Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Lady Jaye

The first details of Avengers 3 have been released! Hulk will still be in hiding, Thor will sit this one out on Asguard, and they're going to change the title to Captain America: Civil War:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/paul-rudds-ant-man-officially-part-of-captain-118374283222.html

"Iron Man, Black Widow, Hawkeye, The Vision, Scarlet Witch, War Machine, Falcon, Captain America, Winter Soldier, Ant Man, Agent 13, Black Panther will return in Avengers 3 Captain America: Civil War!"

Thunderbolt Ross' return will be cool. And they're not listed but I still say there's no chance Daredevil and Spidey don't show up.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else's theater erupt in nerdgasm when Vision handed Thor his hammer? The geeks in my theater went nuts! It was like they all tried the old hole in the bottom of the popcorn bucket and all their dates fell for it simultaneously. I enjoyed the reaction it got from the geeks more than I enjoyed the actual scene. That's another reason why I love these movies. Just good fun!

supreme-d, I'm afraid I can't go Avengers 2 over the first Avengers. I like the latest one but there were so many characters and plot points, it was pushing it just a little. The first movie just had the "wow" factor with seeing all these guys together for the first time.

I think just about everyone in the theatre thought it was pretty funny. I enjoyed it even more because the little girl sitting behind me laughed at everything. This girl was maybe 4 or 5 years old, and with her father. Everytime anyone in the theatre made a chuckle, this girl laughed too, even though she clearly didn't understand the reference. It was hilarious.

Also, she asked her dad for a Scarlett Witch toy when the movie was over. Boy will she be disappointed.

I understand how the size of the team and scope of the plot could seem a little unfocused. I particularly liked it, since the Avengers comics were always something distant to me (first Avengers named comic I recall reading was the Disassembled story), and featured a large cast I knew little about. While I get the history now, being introduced to concepts that are amalgamations of other Avengers stories and characters (Ultimate, West Coast, New Avengers) all at once is new and fun, so I like this film a little more than the first one. Probably because the first film didn't really suprise me in any way- it was basically what I wrote in my head before they announced the film was happening.

I hope Batroc comes back for Civil War, hopefully with a Brigade!

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to see it tonight. I liked it, was very enjoyable and no real slow boring bits for me. Was entertained for the most part and that's good. The bad for me was Black Widow, I don't like the character direction with her. Romance with Banner ugh no no no. Steve, sure, bucky, sure, falcon, sure.... anyone but Banner. Not feeling that. Still don't like the guy playing Banner either. Vision not sure I liked him to be honest. The stuff I did like was the Twins, and I doubt Quicksilver is really dead. Just don't see Marvel going to so much trouble to change his origin to really kill him. Witch and Hawkeye stole the show for me in this movie. Similar to how Widow did in the first Avengers. Was not expected. Ultron was pretty lame but despite him feeling to human and goofy, the plot was fine. Over all I liked it but not more than part 1, Cap WS or GOTG. Those 3 all blew me away.

Draven

Over all I liked it but not more than part 1, Cap WS or GOTG. Those 3 all blew me away.

Draven

Throw in the first Iron Man and I completely agree. I think those are Marvel's top 4 films so far.

Like you, I thought Avengers 2 was good but can't put it above the first one. That one just had the "wow" factor of seeing all these heroes together on screen for the first time...I really don't know if that can be topped.

I don't think you're going to see Quicksilver in the MCU again. I read something were Fegie said he isn't coming back. That's fine. There's still Fox (which I know is still a four letter word to some...).

I still don't believe him when he says that lol But who knows, maybe for once they are not trying to trick people. Eh and the Fox QS..... not really digging him @loll@

Draven

Once again, I'm the last guy to the party. Worth the wait though. They really managed to wash away the nasty taste Guardians of the Galaxy left in my mouth (it tasted like stale jokes and bitter disappointment).

Definitely one of Marvels top movies.

Saw it a few weeks ago. I enjoyed it all together and thought it was fun. I can see why many people say they prefer the 1st Avengers movie over the 2nd. I think part of the reason was that there was a bit more Organic Humour in the 1st movie over the 2nd. The 2nd have Humour, but not as much or much that I can remember.

But this was still fun, especially seeing more characters fighting together against Ultron's army near the end. I didn't have any issues.

How they handle Ultron's origins in this movie was fine with me, especially since Ant-man hasn't been featured yet in the Movie Universe(I guess you can slightly blamed former Ant-man director Eger Wright for delaying the project for other projects, as it eventually lead to him bailing the project due to some issues with Marvel). Vision's creation in this was fine with me as well. Had no issues with Black Widow's romance with Banner. Different, but no issues what's so ever. I think it help that I didn't really know about the romance between the 2 until just shortly before the movie came out. Plus, if you watch the 1st movie again, you can see a bit of flirtation between the 2. Something I even noticed when I 1st saw it. Nothing strong, but noticeable if you paid attention. Hawkeye having a family really surprised me as well, with his wife not being Mockingbird However, I do know that Ultimate Hawkeye did have a family as well, and since the Movieverse uses a combination of 616 and Ultimate Universes, I was okay with it.

Again, it's a different universe than the Comic Books, but they worked it out fine with me at least.