Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Lady Jaye

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Ultron goes, it makes complete sense to have him made by Tony Stark. The obvious move ever since Jarvis was made into an AI for the first movie. And then Iron Man 3 with all those armors? Pretty much a direct lead in. So if you bring Hank Pym in, all you're doing is making Tony Stark Jr and having him do everything Tony Stark has already done. So it's smarter for them to go with what they have.

But yeah, it's funny how people are already complaining. Saying it's gonna suck just because they're changing some details, which should obviously be expected in every comic movie by now. It's a new universe, so they modernize things. But no one can really judge until it's out and they see it.

Plus, now that's a THIRD "smart guy" you have running around in a lab doing "smart guy" stuff behind Stark and Banner. It's fine for the comics but with a movie where you have a more finite amount of time and characters to play with, it just makes it tough.

I like the idea of having Pym, I think it would be cool to see a really tall human walking around between buildings. We never really saw that before in a movie. Maybe in the Ant Man movie. I'm not trying to defend anything, maybe it will work out, maybe it won't. But just because something is different from what you knew doesn't mean it sucks.

Atually,it's more. Yeah I know stuff like X-Men,Spider-Man and Fantasic Four movies are with other studios but you see my point about smart guys in labcoats.

Don't know how this is gonna be done most probably motion capture or something or maybe just the voice.

http://marvel.com/ne...gendary_villain

I hear instead of CGI they're going old school on this.....puppets were first batted around then they just decided the H w/it lets go SuperMarionation on their as$es.....I think Rip(Spader) is coming back for that 50K Julian(Downey) stills owes him after all these years w/interest.......I'm not against Spader playing a villain, he plays a smug bastard sooo well....

Don't know how this is gonna be done most probably motion capture or something or maybe just the voice.http://marvel.com/ne...gendary_villain
Does this mean Michael Shanks will play Ultron on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D? @loll@
lol good one but technically isn't he Hawkman?

That shouldn't matter. We had Hal Jordan play both Hannibal King and Deadpool. Not to mention Johnny Storm trading in his fire powers for Super Soldier serum. :rolleyes:

Don't know if anyone thought of this, but Spader could make for a passable Hank Pym. Any chance that could be an added plot wrinkle? Kind of a way for Ultron to still "come from the mind" of Hank Pym, having an AI take over his mind and body?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

meh.. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver looks kinda dumb. I especially hate the long hair on Quicksilver.

but Ultron... ULTRON looks dumb as hell. I am hoping that is just some kind of stand-in for the actors to play off of and they will make him CGI and look just like the comics

So, these characters can appear in different films by different companies, but there cant be any "mutants" in the Disneyverse? What are these two? Ive heard the word "miracles" whispered about the end of Steve Rogers 2...

so because fox has whatever filming rights for the mutants, diney cant use them? am i understanding that right?

Didn't they use the word "mutant" in the ONE episode of SHIELD that I watched?

I don't know. I don't bother trying to understand the legal BS with these movies and companies. I'm just guessing they won't be talking about their daddy too much...

I don't like the idea of adding two more heroes to the mix anyway...I want to just see the main line-up, the heavy-hitters, as it were. I'm may be proven wrong, but so far these two seem lame to me, and you know I'm usually a pretty open-minded kinda guy. At the very least I say just add the Vision and leave it at that. These two look like they're filming a teen mutant "drama" for Fox. Meh...

I don't like the idea of adding two more heroes to the mix anyway...I want to just see the main line-up, the heavy-hitters, as it were.

I'm fine with a larger cast. Yeah, I know that means that screen time for some will inevitably be bumped but the Avengers have a rich history of large and fluxtuating team rosters. This is what you sign up for when you do an Avengers movie. One could say the growing cast is "comic accurate". The team has added and dropped members since the early, early days.

Who knows how big a roll these two will play anyway.

Didn't they use the word "mutant" in the ONE episode of SHIELD that I watched?

I don't know. I don't bother trying to understand the legal BS with these movies and companies. I'm just guessing they won't be talking about their daddy too much...

There's sort of a loophole that allows Marvel Studios to use the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver as Avengers as long as they don't mention that they are mutants and who their father is. Kevin Feige mentioned in an interview that due to the fact that since they didn't get solo movies both Hulk and Hawkeye would get more screen time. I like how both Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver look and by the look of the pics they may be getting "extracted" by Hawkeye maybe SHIELD sent him to get them and then they'll get uniforms later on; besides Quicksilver looks much better than Fox's version in Days of Future Crap.

Kevin Feige mentioned in an interview that due to the fact that since they didn't get solo movies both Hulk and Hawkeye would get more screen time.

More Hulk, less Hawkeye, please.

besides Quicksilver looks much better than Fox's version in Days of Future Crap.

eh...under armour or punk kid look, id say they're both getting off cheap. But, in general, im still more excited about Days of the Future Past than Avengers 2

Kevin Feige mentioned in an interview that due to the fact that since they didn't get solo movies both Hulk and Hawkeye would get more screen time.

More Hulk, less Hawkeye, please.

besides Quicksilver looks much better than Fox's version in Days of Future Crap.

eh...under armour or punk kid look, id say they're both getting off cheap. But, in general, im still more excited about Days of the Future Past than Avengers 2

Good for you, I haven't seen anything of DOFP that makes me want spend money on that mess. I'm good with more Hawkeye since he got the shaft in the first one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After tonight,it's going to be interesting to see how everyone will react to Coulson being in charge.

So Coulson is in charge of SHIELD now? With the comics' policy of shoe horning movie elements into the books (black Nick Fury) how long before the same thing happens there? I say two months.