Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Nguyen_Dragon

Quick show of hands, how many Batman actors have won any of the following: Academy Award, multiple Golden Globes, BAFTA, Directors Guild Award? How many have won acclaim as actors, writers and directors? Testified before Congress? Championed humanitarian causes? (The last guy to play Batman beat up his own Mom.)

Considering, the usual casting practices for DC movies, if Affleck has a problem, its that he's OVER qualified.

I don't care if its not for acting, how many superheroes have been played by Academy Award winners for God's sake?

sorry, man..it is all about acting...and he doesn't have it. Even if its cheese, when was the last time he leadlined a blockbuster? 1998?

Quick show of hands, how many Batman actors have won any of the following: Academy Award, multiple Golden Globes, BAFTA, Directors Guild Award? How many have won acclaim as actors, writers and directors? Testified before Congress? Championed humanitarian causes? (The last guy to play Batman beat up his own Mom.)

Considering, the usual casting practices for DC movies, if Affleck has a problem, its that he's OVER qualified.

I don't care if its not for acting, how many superheroes have been played by Academy Award winners for God's sake?

Clooney didn't turn out so well...

I heard on Rush Limbaugh today there is actually a petition to the White House for the President to denounce Afleck as Batman. These nerds have run out of control! (And considering the ridiculousness this country caters to on a regular basis, I can actually see this happening.)

I heard on Rush Limbaugh today there is actually a petition to the White House for the President to denounce Afleck as Batman. These nerds have run out of control! (And considering the ridiculousness this country caters to on a regular basis, I can actually see this happening.)

I don't like Affleck as Batman but this is just stupid...

I don't like Affleck as Batman but this is just stupid...

yeah, that is really stupid..because the president will be too busy announcing that if he had had three abortions, they would have survived to kill either a promising young athlete for the fun of it, or a WWII veteran for petty cash, THEN he can denounce Ben Affleck...duh.

I had also heard they were going to send a petition to the WB studios

Are we sure Joel Schumacher isn't still in charge? And for those of you singing Affleck praises,two words;Jersey Girl.

how about daredevil? that was just as bad!

i like ben in certain movies. good will hunting he was awesome. he had plenty of other good roles too, but superhero's are not his kind of material.

Funny that keaton got heat for batman since all they had was adam west to compare him to, lol. I cant imagine ben in this role but somehow i want to see if he can pull it off. I am more worried with snyder because man of steel was bad and this is even bigger as man of steel. Henry was a perfect choice for superman maybe we will be surprised with ben. There are some awesome fanmade pictures of ben in the batsuit and he looks great if they do it like this.

I don't know, I guess a lot of you guys weren't around in the '80's, but people back then were saying a lot of the same stuff about Keaton. Of course, they were a bit meaner about it. Out of shape, short, sleepy eyed, weak chinned, fish lipped.

That turned out alright, didn't it?

sorry, man..it is all about acting...and he doesn't have it. Even if its cheese, when was the last time he leadlined a blockbuster? 1998?

When was the last time Bale did? (Before Batman)

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni56090663/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t2

You know DC/Warner is loving this. I mean with the first Man of Steel everyone was like "It'll probably suck, but I'll wait and see." With the sequel, suddenly its "Affleck!?! He sucks! CALL THE PRESIDENT!!!"

This is the greatest "word-of-mouth" campaign ever. Man of Steel was terrible...and I guess the best they could make out of that is, "well, they already saw the pile of #$##...but wait until they see the cloud of flies we unleash over it!"

I could care less...after all, they are making a sequel to this: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_man_of_steel/ Enjoy the Batman you deserve, %56...

I didn't think there was too much wrong with it to say it stunk

I like the viewers rating on RT more than the critics, as I never really care for half the movies the critics like anyway... 76% viewers rating isn't all that bad. But I do think it's funny how some people always complain about critics and what they say about movies, but when it's a movie they didn't like, they use a place like RT that uses critics to make their point. :huh:

I didn't think there was too much wrong with it to say it stunk

I like the viewers rating on RT more than the critics, as I never really care for half the movies the critics like anyway... 76% viewers rating isn't all that bad. But I do think it's funny how some people always complain about critics and what they say about movies, but when it's a movie they didn't like, they use a place like RT that uses critics to make their point. :huh:

You guys are making this sound like Green Lantern

Which one is getting a seqeul?