Custom 52 Powergirl

Strangefate

Finished my second custom.

Was done using the same base I created for Songbird with a slightly tweaked face and 3D printed. She's 6.5 inches tall but also prints well at 6.2 to go with the 6 inch lines... I just prefer the 7 inch quality lines better myself.

I picked powergirl because I still had some joints left to tweak on my base, and powergirl was quick and easy to do, plus gave the chance to also try out capes.

Painted with cheap acrylics and coated with Krylon. I noticed from the earlier songbird figure that the paint becomes unscratchable on this plastic. It's not watertight until coated so it absorbs the paint and coat and after a while you can't damage it at all with fingernails and you don't have to worry about paint rubbing and scratching.

PG52final1.jpg

PG52final3.jpg

PG52final2.jpg

PG52WIPalt.jpg

PG52WIP2.jpg

Yeah.. not feeling her as Power Girl, lol.. not your fault really.. but that new look just looks odd. One thing I would try is giving her bigger books and a thinner waist. I know, sounds cliché, but hey, she is a comic book girl and well.. Power Girl wouldn't be Power Girl without her two best friends.

I think she looks the same way she always looked again now. I imagine DC didn't get much love for the new look, even tho I think she's not the regular PG but a different one stranded on earth 2 ?

Comics have gotten so much more confusing since that reboot...

I suppose I could have given her bigger... friends yes, just wasn't worth it for me as I just wanted a new figure to test prints. If I do a proper PG in the future, I'll make sure to put more weight in the right places.