2013 SDCC: Pixel Dan Interviews Derryl DePriest

JoeRhyno

Derryl DePriest speaking on the Ultimate Wave: "...it's gonna be a smash with collectors. You know...they're gonna be goin' nuts trying to find all of these figures."

Yes, I'm sure many collectors WILL be going nuts trying to find them, because no matter where they look, they will NEVER find them. @lol@

Derryl DePriest speaking on the Ultimate Wave: "...it's gonna be a smash with collectors. You know...they're gonna be goin' nuts trying to find all of these figures."

Yes, I'm sure many collectors WILL be going nuts trying to find them, because no matter where they look, they will NEVER find them. @lol@

that is exactly what I picked up when he said that!

Pixel Dan should have asked him, "where are all of the toys?"

I hammered him over and over about it at Joecon and it was the same song and dance that it was all because of the movie delay and they had no control over it and Paramount really messed things up for them.

From the interview, Derryl DePriest did somewhat allude to the 4" line continuing in some degree. When Pixel Dan asked him would we see large vehicles like the Eaglehawk in 2014, DePriest stated that they could only do large vehicles in Movie years due to the amount of money used in Movie years, but they could only do mid or smaller size vehicles in non-movie years for the most part. So eventhough he said he couldn't reviel anything really new until New York Toy Fair 2014, the fact that he said pretty much small scale vehicles seem to suggest that the 4" line is continuing.

That said, wasn't there something new for the 4" line that was suppose to be announced? I forgot the exact name, but there was a report of cheaper price point for some figures that lead to some fans speculating that it was either figures with very less accessories, or they were less articulated figures with more accesssories? The news was released either during Joecon or New York Toy Fair. Either way, many people assumed SDCC would reviel what this was.

seriously, the only question I want anyone to ask is why aren't there any toys on the shelves. You guys pulled your stuff 16 months ago, how can the shelves possibly be empty? With a year's delay, how were you not fully ready to pump your product into the stores, especially with the movie to support it. Why is wave 1 Roadblock the only figure available?

• 1 month later...