new marvel legends revealed

shokker

So we get 5 iron mans in a wave and one new character? Thats the future? So everytime a movie hits we get a legends wave. That means when amazing spiderman 59 hits then i might have a chance at puma and maybe chameleon. Awesome. Hasbro amazes me every year. So they figured it out how to get the running changes out there but will stop with marvel legends since they know what to do now. Makes total sense :-D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that sucks. Whats the point of the "RETURN OF MARVEL LEGENDS" if they are just going to kill the line off again? Also, I just got an email from Toywiz saying that the classic Hawkeye from the upcoming was cancelled and that they are only producing the modern Hawkeye. I was really looking forward to that figure. And I too would have enjoyed getting a red Deadpool. It just goes to show that what Hasbro shows isnt what Hasbro makes.

Well that sucks. Whats the point of the "RETURN OF MARVEL LEGENDS" if they are just going to kill the line off again? Also, I just got an email from Toywiz saying that the classic Hawkeye from the upcoming was cancelled and that they are only producing the modern Hawkeye. I was really looking forward to that figure. And I too would have enjoyed getting a red Deadpool. It just goes to show that what Hasbro shows isnt what Hasbro makes.

I'm sorry to hear that, man Heroic Age Hawkeye was my most anticipated figure of this year so I know how you feel, guess I'll have to settle for the Channing Tatum version.

Was also looking forward to red deadpool. So does this mean we wont get any iron man figures anymore Since they wont do iron man movies for now. Lets start with a bang, i read on fwoosh that there wont be any thor legends figures. Dont know where that comes from though.

I'm sorry to hear that, man Heroic Age Hawkeye was my most anticipated figure of this year so I know how you feel, guess I'll have to settle for the Channing Tatum version.

You mean Jeremy Renner. Yeah, really wanted that Heroic Age Hawkeye, thats the figure that got me really into the RETURN OF MARVEL LEGENDS. Even picked up the HEROIC AGE THOR and was really considering getting the HEROIC AGE IRON MAN from the IROM MAN LEGENDS WAVE. I have the TOYBIZ Hawkeye and the Toybiz Age Avengers, wasnt going to update, thought I might, now Im not.

The purpose of this "rebranding" is to help distribution since retailers are more likely to order the figures if they tie to a movie.

How much can you really blame Hasbro? They're not perfect but is it their fault Target has no intention of restocking after two Constrictors have been dangling on the pegs for months?

This makes sense when you think about it and are honest about the fact that kids don't buy action figures anymore. Especially when they don't advertise action figures on TV. There goes half the target market. It would be nice if a line could stay afloat continuously just on the money the collector gives, but that's not the case, I guess.

The purpose of this "rebranding" is to help distribution since retailers are more likely to order the figures if they tie to a movie.

How much can you really blame Hasbro? They're not perfect but is it their fault Target has no intention of restocking after two Constrictors have been dangling on the pegs for months?

This makes sense when you think about it and are honest about the fact that kids don't buy action figures anymore. Especially when they don't advertise action figures on TV. There goes half the target market. It would be nice if a line could stay afloat continuously just on the money the collector gives, but that's not the case, I guess.

I would tell Hasbro the same thing I tell Mattel. Dont sell at retail, only online at online retailers. I would also say character selection is very important. I would also say how you sell them is important. Constrictor by himself wont sell, but what if you partnered him up with two more figures from the serpent society as a boxset and made them an exclusice to BBTS or Toywiz or someother online retailer.

There's also way too much variety!! When I was a kid, there was one line, one size, one choice for your purchasing power!!

GI JOE came in one size, 3&3/4 inch figures and corresponding vehicles.

MOTU one size figure, 5 inches and corresponding vehicles!

When it came to DC & Marvel Toys, whatever line was out, it was one size!! Be it the small Super Powers line or the 5 inch Marvel or X-Men Universe!!

If kids wanted figures based on their favorite characters, they had one choice!! Now there are just too many different lines out there based on the same property!!

Look at Spider Man and his 5 inch kiddie line! The Marvel 2 inch toddler line! The several 3&3/4 inch movie lines, the 3&3/4 inch Marvel U line, the Marvel Legenda line!! The 12 inch almost statues line. Don't forget the racers and other miscellaneous crap that gets put out! It's insane!!!

And yes, movies are good to merch, but cartoons are better!! Bring back the 30 minute commercial!!

the poblem is with all these big shops like walmart and so on. they wont order a new wave just because there are 2 figures left on the shelf? i mean come on thats just unprofessional and prooves that a lot of workers arent in the know whats coming down and how they are suppose to sell these things. hasbro is at fault too because they should tell what retailers will get. if a second serie is about to hit then tell everyone that instead of just selling figures under the name marvel legends. it's not new either that hasbro is bad at things. i claim that since the beginning. they are suppose to know better but even fans know better how it works. i hear fans buy figures just to empty the pegs and return them at a next shop just so that they may be able to get new figures. that just prooves how things are handled. they finally manage to do great figures and suddenly suck at distribution. its really always something. bet that when figures loose articulations and paint again because they have to cut back then you will find them everywhere.

For the record I wasn't blaming Hasbro I was just passing along information I came across, nothing is sure yet. To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about this yet, business wise it makes sense and it may work it may not only time will tell. At least the Marvel Movies are going strong now, so that helps.

Totally forgot that i have to deal with ultimate crap. Ultimate beetle gets a whole new sculpt too? Thats so unfair while demanded characters get #$## and ultimate beetle deserves a new sculpt because of whatever reason.

Ultimate green goblin? Who in this world wants that? Bet that ultimate hobgoblin will be in wave 2. at least black cat looks awesome. Here is hoping she makes it out. I guess the time has come for me to do my own figures. Hasbro just sucks at spiderman villains. I have waited long enough and now i have to deal with movie/ ultimate/ comics mix of waves. No thanks.

Question on these ML variant.

From what I read, it basically said forget about the variants from the first three waves. What wave is Jean Grey supposed to be a part of? I lost track. Are we thinking we'll see her variants or no?

If I can be more certain I'll get a jim lee version, the more likely I'll be to shell out $30+ on a preorder.

From what I read, it basically said forget about the variants from the first three waves. What wave is Jean Grey supposed to be a part of? I lost track. Are we thinking we'll see her variants or no?

If I can be more certain I'll get a jim lee version, the more likely I'll be to shell out $30+ on a preorder.

Jim Lee Jean Grey is the one we're getting all the variants from that wave, the Hit Monkey wave and the Epic Heroes wave are all in limbo as of this moment there are no plans to release:

1. White Dr. Doom

2. Blade

3.Moonstar

4.Redpool

5.Lyra

6.Sentry

7.X-Force Archangel

8.Heroic Age Hawkeye

9.Wrecker

10.AOA Jean Grey

11.White Phoenix

Rage away I know I am I do have to say Movie Winter Soldier looks amazing.

Jim Lee Jean Grey is the one we're getting all the variants from that wave, the Hit Monkey wave and the Epic Heroes wave are all in limbo as of this moment there are no plans to release:

1. White Dr. Doom

2. Blade

3.Moonstar

4.Redpool

5.Lyra

6.Sentry

7.X-Force Archangel

8.Heroic Age Hawkeye

9.Wrecker

10.AOA Jean Grey

11.White Phoenix

Thanks for the info, that's a big help. Can't say I'm too disappointed about all the missing varants just because I'd have no room anyway but it sucks for those who were waiting for them.

Where are you seeing movie WS? Is he 6"?

1. White Dr. Doom

2. Blade

3.Moonstar

4.Redpool

5.Lyra

6.Sentry

7.X-Force Archangel

8.Heroic Age Hawkeye

9.Wrecker

10.AOA Jean Grey

11.White Phoenix

Thanks for the info, that's a big help. Can't say I'm too disappointed about all the missing varants just because I'd have no room anyway but it sucks for those who were waiting for them.

http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=292&itemid=16269

I don't care about variants myself. I am kind of bummed that the Wolverine Legends line has gone exclusive, but I can live with it.

All I care about is

A. 6" Movie Black Widow.

B. Build-a-Figures.

C. Available at retail.

That's it, I'm good.

Personally, I do care about the variants mainly because I wanted a comic Blade and complete the Wrecking Crew and have a better Sentry and an X Force Archangel and have a Heroic Age Hawkeye so I don't have to pay scalper prices for the previous one.

1. White Dr. Doom

2. Blade

3.Moonstar

4.Redpool

5.Lyra

6.Sentry

7.X-Force Archangel

8.Heroic Age Hawkeye

9.Wrecker

10.AOA Jean Grey

11.White Phoenix

http://www.marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=292&itemid=16269

Niiiiiiice! That Cap line looks great! Movie BW, finally! Is that Cap how he's gonna look in the movie or is that the current comic look?

The one with the blue shield is the movie one, the one with the red boots and gloves is the Marvel Now/current look in the comics which seems to be a cross between the movie and ultimate outfit.

Marvel Now Cap

Steven_Rogers_%28Earth-616%29_from_Avengers_Vol_5_10_cover.png

All in all I think they did a very good job capturing the look in the figure just wish the paint was better.