Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Lady Jaye

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see Adam Warlock as some point.

Me too, really liked that character, I think there's a good chance of that happening since his cocoon has already appeared in both Thor 2 and Guardians.

I don't really care who appears in the movies, as long as there's a good reason for them being there. The last thing I want to see is another Venom situation.

I want to see Adam Warlock as some point.

Me too, really liked that character, I think there's a good chance of that happening since his cocoon has already appeared in both Thor 2 and Guardians.

I don't really care who appears in the movies, as long as there's a good reason for them being there. The last thing I want to see is another Venom situation.

Can't have Thanos without Adam Warlock in my opinion.

You know it's a long time between now and some of those movies and I wonder if Marvel will have any of the rights back to some of those stray franchises before then. They're gonna try to go out in space without the FF and Silver Surfer?

Time to cancel Spider-Man and X-Men, Marvel, pick up the pace on that sabotaging. Get them back in time for the space orgy that will be Infinity War part 1 and 2!!!! #US1#

Man, Captain Marvel's gonna have a lot riding on it! First, they'll have to overcome the stigma of female action-hero movies, THEN there's Hasbro's hang-up with female character action figures.

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how this one plays out.

Random Phase 3 thoughts:

Thor: Ragnarock just sounds cool

I predict we WILL see RDJ as Iron Man after Avengers 2. Yes, I know what he's saying NOW but there's five years to go before Infinity War part 2. IM will ride in to save the day then, if not sooner. This prediction will not change if he should "die" in Avengers 2.

DC's list of "planned" movies looks quaint compared to this. Also there's the fact that when Marvel says movies are coming, I believe them and when DC says movies are coming I think maybe, maybe not.

No Hulk 3? What's the problem?

Seeing GOTG team with the rest of the Marvel U will be fun.

Heck, this is all probably going to be fun.

Random Phase 3 thoughts:

No Hulk 3? What's the problem?

I'm very much ok with not having a Hulk film there's other properties that can be developed and I'm good with Hulk being used in the Avengers only, sure there's a couple of supporting characters from the Hulk that I like but they can be incorporated in other properties both Absorbing Man and Glenn Talbot got great appearances in Agents of SHIELD; besides you make a Hulk movie people are gonna complain that it's not based on Planet Hulk or WWH or give them a Hulk movie someone is gonna complain that Black Widow or Hawkeye didn't get a movie or Punisher or Ghost Rider, no matter what they do someone is gonna get the short end of the stick.

Man, Captain Marvel's gonna have a lot riding on it! First, they'll have to overcome the stigma of female action-hero movies, THEN there's Hasbro's hang-up with female character action figures.

Been following "Ghostbusters" lately? 4 "GUARANTEED HILARIOUS" FEMALE ACTION FIGURES!

Im assuming that DC was going to call their Captain Marvel movie "Shazam" from the get-go, or this just seals it.

Been following "Ghostbusters" lately? 4 "GUARANTEED HILARIOUS" FEMALE ACTION FIGURES!

Im assuming that DC was going to call their Captain Marvel movie "Shazam" from the get-go, or this just seals it.

Aww come on feat don't you want figures of of Melissa Mccarthy, Amy Poehler or whatever other unfunny overrated "actress" they cast for that aberration.

Edit: I did some searching and according to WB's line up of upcoming movies the Wonder Woman project is gonna precede Captain Marvel by a whole year so no worries for Marvel DC is gonna open the door for female hero movies.

Aww come on feat don't you want figures of of Melissa Mccarthy, Amy Poehler or whatever other unfunny overrated "actress" they cast for that aberration.

1601051_10153251567483032_1238935474526992498_n.jpg?oh=518bd43588be3af74ee3e37e1be95c1f&oe=54BF950F&__gda__=1425196086_5d5d5ff3d9eaaf354523990c73530064

ScarJo may be a horrible actress, but she made a pretty decent action figure.

lol that's true but I wonder who will handle the Ghostbusters movie license?

So am I.

If you're referring to the stigma of crap such as Electra and Haley Berry Catwoman movies (which I have not seen and yet still feel perfectly comfortable judging them to be crap), I'm not worried. You can say I'm beating my Marvel Movies drum here but past experience tells me they will come up with something decent for Cap Marvel and any other movie on this new list.

I can see them sneaking her action figure into a Marvel Legends line. But by the time the movie hits they'll all be $30 at retail and we'll all have been priced out of the hobby anyway.

As for women Ghostbusters...I just commented on that in the GB thread for it. I do not yet have my pitch fork out for this movie. Sorry, guys..... :unsure:

If you're referring to the stigma of crap such as Electra and Haley Berry Catwoman movies (which I have not seen and yet still feel perfectly comfortable judging them to be crap), I'm not worried.

I'm not worried at all about them making a bad movie, its just that female led action movies have always been a notoriously tough sell in Hollywood. Of course stinkers like Catwoman haven't helped.

If you're referring to the stigma of crap such as Electra and Haley Berry Catwoman movies (which I have not seen and yet still feel perfectly comfortable judging them to be crap), I'm not worried.

I'm not worried at all about them making a bad movie, its just that female led action movies have always been a notoriously tough sell in Hollywood. Of course stinkers like Catwoman haven't helped.

Cutthroat Island anyone? The Long Kiss Goodni...um...Geena Davis?

Cutthroat Island anyone? The Long Kiss Goodni...um...Geena Davis?

And there you have the problem. Hollywood has a very narrow comfort zone when it comes to female action heroes.

Basically you have two archetypes:

The Ellen Ripleys (Gun-toting super-b---hes)

and

The Emma Peels (uber-capable, kung-fu master femme fatales)

If your female lead doesn't fit into one of these types, suddenly writers don't know how to write them, casting directors don't know how to cast them, and publicists don't know how to market them. Why do you think it took over three and a half decades to finally get a new Wonder Woman?

The Ellen Ripleys (Gun-toting super-b---hes)

and

The Emma Peels (uber-capable, kung-fu master femme fatales)

I liked Ripley better as a blue collared worker thrust into an extraordinary situation. But, you're right, if Hollywood cant get one side or the other without the extremes, there's no hope for gender neutral.

Getting back to AOU, S.H. Figure Arts has released a teaser image for a line of 6" Avengers figures.

Honestly, that means nothing to me. I'd be a lot more enthusiastic if the news came from Hasbro.

Any news from them or other companies like play arts kai or hot toys or what have you mean nothing to me. They're completely unaffordable so why bother drooling over them. Give me a "good enough" Hasbro figure with some semblance of quality control at the low low price of $20 ( :rolleyes: ) and I'll be happy.

I really dig those Figure Arts figures.....butt yes the price does keep me away.....YJB remember when Marvel Legends were $7?.....I'm at odds w/the $20 price tag but I wish we could get more extras w/our figs.....other than the BAF part...