Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Nguyen_Dragon

I just want to get into my email without seeing this crap! Is there an app out there that can block all SW content from showing on my web browser? We could call it Force Block.

My computer has already learned that I am a nerd, I've clicked on one too many nerd-related links, now there's no going back. I'm flooded with links to nerd stuff every day.

• 3 weeks later...

What must it be like to costar in this movie? Seriously, you've got a supporting cast made up of full-on "NAME" actors like Laurence Fishburne, Amy Adams, Holly Hunter, Diane Lane etc., yet every ounce of press the film is getting is completely devoted to the "Special Guest Heroes" the appearances of whom probably won't be any more elaborate or lengthy than Sam Jackson's cameo in Iron Man.

Even the friggin' star has been ignored!

I honestly like the guy, and its somehow fitting that the big screen's first Aquaman is a Baywatch alum, I just hope they don't dye his hair.

You want him with brown hair?

I want it to look natural, which is what I suspect you mean/want, so brown is okay since Mamoa has brown hair, but I think a dye-job would be okay. Not full on Hulk Hogan blonde, but something lighter than what he normally sports maybe.

Either way I like this pick. He could be really good.

"Eisenberg’s Luthor has spastic mannerisms, like a 20-something guy that pounds energy drinks all day."

A true threat for Superman :rolleyes:

I'm indifferent to the Momoa casting. It could work. All depends on story. I am an Aquaman fan and frequently defend him to my buddy. I think an Aquaman film could offer one of the rare opportunities to show something at the movies that we haven't already seen before (underwater city as the main backdrop).

Looking as dour as ever...

My comment was going to be almost exactly the same!

Supeman in a drab, murky background with some CGI rain. Yay. It's frustrating because I think Cakvil himself looks great as Superman.

Supeman in a drab, murky background with some CGI rain. Yay. It's frustrating because I think Cakvil himself looks great as Superman.

I'm knid of upset that he still has the kryptonian underwear. Given that he pretty much had forsaken his heritage "Krypton had it's CHANCE!!!!!" and completely obliterated the last of the surviving members of his race signifying just how much he cares for the past, why keep the only thing left to remind him of what he's done..... and why set it in the rain with a darkened sky..... oh Snyder you piece of........ That's low, real fracking low.

I'm knid of upset that he still has the kryptonian underwear. Given that he pretty much had forsaken his heritage "Krypton had it's CHANCE!!!!!" and completely obliterated the last of the surviving members of his race signifying just how much he cares for the past, why keep the only thing left to remind him of what he's done..... and why set it in the rain with a darkened sky..... oh Snyder you piece of........ That's low, real fracking low.

Wait. You're upset because Superman is dressed like . . . Superman? We're kinda stretching for those criticisms a little, aren't we?

Wait. You're upset because Superman is dressed like . . . Superman? We're kinda stretching for those criticisms a little, aren't we?

I don't know...I kinda get a "Dark Knight Returns" vibe from it, just like Affleck's Bat-suit. It looks as if that's the direction they're going with it, which I think might be pretty cool, if they do it right, that is...

No I'm upset that the character who has clearly pushed aside his kryptonian heritage... because for whatever reason, is still wearing the underwear that is a reminder of that said heritage. There's no reason why he should wear it now. Superman comes across as hypocritic because of it. A whole new suit design should have been made here, maybe a black one to symbolize his mistake and that he's at mourning like in the aftermath of the Worlds at War storyline in 2001, you know to tell us that Snyder is developing the actual character further from the teaser image. Now it seems like he's wearing it as an everlasting torture that he must be reminded of his mistake when in reality anybody could just tell him to take off the suit if you feel bad about it.

It all boils down to the fact that no one knows what to do with Superman and make no mistake, this list includes his owner, DC/WB. They have no clue how to handle Superman in the 21st century. I'm not saying this because I didn't care for Man of Steel. If you look at the comics, the animation, even Superman Returns, you'll see a new angle on Superman at almost every turn (the comics alone have been retconned at least 4 times in 20 years). This is because they don't have one set way that they want to represent this guy. They're still feeling it out. What we saw in Man of Steel and most likely this new movie is just another angle that they're looking to try with the character, hoping it will stick. This time we're getting "gritty" and hard-edged, next time around it may be something else.

In all honesty, I have more faith in the Batman half of this movie. They get Batman, they know what to do to make him work. And even with all the boo-hooing of casting Affleck, if I had to guess, I'd bet we get at least an adequate Batman here. He's tough to mess up.

But as far as Supes is concerned, they just need to keep trying.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking like The Rock is going to play Shazam...maybe, but probably not John Stewart GL.

As a fan of The Rock and not a fan of John Stewart, I'm OK with this. Of course, it doesn't mean that the most boring GL won't make an appearance for PC's sake. In fact, I almost expect it.

Looking like The Rock is going to play Shazam...maybe, but probably not John Stewart GL.

As a fan of The Rock and not a fan of John Stewart, I'm OK with this. Of course, it doesn't mean that the most boring GL won't make an appearance for PC's sake. In fact, I almost expect it.

Here we go again. Like clock-work, movement on the mythical SHAZAM! movie starst up every couple of years, there are articles, speculation, some talent signs on, script rumors, then the whole thing fades away till next time.