Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Nguyen_Dragon

[/i]That is why heart attack trumps tornado as a cause of death.

The tornado death doesn't hold up at all.

That was the classic "reveal secret ID or save a loved one in peril" conundrum. Clark can and has been written out of those situations hundreds of times. He finds a clever way to save the person and keep his secret ID. Really? The only way out of that situation was to let Jonathan die? Clark could have pushed his way to the back of the crowd and then super-speeded it over to Pa to save him. All the crowd would have seen was a "Blur" (right, Smallville?). At the very least, Clark would have said, "To hell with the secret ID, my dad is more important". Especially in the case of young, less seasoned Clark.

The heart attack death seen in the original movie and in Smallville was infinitely better because, even with all his power, Clark couldn't save Pa. It was just his time to go and there ain't a thing he could do about it. Why they had to mess with that is beyond me. Clark can do plenty against a tornado.

It's really tough to screw up Batman.

If we would have seen the greatest Superman movie ever this past summer, my skepticism would be lower. But we didn't.

I'm anxious to see it regardless. I'm just happy it's being made.

I want to agree with you sooo bad. But I'm a guy who had his little fan-boy heart broken to many times. I've seen so many DC projects crash and burn, stuff I honestly believed would go the distance, I just won't let myself get past "cautiously optimistic," at least till they actually roll film.

I understand your pain.

*remembers Green Lantern wipes a tear from his eye*

The title they announced thus far is Superman & Batman. See high odds that they'll change it to World's Finest by the release, or at least Superman/Batman: World's Finest.

I'm pretty sure we won't see World's Finest as the title or in the title. It just wouldn't have much context for the wider audience. I'm sure it will be and simple Batman/Superman or Batman v Superman.

Its actually a sequel to MOS with Batman as guest...

Snyder came to the stage and had MOS actor Harry Lennix read this quote from Frank Miller’s legendary graphic novel, THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS,

“I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember your hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”

Snyder followed that up by explaining,

“We’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.”

“I want you to remember, Clark, in all the years to come, in all your most private moments, I want you to remember your hand at your throat. I want you to remember the one man who beat you.”

Snyder followed that up by explaining,

“We’re not adapting this thing, but it is the thing that will help us tell that story.”

Will I be seen as "not a true" comic fan if I say Miller just ain't that great? He gets accolades for Year One and DKR. Is it because those stories are so good or because he was the first to do "dark n' gritty"? The two above stories are good but "grim n' gritty" is wearing out it's welcome for me.

Still, I guess it could be a lot worse. Snyder could have tapped one of his actors to go on stage and quote from the trash that was All Star Batman and Robin.

"I'm the God damn BATMAN!!!!"

• 3 weeks later...

WB is apparently ready to give Bale a ton of money if only he'd do Batman again

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/christian-bale-reportedly-offered-50-170800416.html

I like the part where they speculate this will be either the first or second highest grossing movie of all time. Would be easier to believe if DC had a better track record at the movies.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/christian-bale-reportedly-offered-50-170800416.html

I like the part where they speculate this will be either the first or second highest grossing movie of all time. Would be easier to believe if DC had a better track record at the movies.

I really don't want Bale to continue as Batman...

You know, in all honesty, I really don't care either way.

The way I look at it is, there have been sooooooooooo many comic movies and there will be sooooooooooo many more. If they blow it this time, eventually they will give it another shot, maybe they'll get it right then. If a movie is good. Great! If not, oh well. That's the way I look at all comic movies now.

Maybe they should see if Clooney wants another crack at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Daredevil was over 10 years ago and it wan't that bad...

The thing is, they couldn't have made ANY casing announcement without complaints. And I may be going out on a limb here, but is it really hard to ACT Batman? Really...Michael Keaton could pull it off! The only one I can recall who really botched it up was Clooney who played Batman the exact same way he played any character, ever. Only that time he played the character while in a rubber bat suit...

And let's be honest, with names like Ryan Gosling (Young Hercules, seriously?) being thrown about as contenders, I think he was the best choice by far.

I was crossing my fingers that he was never a serious candidate. If they went with him or Bradley Cooper you would have seen complaints that they were just trying to woo the female crowd (and they would have been right). No one needs to be wooed to Batman. Everyone loves Batman already.

Daredevil was over 10 years ago and it wan't that bad...And I may be going out on a limb here, but is it really hard to ACT Batman? Really...Michael Keaton could pull it off!

Daredevil was that bad. And Michael Keaton is a wonderful, underrated actor...cant say the same for Ben Affleck.

Well ya got your wish!!!

Well I'm going to just sit back and see how it unfolds!! I kinda jumped the gun with Heath Ledger!! Not too much, but I was a bit skeptical, only to be blown away with Batman's greatest villain on screen!!!

While Daredevil wasn't the best, he still did a great Matt Murdoch!! I like the film, it's no X2, but it's a hundred times better than Green Lantern!!!

Well ya got your wish!!!

Well I'm going to just sit back and see how it unfolds!! I kinda jumped the gun with Heath Ledger!! Not too much, but I was a bit skeptical, only to be blown away with Batman's greatest villain on screen!!!

While Daredevil wasn't the best, he still did a great Matt Murdoch!! I like the film, it's no X2, but it's a hundred times better than Green Lantern!!!

I didn't think they pick Affleck... Now we going to see a crying Batman...

I was hoping for a rising star like Henry Cavill...

I like daredevil too but can you imagine ben changing his voice? He smiles all the time. I dont know but i cant see him in the suit. His face does not scream batman for me. I dont doubt his performance but his looks. Should have gone with fassbender.