Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Nguyen_Dragon

I was going to say this before I found this bit of news but to me I think Gary Sinese would of been a good idea for Batman

ooooohhhhh....good call.

that would be great especially in a direct live action adaptation of the Dark Knight Returns...reteaming Sinese with Chicago actor buddy John Malcovich as the Joker. But who would you pick for the older Superman? Green Arrow?

I was going to say this before I found this bit of news but to me I think Gary Sinese would of been a good idea for Batman

ooooohhhhh....good call.

that would be great especially in a direct live action adaptation of the Dark Knight Returns...reteaming Sinese with Chicago actor buddy John Malcovich as the Joker. But who would you pick for the older Superman? Green Arrow?

I vote Jim Caviezel for Superman...

I hear that Affleck is signed on for multiple films so we either boycott or get used to him...

As far as Man of Steel & it's ups & downs.......would everyone rather have had another "Superman Returns" vibe??.....good or bad the baby is on the way.....time will tell on whether we'll love it or let it starve....Avengers 2 is on the way & it may suck out loud but it's still on the way despite our reservations...on other news I heard Bryan Cranston has signed on to be Lex Luthor??

As far as Man of Steel & it's ups & downs.......would everyone rather have had another "Superman Returns" vibe??

Returns was better than Steel in the end, but that's not a pleasant victory for anyone...accept it.

also...if you haven't seen this, enjoy:

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-man-of-steel/

I know these guys are hard to watch for fans without a sense of humor about beloved subject matter(SW fans), but they always make good points in an entertaining fashion.

As far as Man of Steel & it's ups & downs.......would everyone rather have had another "Superman Returns" vibe??

Returns was better than Steel in the end, but that's not a pleasant victory for anyone...accept it.

also...if you haven't seen this, enjoy:

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-man-of-steel/

I know these guys are hard to watch for fans without a sense of humor about beloved subject matter(SW fans), but they always make good points in an entertaining fashion.

You are only a handful of people that think that... Most people were entertained by MOS including myself...

You are only a handful of people that think that... Most people were entertained by MOS including myself...

That's the curse of the fan-boy. Everyone thinks their opinion is the only one that matters.

For the record:

Liked Superman: The Movie (though never liked Clark's nerd portrayal), Superman II, Superman III, Superman IV, Supergirl, and Steel.

Liked Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever (though it would've been better if original cast members Michael Keaton and Renee Russo had remained), and Batman and Robin.

Hated Superman Returns (but thought Kate Bosworth was an awesome Lois)

Batman Begins was okay. Hated The Dark Knight. Refuse to see The Dark Knight Rises.

Haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but intend to.

Thought Daredevil was great, and really liked the Elektra movie (though it could've been better).

And yes, I think Affleck will make a fine Batman. He may even put a little more into it than just a gravely whisper.

I hope he just uses his normal voice... That is one thing I hated about Bale...

Keaton will always be my favorite Batman, an excellent actor, way underrated. I still watch Desperate Measures and think to myself how is this guy not getting any work. Val Kilmer was a great Bruce Wayne he played the role as a sophisticated boorish millionaire which I thought was a good approach to playing Bruce Wayne. George Clooney was.... I don't even know how to phrase it I still watch the movie and find him so out of place. Now Christian Bale looked physically like Bruce Wayne but that's about it, his Batman was so dumb, that's one of my gripes with Nolan's Batman he wasn't smart nor educated he just came across as this big idiot that needed Lucius Fox to play Q to his Bond in order to understand things I don't know I guess before Begins came out I was so used to the cartoon Batman that was so knowledgeable about pretty much everything that he would constantly be the go to guy when the Justice League needed to figure something out. As for Man of Steel I enjoyed it but I found it wanting pretty much for all the reasons that were mentioned in the Half in the Bag video, funny thing at the beginning it was so Sci Fi that I thought I was watching a Star Wars prequel. Then we go to earth and see Clark being raised as a major douche, then we get an impressive battle over Smallville and then one with Zod and Supes that looked like a video game cgi cutscene I guess the special effects guys were tired by then and phoned it in. As for Ben Affleck being Batman is the smartest decision that WB/DC has done in terms of movies it's been days and all the media is still talking about it if only Green Lantern would have gotten this kind of promotion. Then again it could have been much worse:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/30/more-nicolas-cage-superman-photos-surface

That's the curse of the fan-boy. Everyone thinks their opinion is the only one that matters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6ObfOiIu4o

subjective like are what they are, but everything under the guise of "entertainment" must meet with some critical thinking and scrutiny. There should be no shame in liking something with faults as long as you can see the faults and meet them with some sense of humor (Star Wars fans). I wish I could join your "We Just Do" gang but...Im fine with playing Julia Stiles.

George Clooney was.... I don't even know how to phrase it I still watch the movie and find him so out of place.

If you've seen George Clooney's doctor in ER, you've seen the full extent of his acting range. It just so happened the doctor wore a Batman costume at one point.

I liked Keaton, Kilmer, and Bale as Batman.

I am more worried with snyder because man of steel was bad and this is even bigger as man of steel.

This is what we should be worrying about more than the Batman casting. The Snyder/Gough team poised to bring another joyless cluster mess of introspective heroes brooding over the emotional cost of the life they choose to lead mixed with a lot of things blowing up. This is where DC can take a(nother) hint from Marvel and lighten it up just a bit. Don't be afraid to mix some light heartedness and humor. What if modern Superman saved a cat from a tree (I know, I drastic thought).

Also, if that rumor about Brian Cranston is true, that would be a win.

I am more worried with snyder because man of steel was bad and this is even bigger as man of steel.

This is what we should be worrying about more than the Batman casting.

Shhhhhhh! You guys are going to get labled with the small "handful of fanboys" that didn't like Man of Steel!

because he's a good actor and recently remembered for playing a bald criminal? That's insane! why would anyone want that combination: looking AND acting a part?!

pretty sure he's just up for a new Batman villain: The Re-Gifter!

This is what we should be worrying about more than the Batman casting. The Snyder/Gough team poised to bring another joyless cluster mess of introspective heroes brooding over the emotional cost of the life they choose to lead mixed with a lot of things blowing up. This is where DC can take a(nother) hint from Marvel and lighten it up just a bit. Don't be afraid to mix some light heartedness and humor. What if modern Superman saved a cat from a tree (I know, I drastic thought).

The Justice League cartoon would be a good thing to look at for ideas (as would a lot of other things) on how it doesn't have to be all "The Dark Knight Returns" for Batman and Superman's interaction.

Well I liked Man Of Steel, despite it's lack of character. It was the action filled Superman movie with no ties to the Donnerverse that I wanted.

As for Ben Affleck being cast as Batman, I'm fine with it. If Affleck can serve as producer instead of Nolan then I think we have a winner on our hands.

I heard that they will film in Detroit

yup, they'll save money on CGI destruction this time around.

THIS is the only problem I had with Ben Affleck.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/03/kevin-smith-im-not-saying-i-made-ben-affleck-but/

Eventually, I knew a certain scruffy dousch in a hockey muumuu would hop on Affleck's coat-tail hoping desperately to hitch a ride back to relevance.

sigh...

• 2 months later...

Some food for thought about Batman from Christian Bale:

“It’s great to see the symbol of Batman is so much bigger than one person — than any film, any comic book, any TV series — that’s really what it’s all about,” Bale added. “And it’s irrelevant which actor is playing it.”

I'd be more ready to agree if I hadn't seen George Clooney's version.