Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Nguyen_Dragon

I am more worried with snyder because man of steel was bad and this is even bigger as man of steel.

This is what we should be worrying about more than the Batman casting. The Snyder/Gough team poised to bring another joyless cluster mess of introspective heroes brooding over the emotional cost of the life they choose to lead mixed with a lot of things blowing up. This is where DC can take a(nother) hint from Marvel and lighten it up just a bit. Don't be afraid to mix some light heartedness and humor. What if modern Superman saved a cat from a tree (I know, I drastic thought).

Also, if that rumor about Brian Cranston is true, that would be a win.

Hey, as long as Lex is more Breaking Bad than Malcolm in the Middle, I'm fine with it. This is the one we've ALL been waiting for since we first saw those George Reeves reruns in kindergarten. Superman AND Batman, we're talking movie history here. The time for nuclear fueled real estate scams and ham-fisted scenery chewing is over. I'm ready for a Lex with some gravitas to him. Dark, dangerous . . . competent.

I am more worried with snyder because man of steel was bad and this is even bigger as man of steel.

This is what we should be worrying about more than the Batman casting.

Shhhhhhh! You guys are going to get labled with the small "handful of fanboys" that didn't like Man of Steel!

because he's a good actor and recently remembered for playing a bald criminal? That's insane! why would anyone want that combination: looking AND acting a part?!

pretty sure he's just up for a new Batman villain: The Re-Gifter!

This is what we should be worrying about more than the Batman casting. The Snyder/Gough team poised to bring another joyless cluster mess of introspective heroes brooding over the emotional cost of the life they choose to lead mixed with a lot of things blowing up. This is where DC can take a(nother) hint from Marvel and lighten it up just a bit. Don't be afraid to mix some light heartedness and humor. What if modern Superman saved a cat from a tree (I know, I drastic thought).

The Justice League cartoon would be a good thing to look at for ideas (as would a lot of other things) on how it doesn't have to be all "The Dark Knight Returns" for Batman and Superman's interaction.

Well I liked Man Of Steel, despite it's lack of character. It was the action filled Superman movie with no ties to the Donnerverse that I wanted.

As for Ben Affleck being cast as Batman, I'm fine with it. If Affleck can serve as producer instead of Nolan then I think we have a winner on our hands.

I heard that they will film in Detroit

yup, they'll save money on CGI destruction this time around.

THIS is the only problem I had with Ben Affleck.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/03/kevin-smith-im-not-saying-i-made-ben-affleck-but/

Eventually, I knew a certain scruffy dousch in a hockey muumuu would hop on Affleck's coat-tail hoping desperately to hitch a ride back to relevance.

sigh...

• 2 months later...

Some food for thought about Batman from Christian Bale:

“It’s great to see the symbol of Batman is so much bigger than one person — than any film, any comic book, any TV series — that’s really what it’s all about,” Bale added. “And it’s irrelevant which actor is playing it.”

I'd be more ready to agree if I hadn't seen George Clooney's version.

Michael Cain thinks the next Alfred should be........BRAD PITT!

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-news/why-brad-pitt-could-actually-play-alfred-batman-191715346.html

Good stuff!

Obviously joking, but maybe he's on the right track. I dug Cain, Gough and even Abercrombie from Birds of Prey as much as the next guy, but what if they moved away from the typical endearingly acerbic old Englishman for Alfred. Personally I've wanted to see Sean Connery as Alfred for a while. I mean everyone seems to be gravitating toward the "retired adventurer" portrayal of Alfred anyway. What better actor to play that than the guy who brought us Jimmy Malone in The Untouchables or Alan Quatermain in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Might as well make this a JLA movie...

You know, it actually occurred to me that we don't even have an official title yet. All we really know is the follow up to MOS has Batman in it. Nowhere has anyone said that this ISN'T a JLA movie.

Just sayin'

I just wish I could be more excited. I just didn't like what these same creators did with Man of Steel...guess we'll see.

They know that you didn't like it...so they added Batman and tits with hopes of making you and the rest of the "mixed review" crowd forget.

It's Zack Snyder...never forget!

Typical. For years we shout "JLA! Where's Flash, where's Wonder Woman, when do we get the rest of the DCU?!? Warner finally makes a conscious, serious effort in that direction . . . and people complain even more.

I just wish I could be more excited. I just didn't like what these same creators did with Man of Steel...guess we'll see.

They know that you didn't like it...so they added Batman and tits with hopes of making you and the rest of the "mixed review" crowd forget.

It's Zack Snyder...never forget!

Typical. For years we shout "JLA! Where's Flash, where's Wonder Woman, when do we get the rest of the DCU?!? Warner finally makes a conscious, serious effort in that direction . . . and people complain even more.

I just don't wanna get my hopes up...like the time that they announced a Teen Titans movie disguised as Supergirl 2...

I guess the move to turn a MOS sequel into JLA is about as sound as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNaXdLWt17A

building castles in a swamp.

Nah, I don't think it was so much that as it was a reaction to the Avengers' success and trying to get something out quick in response.

You would think at least Wonder Woman (if not Flash and Aquaman) would get her own movie first, her being the major player that DC claims she is. Too bad no one could get a quality solo script written. So they give her a "safety net" and stick her in with two more proven characters.

Maybe I'm being too negative too soon. Sure, I'd LIKE to see WW on the big screen. But Like I say, I just won't get my hopes up.

I just think what I really need is for Kevin Smith to get high and make a video telling me that everything's going to turn out "really cool". Then I'll be fine.

Michael Cain thinks the next Alfred should be........BRAD PITT!

http://movies.yahoo....-191715346.html

Good stuff!

Obviously joking, but maybe he's on the right track. I dug Cain, Gough and even Abercrombie from Birds of Prey as much as the next guy, but what if they moved away from the typical endearingly acerbic old Englishman for Alfred. Personally I've wanted to see Sean Connery as Alfred for a while. I mean everyone seems to be gravitating toward the "retired adventurer" portrayal of Alfred anyway. What better actor to play that than the guy who brought us Jimmy Malone in The Untouchables or Alan Quatermain in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Sean Connery is retired, and when he said he was retired, he definitely meant it. Nobody has been able to get him on the big (or small) screen since then. Spielberg couldn't do it for Indy 4. The Bond franchise couldn't do it for Skyfall (The groundskeeper part was originally written for Connery). Pretty sure Zack Snyder couldn't do it for...anything.

Might as well make this a JLA movie...

You know, it actually occurred to me that we don't even have an official title yet. All we really know is the follow up to MOS has Batman in it. Nowhere has anyone said that this ISN'T a JLA movie.

Just sayin'

Not to add too much fuel to the fire ,but does anyone besides me recall several months back when Warner Brothers announced/leaked their future plans that there was in fact supposed to be a JLA movie in 2015? IIRC they were going to have a Man of Steel Sequel and JLA drop in same year. So...this little theory may hold more water than we realize. That, or Diana might get like five minutes of screentime, or at best be like Black Widow in Iron Man 2.

As for the casting, well...she's pretty, but she's gonna have to do a lot of working out and fight training to be convincing as an Amazon (well, DC Comics Amazon) warrior. She looks like she'd have a hard time fighting a stiff breeze, much less standing up to super strong opponents. Otherwise, though, I'd say her look is all right. Very much a "wait and see."