MOTUC Showing Up At Big Lots

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two days ago i stopped in and they had an Orko ,two Moss Man,a couple of the Mo-Larr sets and two Icarius.I picked up Orko.Last night i went back for a Moss Man and he was gone.All they had left was an Icarius and the Mo-Larr sets were still there.If it wasn't for that damn missing tooth on Skeletors grill i would have picked it up,so i went with Icarius instead. The lady who worked there said some guy had just been in and bought most of what they had and then called a different BL from her store to tell them he would be by to pick up whatever they had.

Wow, what a greedy, disgusting jerk that guy sounds like. Called a different BL from her store... I wonder if he was using a cell phone, or if he had the gall to ask to use the store's phone. I can understand someone being excited about Big Lots getting these at a bargain price, but purchasing the store's entire stock on the shelves to try to resell just because they're on sale for ten bucks each seems like a fool's errand. Unless... he's just a big fan of the figures with deep pockets and is purchasing them to donate to Toys For Tots or something. Which he probably isn't.

I guess it's also possible he's buying multiples to try to pick the best paint job or packaging condition, or he has more than one kid who wants the same figure. But I'm probably going out of my way to speculate that the guy is anything but a scalper of the dumb sort.

A question... if the Skeletor and Molarr set is ten bucks, why not just get one if you really want a Skeletor figure, and repaint the face? I'm not questioning or criticizing your choice, I'm just suggesting that at five bucks a figure why not get one and customize it the way you want?

On the way to the airport tonight, I thought I had time to kill so I stopped by a Big Lots in Snottsdale.....they finally had some Clawful action going on....there were 3 Clawfuls & 7 Adoras.....even the ones I took back were still there.....The Adora with her paint chip on her right hip was the giveaway....So I scooped up an Clawful & I was on my way....the cashier wasn't impressed w/my story of woe & want for these figs....he just said he was tired of people calling for Motu stuff......I was in a cheezy mood & in my best Sid the sloth voice was schoolin him on the finer points of hunting these figs.....he wasn't impressed I wasn't either & I was on my way.....incidentally I was 15 min late picking my gf from the airport....all in the name of some good hunting....

Wow, GuitarDevil, that's awesome! You wouldn't happen to have a chance to get one of those other Clawfuls, would you? I (or my wife actually got it for me) found an Adora at the only BL near enough for me to check. That was the only figure they had, and they only had quantity of one of it. Or, at least that's what they said, anyway. I'm not bothering with checking 40 or 50 miles away stores... there ain't nothing being found worth that much hassle.

There must be a lot of people who know what MOTUC is if all of these figures are selling so well. I assume that certain figures will just sit on the store shelf for months or even a year or more... I might be wrong about this, and maybe it's not the same sort of thing, but I think the local Big Lots has 2003 Mattel Batman two packs where one comes with Joker and another comes with Robin that have been there for years. It's difficult to believe that people are gobbling up multiple Icariuses and Clawfuls and such, even at $10.

Two days ago i stopped in and they had an Orko ,two Moss Man,a couple of the Mo-Larr sets and two Icarius.I picked up Orko.Last night i went back for a Moss Man and he was gone.All they had left was an Icarius and the Mo-Larr sets were still there.If it wasn't for that damn missing tooth on Skeletors grill i would have picked it up,so i went with Icarius instead. The lady who worked there said some guy had just been in and bought most of what they had and then called a different BL from her store to tell them he would be by to pick up whatever they had.

Wow, what a greedy, disgusting jerk that guy sounds like. Called a different BL from her store... I wonder if he was using a cell phone, or if he had the gall to ask to use the store's phone. I can understand someone being excited about Big Lots getting these at a bargain price, but purchasing the store's entire stock on the shelves to try to resell just because they're on sale for ten bucks each seems like a fool's errand. Unless... he's just a big fan of the figures with deep pockets and is purchasing them to donate to Toys For Tots or something. Which he probably isn't.

I guess it's also possible he's buying multiples to try to pick the best paint job or packaging condition, or he has more than one kid who wants the same figure. But I'm probably going out of my way to speculate that the guy is anything but a scalper of the dumb sort.

A question... if the Skeletor and Molarr set is ten bucks, why not just get one if you really want a Skeletor figure, and repaint the face? I'm not questioning or criticizing your choice, I'm just suggesting that at five bucks a figure why not get one and customize it the way you want?

I know ,i sound picky but little things like that bug me.As much as i love some of the custom work out there,i hate doing anything to mess with the integrity of a figure.Even if it is just a dab of paint over the missing tooth lol!If it's still there i may pick it up on the strength of the Mo-Larr figure.As cheesy as the name sounds.

most of the buying of the motu stuff is done by motu fans I bet honestly either to sell or to trade or fill in gaps I find it funny you guys calling out scalpers lol

I know ,i sound picky but little things like that bug me.As much as i love some of the custom work out there,i hate doing anything to mess with the integrity of a figure.Even if it is just a dab of paint over the missing tooth lol!If it's still there i may pick it up on the strength of the Mo-Larr figure.As cheesy as the name sounds.

Yes!! A fellow OCD collector!! I'm so glad there's someone else out there just as picky as me. I feel better now. I'm not alone. (lol)

most of the buying of the motu stuff is done by motu fans I bet honestly either to sell or to trade or fill in gaps I find it funny you guys calling out scalpers lol

Check ebay buddy, there are tons that are on there that are the figures that are popping up at BL, and it's silly because if Matty couldn't get rid of them, and they had to clearance them out, then why would someone go to ebay and pay those prices?

Stuff like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTU-Adora-The-Faceless-One-Count-Marzo-Man-E-Faces-MASTERS-OF-THE-UNIVERSE-set-/370880226643?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item565a2f2553

who is also selling:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GHOSTBUSTERS-II-12-Egon-Spengler-and-Ray-Stantz-/181199036138?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a304ddeea

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-MOTU-MO-LARR-vs-SKELETOR-2-pack-Masters-of-the-Universe-Classics-set-/370880225305?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item565a2f2019

I'm not one usually to jump on the "SCALLPER!!!" bandwagon, but it's clear why endcaps are being cleaned out in one day. Yeah, one or two might be someone getting a bunch to fill gaps/trade, but a whole endcap and then calling another store to clean out their stock, I'm pretty sure someone like that is going for re-selling... not a collection.

I'm thinking of taking back my extras. I would keep them to trade, but pretty much you can find them everywhere, so we all have them already!

Carnivus

Faceless One

Icarius

Count Marzo

Moss Man

Sy-Klone x 2

Anyone need these and have the following DCUC figures to trade, let me know ASAP!! Loose is ok, as long as complete with BAF part. Otherwise I'm taking them back tomorrow!!

Joker

Beast Boy

Mr. Terrific

Captain Atom

John Stewart

Katma Tui

Atom

I'm thinking of taking back my extras. I would keep them to trade, but pretty much you can find them everywhere, so we all have them already!

Carnivus

Faceless One

Icarius

Count Marzo

Moss Man

Sy-Klone x 2

Anyone need these and have the following DCUC figures to trade, let me know ASAP!! Loose is ok, as long as complete with BAF part. Otherwise I'm taking them back tomorrow!!

Joker

Beast Boy

Mr. Terrific

Captain Atom

John Stewart

Katma Tui

Atom

No we all didn't get them in our areas

Found Adora, Moss Man, Megator, and Mo-Lar at my local BL. Was kinda hoping to find Vykron. :(

youd get Vykron, man, soon. that's one of the most common, 3 of my 4 BLs had those, with two already got restocked with it, along Orko, Mo-Lar and Megator.

Those which I got but Ive never seen again, are Greyskull, Syklone, and Chief Carnivus, so if anyone still sees these, grab them, its been like a month now, and that was it for these figures.

As far as regional(Phoenix) here, our current Shelf-warmers are: Mossman, Adora & Count Marzo.....

Our Used to be Shelf-warmers but can't find anymore: Chief Carnivus, Syclone, Faceless One, Molarr Set

The spot them once & Gone: Grizzlor, Catra, Icarius, Clawful

The Never Seens: Tpunch He-Man, BG Teela, Bubble She-ra, Leech, BuzzOff, Orko/Adam, King G, Megator, Tytus, Vykron, Snout Spout

It Appears Figs are still trickling out or people are returning them as well. But out of over 15 or more stores here, I only saw 2 that had Endcap Space for MOTU, 2 other stores had them in different areas(1 up front w/the impulse buys not by the register but still up front, the other had them in the clearance section even though they were still regular price) 3 stores had them still in the White Mailer boxes but they've been throwing them away here. Stores are inconsistent on stocking, Trucks come in, next day no motu, 3 days later swimming in motu after being told they're sold out. I understand frustration of the employees especially cause OCD Collectors can be overbearing & demanding. But also Listless employees who talk to us like were from another planet is also frustrating. I had one guy tell me "why don't you just call the other stores before going there, they'll tell you if they have em"(incidentally I know clerks make S for $$ but when I had that position for any of my Retail Jobs it was impressed upon us by management to at least know our store and the products we sell, when you ask someone if they have product & they think He-man is Prophylactic or Hair Jelly you may have problems w/communication, especially over the phone)....but apart from the good, bad & fugly the hunt continues....smile9.gif

Whats up? So in the last couple weeks I kinda abandoned the MOTUC BL hunt...because I couldn't find anything anymore.......no trace whatsoever at any of the BL's by me. However last night I went into the one BL by me that didn't get ANY MOTUC when they first hit and they actually randomly had the MO-Larr and some Ghostbusters stuff....but that was it. I even asked 3 different employee's if they had anymore in the back......1 said angrily "Whatever's out is out!" and the second was much nicer " We have no toy back stock" .

Wow, Megator and Vyrkron, have never seen areas? Those were like our weekly stock for the past month, til these past 2 weeks, now they're gone, but they were as common as Mo-Larr and Orko in our place, like 4 a piece each week in 3 of my 4 BLs. The other one is a total loser.

The once hit and never came back were Chief Carnivus, Greyskull, Clawful, Snout Spot, Count Marzo and Syklone, glad I grabbed them. Then occasionally of Mossman, Icarius, and Faceless One.

This week we got Adora, Catra, and 2 Mo-Larrs. I picked Catra and Adora in the morning, that was like 9, and Im glad they're out. That afternoon, the remaining pair were gone, and so as the Mo-Larrs.

So they're still coming people. Dont quit yet.

Wow, Megator and Vyrkron, have never seen areas? Those were like our weekly stock for the past month, til these past 2 weeks, now they're gone, but they were as common as Mo-Larr and Orko in our place, like 4 a piece each week in 3 of my 4 BLs. The other one is a total loser.

The once hit and never came back were Chief Carnivus, Greyskull, Clawful, Snout Spot, Count Marzo and Syklone, glad I grabbed them. Then occasionally of Mossman, Icarius, and Faceless One.

This week we got Adora, Catra, and 2 Mo-Larrs. I picked Catra and Adora in the morning, that was like 9, and Im glad they're out. That afternoon, the remaining pair were gone, and so as the Mo-Larrs.

Did your Big Lots get shipments each week, or were there a couple weeks between shipments?

Did your Big Lots get shipments each week, or were there a couple weeks between shipments?

we get weekly dude. two of my BL do, one is every other week, and the other I think just once a month. but these two BLs which got less are into the country. Around 30-45 min from my city.

W 1 said angrily "Whatever's out is out!"

That idiot needs a chill pill.

Yeah, she was pretty angry........I wanted to tell her that I know you have other stock because I know the case ratios and there is no way that you just got Mo-Larr and 10 Vigo's in......granted they could have sold the other stock....but this particular BL has the smallest toy section I've ever seen....its pretty much half and aisle and stuff is crammed in where ever.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE