Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Nguyen_Dragon

Are we really going to let Snyder get away with "Man of Steel's collateral damage was all part of the bigger story set up?" If he wants to fess up to trying to turn a negative into a positive, great. But I really hope he isn't selling this as it's been in the plans from the beginning.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/05/batman-v-superman-bruce-waynes-very-personal-reason-for-targeting-the-man-of-steel?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=23&utm_campaign=Blogroll

Are we really going to let Snyder get away with "Man of Steel's collateral damage was all part of the bigger story set up?" If he wants to fess up to trying to turn a negative into a positive, great. But I really hope he isn't selling this as it's been in the plans from the beginning.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/05/batman-v-superman-bruce-waynes-very-personal-reason-for-targeting-the-man-of-steel?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=23&utm_campaign=Blogroll

I don't get it. MOS had two super-powered beings and an army of alien marauders tear-assing over the planet and opening black holes over a major American city. Then there was the machine that was supposed to LITERALLY change the face of the planet. Of course there's collateral damage. Of course there are BIG repercussions coming. What exactly is Snyder doing wrong?

I love Avengers as much as the next guy, but there have to be bigger pay-offs to an alien invasion than vague references to real-estate woes and Iron Man's new neurosis.

I don't get it. MOS had two super-powered beings and an army of alien marauders tear-assing over the planet and opening black holes over a major American city. Then there was the machine that was supposed to LITERALLY change the face of the planet. Of course there's collateral damage. Of course there are BIG repercussions coming. What exactly is Snyder doing wrong?

Because his Superman was less than mindful of it in taking actions to lessen the impact? C'mon, I thought that was a universal criticism on the film.

I see your point though. It is possible that Snyder came up with a horrible idea and just decided to run with it on day one. But I bet he also just likes to see things go smashy on his movie making computers like a pretentious Michael Bay.

Because his Superman was less than mindful of it in taking actions to lessen the impact?

Once again, how? He was fighting an entire army of his own race, many of which had his powers . . . and a BLACK HOLE. The main thing MOS did right was show the realistic results of a bunch of guys with phenomenal cosmic powers throwing around WMDs and going at it in a real world setting.

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman. Oh, and a 6" Multiverse line based on the Flash TV series.

And I thought I would be saving some money next year.

I really don't know what they're thinking with the TV series stuff since most collectors/fans have been buying into DCC for over a year. Not sure if the CnC Bat-bot thingy is enough for me to buy in. Joker looks nice...but a suit body and 2 figures that share the same buck is what youre putting out there? Oh, Mattel...never change.

pretty cool that the CnC for the movie is a prop. Still, doubt im gonna love the movie enough to buy in. Probably get the armored up Batman if I can live with having Ben Affleck on my shelf. Its only a chin I guess.

Is that Batmobile on the left for their 6in basics? If so, why is this being glossed over?!

15_SDCC_Mattel22__scaled_600.jpg

Because his Superman was less than mindful of it in taking actions to lessen the impact?

Once again, how? He was fighting an entire army of his own race, many of which had his powers . . . and a BLACK HOLE. The main thing MOS did right was show the realistic results of a bunch of guys with phenomenal cosmic powers throwing around WMDs and going at it in a real world setting.

You can argue all of that but the fact remains that the movie just like Superman's characterization lacked heart and joy, I don't mind the destruction that's inevitable in a big battle but it really shouldn't be the focus, plus showing scenes of Perry White(black?), Jane Olsen or whatever the f her name was escaping the destruction, why? were we supposed to care what happened to them at that point when they were only in the movie for like 5 minutes. Sharing a kiss for on the ashes of the people that just died is not a good way to start a romance, during the movie we were showed Superman going out of his way to save people at the risk of being discovered but then during the battle sequence he just keeps fighting with no regard for who's dying around him. Yes the Avengers movies show their fair of destruction but they don't linger on it as much and they have been slowly building to the fact that it has consequences, at the end of the first movie there was a politician pointing out that the Avengers came and went and the destruction was left there with no accountabilty, same thing at the end of the second one with the Hulk, heck even the Daredevil series showed how the invasion and destruction affected the little people. I said before and I say it again Man of Steel wasn't a bad movie it just wasn't a good Superman movie but who knows maybe in BvS Bruce Wayne will have a gambling problem or snap at reporters who don't agree with his political views that would make the movie far more interesting.

• Like 1

Yes, I did notice the Batmobile, and remain cautiously optimistic.

What really strikes me though is there are apparently 2 6" lines coming in January. The Multiverse BAF line, and a "Basic Assortment" that seems to combine the movie likenesses with the toyetic "chunkiness" of Total Heroes. I really can't wait for some news to go with these pix.

In any case both are extremely appealing to this fan-boy.

I guess the retail team wasn't wasting its hiatus after all.

Sorry, I didn't mean you. I meant the people who took these pics. Not a single shot with that particular version of the car in frame, nor the info placard.

There are a couple of really decent shots of it and its placard at Figures.com. It certainly looks to be in the 6" scale. Unfortunately, all the card says is "Batmobile" and "Available January."

I think that Batman beside it in the picture above may be a pack-in though.

Sorry, I didn't mean you. I meant the people who took these pics. Not a single shot with that particular version of the car in frame, nor the info placard.

There are a couple of really decent shots of it and its placard at Figures.com. It certainly looks to be in the 6" scale. Unfortunately, all the card says is "Batmobile" and "Available January."

Sweet. I'm down for it. Hope they keep it light to keep cost down. All I need is a nice looking shell and some wheels. Don't need any bells and whistles. Would like for most Batmen to be able to fit into it, but I'll take what I can get.

Sweet. I'm down for it. Hope they keep it light to keep cost down. All I need is a nice looking shell and some wheels. Don't need any bells and whistles. Would like for most Batmen to be able to fit into it, but I'll take what I can get.

You and me both. Judging by its placement in the display and the apparent pack-in, I'm thinking it may be part of the TH-type line, which may very well mean it'll be the "shell w/wheels" we're looking for.

If these figures hold up past the prototype stage, I will definitely be down for the DoJ movie figures, particularly Wonder Woman. The retail Batman and Superman look a lot better than that SDCC 2 pack.

I can't say as I'm ready to rebuy all the Arrow and Flash figures DC Direct already gave us. The only appeal for me would be having them in 6" so they can go along with my movie masters.

Man, that SDCC trailer was a lot better than the first one. Don't know if I'm digging the Eisenberg Luthor yet, but the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman action is looking good.

It LOOKS good (be it a little on the dark side) but of course, the story will have to hold up.

Man, that SDCC trailer was a lot better than the first one. Don't know if I'm digging the Eisenberg Luthor yet, but the Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman action is looking good.

It LOOKS good (be it a little on the dark side) but of course, the story will have to hold up.

I'm no fan of "dark," especially in this day and age, but as long as its not another superhero douche-comedy like Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant Man, I will be eternally grateful.

(Yes I realize saying that about any movie starring Jessie Eisenberg is dangerous folly, but I have to hold out SOME hope.)

as its not another superhero douche-comedy like Guardians of the Galaxy or Ant Man

You must have made it into one of those early Ant-Man screenings....

You must have missed the ten thousand ads, trailers, clips, references to "comedy" made by several members of the cast in separate interviews, and every movie Paul Rudd has ever made.

I remember the dark days....after the light of the 1st Batman & the ballad of Bob the Goon had died down.....for some time there, DC movies were hit & miss....I'm not bringing up Marvel right now, they have ups & downs too.....but Nolan's Batman brought me back...& although Superman off-ing 1/4 of the citizens of Metropolis didn't sit right w/me I still liked Man of Steel. Henry Cavill is alright w/me....I had my thoughts about BatFleck but this new trailer looks great...can't wait to check this one out at the theater.....its a good time to be a comic book nerd, we have so many choices out there for our comic book fixes.....

I remember the dark days....after the light of the 1st Batman & the ballad of Bob the Goon had died down.....

Oh Bob the Goon. Fond memories of that guy. One of the worst action figures of all time....and I'm still looking for one MOC :)

I'm pretty excited about this now that I've seen some more context in the second trailer. It seems as if this film attempts to address the wanton destruction from the first film, and that the government (and Batman) wants to hold Superman accountable for what happened. Very interesting...