Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Nguyen_Dragon

Green Lantern is also going to be in the movie...

Jon Stewart...played by the Rock

What a Joke! has DC learned nothing about cast selection?!

Green Lantern is also going to be in the movie...

Jon Stewart...played by the Rock

Is it confirmed?... I was hoping for Denzel Washington...

Im still waiting for confirmation on...

Final%20Zatanna.JPG

"so you wanna play with magic?"

is she that much of a dark horse? considering how ape-#$## crazy this movie is sounding already?

KP would be perfect for that roll!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113669

And there it is. The first sign that your DC movie is about to fold. The big push, in this case, from Summer 2015 to Summer 2016.

Stay tuned for (not necessarily in this order): crew changes, cast changes, location changes, rewrites, further start of filming changes, further release date changes, extended periods of no news at all, quiet rumors that the production has been halted, an official move to the back-burner, and finally the axe from Warner Bros.

Gosh, when everyone started saying this would be a Justice League film, I bet they didn't think it would be another Justice League: Mortal.

I don't know if you can call it the doom of the DC movie universe, but it's certainly not good.

GI Joe Retaliation was held back one year and it turned out.......um......better than the fist one? At least? OK, bad example.

I like reading article that will refer to some mythical competition between Marvel and DC at the movies. There is none! Not when it comes to superhero flicks. How many more movies will Marvel have out within the next two years while DC is is lollygagging yet again. Seven? Eight?

• 2 months later...

That's my problem with Zack Snyder's approach to Superman, why does he need to be more real? Your main character is an alien who can shoot laser beams out of his eyes fighting an invasion of similar powered beings you don't need to make it real you are already playing on a whole different field. To me the real challenge is telling a good story where we care about the character or characters and make us feel for or even relate to them despite their superhuman abilities.

That's my problem with Zack Snyder's approach to Superman, why does he need to be more real? Your main character is an alien who can shoot laser beams out of his eyes fighting an invasion of similar powered beings you don't need to make it real you are already playing on a whole different field. To me the real challenge is telling a good story where we care about the character or characters and make us feel for or even relate to them despite their superhuman abilities.

I agree. But that's how people are these days...we're too lazy to aspire to be like gods on high (And Im not just talking the comic book ones either!) that we feel the need to pull them down out of the clouds to our level to justify our mortal failings and weaknesses. Forget virtues, religion, and parables...I want Superman to mope around his apartment all day like I do!

To me it just comes across as saying, "Come on guys, why do you like this one but not mine?"

Supes killing Zod was not my main gripe. I get that Superman killed in the comics and I get that different creators have different takes. I just think the movie could have been done better.

As of right now, absolutely nothing has occurred in regards to the production of this movie that makes me think it will be any different than Superman Lives, the LAST Superman vs. Batman movie, Justice League: Mortal, or any of the dozens of Wonder Woman projects started and mothballed since Lynda Carter hung up her bustier.

As a matter of fact, I haven't seen anything happen with THIS movie that didn't happen with any of those others.

I'd be fine if this movie never got made. This and Fantastic Four.

As of right now, absolutely nothing has occurred in regards to the production of this movie that makes me think it will be any different than Superman Lives, the LAST Superman vs. Batman movie, Justice League: Mortal, or any of the dozens of Wonder Woman projects started and mothballed since Lynda Carter hung up her bustier.

As a matter of fact, I haven't seen anything happen with THIS movie that didn't happen with any of those others.

I'd be fine if this movie never got made. This and Fantastic Four.

The problem is that while here there are a lot of self respecting comic book fans who want more out of these movies there are a lot of conformists out there who are happy with just the fact that this movie will have Batman and Superman together on the same screen and that's enough for them to throw money at it; despite the casting or the handling of Superman's character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjSNLmb0Ndw

I still can't get over the Lex casting. Sure Jesse Eisenberg can make me hate him, he is pretty good at that. but he will never be menacing. I already hated the comical Lex from the Donner movies, but imagine how awful it would have been if Woody Allen was Lex in those movies? Eisenberg is basically the modern equivalent of Allen.

The movie should just focus on Superman and Batman as well, but we keep hearing about other heroes being thrown in. Sometimes less is more. ;)

I don't want the movies to be 100% serious and grim dark, but honestly I don't think Marvel is doing things much better with their "humor." If anything I feel like Marvel is going overboard sometimes with the comedy routines.

Some of the stuff from IM3 and Thor TDW was cringe worthy.

The three recent Batman movies each had one "Heh, heh" moment a piece. Don't ask me to point them out off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure they're in there. Nothing even close to high comedy, of course, but I don't need that in a Batman film. IMO, if it's Batman, low humor gets a pass (anyone rolling on the floor watching the first Keaton film?)

With Superman you needed to lighten it up, needed to have some joy. Turns out the film was completely joyLESS. Now you have no contrast in tone between Batman and Superman, which is so important.

Now these creators are heading up DC at the movies.

You'd think after 140 days of hammering out the most intense, serious script, the writers would get tired and say, "Can't we have Superman stub his toe? Get his cape stuck in a door?" SOMETHING! I guess not if you're doing one of those "gritty", "realistic" movies about people with impossible abilities. Humor isn't "epic" enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes! The return of the muscle suit!

From what we can see if it and the Batmobile, it looks good. But that part of it was never my real worry.

Yeah I know what you mean I have seen people going crazy for the suit reveal or criticizing it and I'm thinking that should be the least of your worries.

Yes! The return of the muscle suit!

From what we can see if it and the Batmobile, it looks good. But that part of it was never my real worry.

Yeah I know what you mean I have seen people going crazy for the suit reveal or criticizing it and I'm thinking that should be the least of your worries.

Yeah, any costume design they go with WILL be criticized no matter what it looks like. That's just a given.

I personally like seeing the designs returning to more of a comic-book-inspired look with a flair for the dramatic; I prefer atmosphere and melodramatic visuals over ultra-realism, which is what I think made comics so great to begin with. I like seeing that replicated on-screen, as long as it doesn't veer off into camp.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Nolan films, but they seemed to take the concept a little too seriously. It's almost as if they were trying to overcompensate for the disaster that was Batman & Robin, and perhaps they went a little too far in the opposite direction at times. Now I don't want to see Ben Afleck quipping with groan-inducing one-liners and maniacal, over-the-top villains trying to "out-insane" each other, as it were, but I don't want to see a complete "Law & Batman" drama either...

By the way, I liked the Tumbler, but I LOVE that new Batmobile!! It looks like a cross between the Tumbler and the Batman Forever Batmobile, which happens to be one of my favorite versions of all time.