Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Lady Jaye

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After tonight,it's going to be interesting to see how everyone will react to Coulson being in charge.

Considering we'll see the new season of AoS way before we see AoU, I'm pretty sure some stuff is gonna happen. Coulson may not even be in charge by then.

• 2 months later...

Here's some more pictures:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/7-photos-first-glimpse-avengers-161400855.html

I'm gonna take the lazy way out and ask if there is any footage that someone can post from Comic Con? I know I could find it myself but there's just so much coverage from the Con and most of it is just fluff, I never really feel like sifting through it all...

Anyway. Doesn't look like there are any major changes in costumes, which is completely fine by me. That means the temptation to buy the latest movie version of the action figure will be lessened. If they do an Ultron, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, or Thanos, I'll bite. I'd also really appreciate another shot at Nick Fury. But with the core group, I may stick with what I got.

I'd also really appreciate another shot at Nick Fury. But with the core group, I may stick with what I got.

Well, you're getting your shot at Fury. Unfortunately, it's the same old body.

What do you mean? Are they rereleasing him? When? Where? Details!

I'd also really appreciate another shot at Nick Fury. But with the core group, I may stick with what I got.

Well, you're getting your shot at Fury. Unfortunately, it's the same old body.

What do you mean? Are they rereleasing him? When? Where? Details!

What, you missed the Comicon reveal? A redecoed version of Fury, plus Maria Hill, and Phil Coulson are set for release. Depending on which site tells it, they're either a 3-Pack or part of an Avengers wave.

post-6101-0-24650500-1406744739_thumb.jpg

post-6101-0-77626700-1406744756_thumb.jpg

post-6101-0-79603400-1406744772_thumb.jpg

What, you missed the Comicon reveal? A redecoed version of Fury, plus Maria Hill, and Phil Coulson are set for release. Depending on which site tells it, they're either a 3-Pack or part of an Avengers wave.

Glad we're getting these three!

I missed out on Fury the first time around and now his price is sky-high on ebay.

Comic version of Maria Hill is one of the many figures that I stupidly sold off and now want back. And, of course, her price is sky-high as well. Too bad they went with the worst feature of the movie Black Widow (the guns on her thighs). At least it looks like they gave her a different upper torso, which is good. Colbie Smulders' boobs < Scarlet Johansen's boobs.

I was never one of those customizers who loved Coulson enough to grab one of the many Mattel suit bodies and make my own, but I'll pick this one up if I see him.

*broken record blues*....I spotted Former-director Fury at a local comic shop last year....he was still MOC for $10.....I had the $, I had the time....I just didn't have any damn sense (as my mom would say)......I left him there never to be seen again...my gf reminds me to this day, that I should've bought him....but I knew they would make him again & we would get a 2nd chance at that one eyed man....I'm down for a 3 pack for Son of Coul & Miss Hill....

*broken record blues*....I spotted Former-director Fury at a local comic shop last year....he was still MOC for $10.....I had the $, I had the time....I just didn't have any damn sense (as my mom would say)......I left him there never to be seen again...my gf reminds me to this day, that I should've bought him....but I knew they would make him again & we would get a 2nd chance at that one eyed man....I'm down for a 3 pack for Son of Coul & Miss Hill....

Hard lesson learned, my friend.

Back in the day, I found Fury, Movie Cap, and Movie Thor amidst the piles of flotsam in my local Walmart's clearance isle . . . 4 bucks a piece. You better believe I grabbed 'em. Had similar luck later on with the Amazing Spider-Man exclusives.

• 2 months later...

Y'know, the second act HAS to be the darkest.

I hope there's a little more to the climax than "Avengers fight an army of Ultrons."

Everyone is talking about the whole darker tone thing, I just hope it feels like a natural progression of the story and not forced just so they could please people asking for a darker movie, I also hope the drone army is something they quickly get out of the way for some quick action sequences and they focus on Ultron make him the relentless threat that he is and not someone Hulk smashes in 5 seconds.

I hope there's a little more to the climax than "Avengers fight an army of Ultrons."

Everyone is talking about the whole darker tone thing, I just hope it feels like a natural progression of the story and not forced just so they could please people asking for a darker movie, I also hope the drone army is something they quickly get out of the way for some quick action sequences and they focus on Ultron make him the relentless threat that he is and not someone Hulk smashes in 5 seconds.

I agree...maybe have the threat flow into the 3rd. movie?

I wouldn't read to much into talk of being "DARKER." That's just the way publicists roll now days. Everything from the latest superhero movie to My Little Pony gets saddled (sorry) with the darker heading.

Exactly, if there is one villain they could have as multiple movie threat is Ultron since him being an A.I. he can I don't know download himself into another body or something. Unfortunately they are already hinting at a Civil War storyline beginning in Cap 3 and culminating in Avengers 3 which apparently is also being directed by the Russo brothers; which is a storyline that would never work in the movies but obviously being done to please fanboys who don't know any better. Either that or they are going with an Infinite Gaunlet storyline which imo would be the better option except that I would have to wear a helmet to that movie to avoid getting hit with fanboy boners.