Half Price Books!!

Lady Jaye

Finally picked up the one graphic novel I'd been wanting for quite a while now; the Infinity Gauntlet!!! Also scored WWHulk, Red Hulk: Planet Hulk, and a cheap one!!!

Got lucky because a customer was moving and had lugged all his books through several moves, and this time he said enough!!! So he sold his entire collection of books, which was substantial!!!

My lil library is growing!! Really enjoying reading all these collected stories!!

So any of you half price book fans?? Any good scores??

• 4 months later...

Well, guess we don't have comic readers in here?? At least none that shop at HPB!! LOL!!

Well, took my lil sister to catch a Rockets game yesterday in Houston, but stopped by a local HPB beforehand!! For about $26 and some change I got 58 classic Marvel Comics!! I grabbed mostly Power Pack and Alpha Flights!!

It was pretty cool finding so many comics from my time!! Most of the HPB's here in Austin have nothing but crappy Image comics, well at least in the discount bins!! It's the only place I look for comics to read!!

It's funny how hot these comics were in the 90's, only to find the majority of them in these clearance or discount bins!!

Can't wait to hit up another store in Houston or Dallas and wipe them out of their classic comics!!

I just found a few 80's Superman books I've been looking for from the John Byrne era at HPB. I really love the way he drew Supes, just a very classic, clean look. Found them all for $1 each plus the Action Comics annual with a Supes/Batman team up drawn by Art Adams. Can't go wrong!

Well glad you guys are finding a few things here and there!! Mako, even if its not HPB, you got a good source for older comics at decent prices bro, stick with it.

Like I said, if I hadn't of given up this idea of collecting comics to collect, but to read, then I wouldn't be finding all these great deals!! All these comics will remain bag less and boardless, they will be read and read again!! It's kind of a liberating feeling to let go of trying to maintain a perfect collection!!

And the best part is paying for comics even cheaper than what they cost, even at 80's prices!! Can't wait for our next trip down sober can hit up a different HPB!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know this is the Marvel board, but......if you are a fan of the DC Mego figures, I think they made a deal with Mattel and bought out their remaining GL stock?? Much like Big Lots did with MOTU!! I saw today several Guy Gardners and a few John Stewarts, each just $5.99!!! Not bad a price!! Just thought I'd share with the Marvel Famous Covers and secret DC fans!! -_-