in order for stores to order the figures and be available at retail.

even though we have gotten some very good movie figures the past year I see them as a necessary evil

Necessary "evil"? Heck, I like movie figures just as well as comic figures. They're generally well proportioned with decent actor likenesses. I'm talking both Hasbro and Mattel.

I'll take the Scarlet Witch from the upcoming lot. I don't hate the Toy Biz one as much as the rest of humanity but this one is definitely better and I think she'll go well next to my Magneto and green Quicksilver. I'd love to have Odin too.

I can't imagine we're only getting Cap and Hulk from AOU. I'm sure we'll get most, if not all of the roster. I'm going to try my best to resist, however. I've already got classic comic Avengers and movie Avengers and I have to make a cut off somewhere. I will, however be hunting down that Maria Hill/Nick Fury/Agent Coulson three pack with all of my might.

Yes to me they are a necessary evil because they are what's apparently needed to get retailers to order Marvel Legends, and I will always prefer comic book Marvel Legends over Movie versions no matter how good they are.

I agree. I could do without movie figures...the ones I do have usually start as placeholders for better comic versions.

At least movie Iron Men make the old armory more diverse.

Yes to me they are a necessary evil because they are what's apparently needed to get retailers to order Marvel Legends, and I will always prefer comic book Marvel Legends over Movie versions no matter how good they are.

I agree. I could do without movie figures...the ones I do have usually start as placeholders for better comic versions.

At least movie Iron Men make the old armory more diverse.

I don't really make that differentiation. A good figure is a good figure.

Since this has become mostly about Marvel movies in general I suppose I'll post this here:

Christopher Nolan has no time for your silly after the credits scenes. "Real movies wouldn't do that"

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/christopher-nolan-takes-a-swipe-at-marvels-superhero-101763286717.html

I'm really sorry to hear that. I know Joss and the boys down at Marvel just live for Nolan's approval. I bet they're crying in their billions right now.

Seriously though, Nolan's ego hang-ups aside, this is just a cheap and easy trick for getting attention for himself and his new movie.

Maybe it's just me, but these are all exceptionally great looking figures. Even the ones I'm not particularly interested in.

It's not just you these are some of the prettiest figures I have seen this year and from what I have read from different groups a lot of people share that sentiment. I'm gonna have to order me a case. I just finished reading the first 18 issues of Jason Aaron's Thor God of Thunder run and now I want to build both BAFs to have both Odin and King Thor.

It seems Hasbro has their go-to male and female bucks in place much like Mattel used to with DCUC. They are pretty good bucks though.

I'm thinking about getting a case too. I'd only keep about half of them but maybe the rest will be easy to sell off. Wouldn't be great if they were all *gasp* evenly distributed!?!?!

• 1 month later...

Hot Toys has revealed the Mark 43 armor from AOU.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/392209-iron-mans-mark-xliii-armor-from-avengers-age-of-ultron-revealed-via-hot-toys#/slide/1

If these pics are any indication, looks like the Hasbro Iron Man figure we heard about in the upcoming Avengers wave will just be a repaint of Mark 42 from Iron Man Legends with an inverted paint scheme. Considering all the reused tooling we've seen so far, I'm starting to see why they apparently aren't doing a full Avengers line.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/392209-iron-mans-mark-xliii-armor-from-avengers-age-of-ultron-revealed-via-hot-toys#/slide/1

If these pics are any indication, looks like the Hasbro Iron Man figure we heard about in the upcoming Avengers wave will just be a repaint of Mark 42 from Iron Man Legends with an inverted paint scheme. Considering all the reused tooling we've seen so far, I'm starting to see why they apparently aren't doing a full Avengers line.

This might be wishful thinking but I can absolutely, positively, definitely not fit in any more Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, or Hulk figures into my superhero collection. So they can rehash whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. You look at the endless list of Marvel movies that are coming out, and you know they're going to get new costumes for each new movie. The first movie costumes have to be where I cut myself off.

I'll take a Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and an Ultron.

This might be wishful thinking but I can absolutely, positively, definitely not fit in any more Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, or Hulk figures into my superhero collection. So they can rehash whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. You look at the endless list of Marvel movies that are coming out, and you know they're going to get new costumes for each new movie. The first movie costumes have to be where I cut myself off.

I'll take a Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and an Ultron.

Unfortunately, I missed the first movie figures back in the day, so I'm hoping we get a full roster. As for rehashing, I'm okay with it provided the new version brings something decent to the table. Then again, if I want that Thanos, I really have no choice do I?

Ah yes, Thanos. That's been the rub of the build a figure concept since day one. Having to get figures you don't want/need in order to build it.

Of course, there is always that really good Marvel Select Thanos....he's on my Amazon wish list for Christmas. If I get him I'm not going to worry about the upcoming BAF. Even though he is really cool.

The Coulson/Hill/Fury three pack is at the top of my upcoming Marvel want list, I want all three of them! I hope it's as readily available as this Cap/Ms. Marvel/Radioactive Man set.

• 4 weeks later...