Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Nguyen_Dragon

Yes! The return of the muscle suit!

From what we can see if it and the Batmobile, it looks good. But that part of it was never my real worry.

Yeah I know what you mean I have seen people going crazy for the suit reveal or criticizing it and I'm thinking that should be the least of your worries.

Yes! The return of the muscle suit!

From what we can see if it and the Batmobile, it looks good. But that part of it was never my real worry.

Yeah I know what you mean I have seen people going crazy for the suit reveal or criticizing it and I'm thinking that should be the least of your worries.

Yeah, any costume design they go with WILL be criticized no matter what it looks like. That's just a given.

I personally like seeing the designs returning to more of a comic-book-inspired look with a flair for the dramatic; I prefer atmosphere and melodramatic visuals over ultra-realism, which is what I think made comics so great to begin with. I like seeing that replicated on-screen, as long as it doesn't veer off into camp.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Nolan films, but they seemed to take the concept a little too seriously. It's almost as if they were trying to overcompensate for the disaster that was Batman & Robin, and perhaps they went a little too far in the opposite direction at times. Now I don't want to see Ben Afleck quipping with groan-inducing one-liners and maniacal, over-the-top villains trying to "out-insane" each other, as it were, but I don't want to see a complete "Law & Batman" drama either...

By the way, I liked the Tumbler, but I LOVE that new Batmobile!! It looks like a cross between the Tumbler and the Batman Forever Batmobile, which happens to be one of my favorite versions of all time.

I personally like seeing the designs returning to more of a comic-book-inspired look with a flair for the dramatic; I prefer atmosphere and melodramatic visuals over ultra-realism, which is what I think made comics so great to begin with. I like seeing that replicated on-screen, as long as it doesn't veer off into camp.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Nolan films, but they seemed to take the concept a little too seriously. It's almost as if they were trying to overcompensate for the disaster that was Batman & Robin, and perhaps they went a little too far in the opposite direction at times. Now I don't want to see Ben Afleck quipping with groan-inducing one-liners and maniacal, over-the-top villains trying to "out-insane" each other, as it were, but I don't want to see a complete "Law & Batman" drama either...

By the way, I liked the Tumbler, but I LOVE that new Batmobile!! It looks like a cross between the Tumbler and the Batman Forever Batmobile, which happens to be one of my favorite versions of all time.

You do realize the Snyder is so butthurt because people are so attached to the majesty of the Superman that Christopher Reeve and Richard Donner brought to the world, because he wasn't real right? the only reason why he's doing Superman and Justice LEague is because he an WB want to ground these films so that they seem real, yet the sheer fantastic powers and logics of Superheroes cannot exist. He's fool of himself. This man has said he directed Watchmen and 300 so that gives him the right and knowlege to direct Superman and Justic League because he gets them. First off Watchmen and Superman are completely different from one another and second you ruined Watchmen! Snyder that took two terrific comic books and completely misused them, overdirecting his cast so unintentional laughs come from scenes that frankly are supposed to inspire fear and dread. "THIS! IS SPARTA!!!" "DONT! YOU! HURT! MY MOTHER!" and "I'm not locked in here with you. You're all locked in here with ME!" all supposed to be lines that intimidate instead created roars of laughter. Then there's his on approach to camp that ultimately ends up there because he's so insistant with recreating comic panels that he fails to realize without underlying tones ad themes these panel recreations have no substance. Watchmen for example had the love scene with in the comic was full of passion and the film in trying to recreate that simply made the most awkward and campy love scene that makes soft core scenes look like masterpieces. I'm sorry but the man is a hack and his stain on the DCU will be taught in filmschools all across the country as mistakes in directing 101.

I'm inclined to agree, this is why I regard Begins as the best of Nolan's trilogy as it

was the more balanced of the 3 when it came to comic elements and heighten realism. By

the time Nolan got to the 3rd installment I believe things had become far to grounded

which I too believe was to overcompensate for the camp the Schulmacher era

brought about. Suffice to say I was ready for Nolan to end his take on the character as I

don't believe the series could really advance any further.

I'm hoping for the best from this new adaptation of the character and hoping we get a more

definitive take and examination of the character in possible future installments. Visually

Snyder has nailed the character as if he jumped right out the pages of a comic, hopefully

the rest will follow.

Suffice to say I was ready for Nolan to end his take on the character as I

don't believe the series could really advance any further.

No, it couldn't. It ran its course, had a definite beginning, middle, and end like all stories should. I liked it. But moving Batman forward in the movies, I'd like to see a good mix of the realistic and the fantastic. The Animated Series always did a good job of pulling this off. I'd love to see that tone brought to the movies with Batman.

Showed Afleck Bats to the fiance yesterday and as someone who likes Bataman but does not have any deep-rooted geek agenda she responded, "Looks OK so far..."

No, it couldn't. It ran its course, had a definite beginning, middle, and end like all stories should. I liked it. But moving Batman forward in the movies, I'd like to see a good mix of the realistic and the fantastic. The Animated Series always did a good job of pulling this off. I'd love to see that tone brought to the movies with Batman.

Showed Afleck Bats to the fiance yesterday and as someone who likes Bataman but does not have any deep-rooted geek agenda she responded, "Looks OK so far..."

My sentiments exactly. If Snyder approaches this interpretation of Batman in a similar tone as

TAS then he should have no issues. I believe there can be a even blend of both realism and

fantasy. I want to know that Batman's complete rogue gallery and allies aren't off limits.

I'd say it's time to give blue and grey a shot....but it ain't gonna happen. Especially with this director.

I wouldn't exactly say that just yet. Snyder has a knack for visuals and thus

far he has already went against the grain aesthetically when it comes to Batman

by giving him a far more comic inspired look as oppose to all black rubber. So

I wouldn't rule out a blue/grey combo yet. Personally I think we should give grey

and black a shot before we start talking about other combinations. If it looks

remotely similar to that pic then I would have no objections to it eventually surfacing.

If Snyder approaches this interpretation of Batman in a similar tone as

TAS then he should have no issues.

No issues with Batman, true. He still missed the mark on Superman, IMO. And with Snyder being so "grounded in reality" I'd say anything but a black Batman suit is ruled out.

But hey, I may be surprised. I never said I had no hope for this new incarnation, even when everyone was booing the Affleck casting. It's hard to mess up Batman. As time went by, I even ended up giving Schumacker a pass.

I'd say it's time to give blue and grey a shot....but it ain't gonna happen. Especially with this director.

I wouldn't exactly say that just yet. Snyder has a knack for visuals and thus

far he has already went against the grain aesthetically when it comes to Batman

by giving him a far more comic inspired look as oppose to all black rubber. So

I wouldn't rule out a blue/grey combo yet. Personally I think we should give grey

and black a shot before we start talking about other combinations. If it looks

remotely similar to that pic then I would have no objections to it eventually surfacing.

Hard to say which we'll get, considering this is the imagery they are going for:

dark-knight-returns-comic-01.jpg

Light blue/dark blue/gray... but it varies in tone with shadow.

tdkr.jpg

Dark-Knight-Returns-Batman-1.jpg

dkr2a.jpg

Well I guess Kevin Smith swears it's blue and grey.

http://io9.com/kevin-smith-swears-that-ben-afflecks-batman-suit-is-blu-1579223920

(Since his best bud is playing his favorite super hero, I guess we get to look forward to his two cents all the way to opening night. And beyond.)

I know it's been said before, but it's worth saying again...#$## Kevin Smith.

Well I guess Kevin Smith swears it's blue and grey.

http://io9.com/kevin...-blu-1579223920

(Since his best bud is playing his favorite super hero, I guess we get to look forward to his two cents all the way to opening night. And beyond.)

That's the worst aspect of Ben Affleck as Batman this guy is just gonna get shoehorned in the film in some capacity I expect a lot more articles with either "Kevin Smith talks x aspect of the movie", Kevin Smith gives his seal of approval of x part of the movie", etc. and then he's most probably gonna have a minor role in the movie a la Daredevil. It's gonna be a long 2 years.

It's a good enough title...

It's a good subtitle but Batman V Superman is weak in my opinion they should have gone with World's Finest: Dawn of Justice if they were not gonna use Man of Steel 2. This was supposed to be a sequel to MOS instead they put Batman on the title first, throw in a quote from DKR and all the buzz of the movie is centered around who plays Batman, what he'll wear and what he'll drive this confirms my belief that Zack Snyder has no respect for the Superman character and this movie is just gonna be Batman v. Superman: Superman becomes Batman's Bit$&. This is gonna be the Iron Man 2 of the DC cinematic universe; hey Zack if you wanted to make a Batman movie why not say so? You didn't have to have him hijack Supes franchise.

I've never read The Dark knight Returns so I don't know from quotes, but Dawn of Justice IS a great title for a film leading directly into a Justice League movie.

But its still Zack Snyder, and I cant help but remember the announcement for this movie way back at a convention, where they read lines from TDKR. Id love to believe more in the secondary title, but that's the studio talking. This is all that matters to ole Sucker Punch:

Batman_vs_Superman_Wallpaper.jpg