And it starts, GI Joe goes clearance

Draven79

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kinda paint did you use Rhyno?

and I been waiting for the 3-packs to go on clearance too... grumble grumble. I don't have either of the new sets

I got all excited when I found a mouse set at walmart with the clearance stuff. It rang up $23.something... :-(

Clam, I used the crylon camo spray paints. Its hard to see but its green on top and fades into a muddy brown on the very bottom.

I got all excited when I found a mouse set at walmart with the clearance stuff. It rang up $23.something... :-(

Clam, I used the crylon camo spray paints. Its hard to see but its green on top and fades into a muddy brown on the very bottom.

Krylon camo paints huh? that stuff contains multiple colors in one can? how scratch proof is it?

No its all green. But they sell tans and blacks and browns too. Its just like regular spray cans but they're flat colors in camo earth tones.

Im mot sure how durable it is. I just diaplay them. I dont crash.them together in the sandbox Iin back, lol. So far no chips, but I also put a clear coat over it too.

ah gotcha.

went to Target again today and they had put the Joe Singles down to 7.08. Vehicles were still 13.98 at this one. 3-packs were NOT on clearance.

I always laugh when I see Walmart's "clearance" prices that really aren't clearance prices.

I picked up a movie CC today for $7. He was one of those that I didn't NEED but would get for the right price. Couldn't be sure he'd be around for the next wave of price drops like "useless hand" Roadblock surely will.

3 packs hit clearance near me this last Thursday. Vehicles went down to $10 and the motorcycles to $6 I think. Got the Vamp as I will call it. Great job Joe! And I wish my stores had a mouse set on clearance but they don't.

Draven

Targets round here are on clearance for everything Joe except the 3 packs. Figs are 7, Vehicles (if you can find any now) are 14 or if you get lucky 10. I even found one of the VTOL Joe vehicles for $17. I'm saving my money though I just want to see what trickles down through Ross & the others & for what price as well. I'm kinda figuring that the 3 packs will be $17 and that may be enough of a discount to move them out but well see on those. I hope to see those at 10 maybe.....TRU no EagleHawk & all Joe Stuff is regular price still.

Funny how the 3 packs clearly were missed on the clearance purge. I don't think its a good sign for the Eaglehawk at Target though. It may be in their system but I just don't see them selling it in stores with them not carrying anything else anymore.

Draven

Even if they went down to $1, I wouldn't be buying any vehicles. Not with figures featuring 5 point articulation. The boycott continues no matter the price!

hahah.. come on man.. I was happy to buy them at 10 bucks. The vehicles are worth it.

The power of your (and everyone else's) boycott has already been seen. That is why these things are on clearance right now, because folks weren't buying them. Hasbro has learned their lesson.

so at this point, go ahead and get yourself a nice ugly teal VAMP that you can repaint into something cool. or somebody else will :)

I don't know if there are any Retaliation vehicles I'd be interested in...none of them were screen-accurate, except maybe for that little thing Roadblock drives on-screen for about thirty seconds, but even it was ugly, too.

Maybe that's why I could afford so many Transformers this summer...the crappy Retaliation line helped me save bundles. (lol)

aww cmon Devilbat they had some good first wave figs....there was....and who could forget......anddd......ohhh Red Ninja & Halo Troopers.....its the year of the troop builder.......& I bought a teal colored ninja clown car and yes it has to be repainted....butttt my B.A. Baracus (not a phallic reference) wants to put some winter doors on my olive colored armorless Vamp Mark 69....I have bought alot of NECA figs lately partly because Joe has been so slow to retail......that recent Blitzwing is looking cooler these days......

Hasbro learned their lesson and said so at Joecon that the 5 PoA drivers was a mistake and will not happen again with Joes.

Eaglehawk is also a TRU and online/specialty stores exclusive. They wont be at Targets. Their new planograms dont even have Joes in them.

......that recent Blitzwing is looking cooler these days......

Funny you mention him as I'm going to repaint an extra hisstank into Blitzwing (and and extra night raven into his jet mode). :-D

Hasbro learned their lesson and said so at Joecon that the 5 PoA drivers was a mistake and will not happen again with Joes.

Eaglehawk is also a TRU and online/specialty stores exclusive. They wont be at Targets. Their new planograms dont even have Joes in them.

However it's in their system with a DPCI oddly enough.

I did not know that. That's cool.

Now we just have to learn Hasbro's plans for GI Joe post-Retaliation. Which aaaaarrreeee....what, exactly? I'm sure we'll learn the answer at SDCC right? Right..........?

I was able to pick up an Eaglehawk this morning at my TRU in Fort Wayne, Indiana. There were only two of them on the shelf. I don't think they had been there long either, as it appeared they restocked a lot of different items.

I did not know that. That's cool.

Now we just have to learn Hasbro's plans for GI Joe post-Retaliation. Which aaaaarrreeee....what, exactly? I'm sure we'll learn the answer at SDCC right? Right..........?

Actually if I recall correctly, Hasbro said at Joe-Con that we won't see anything new/hear about future plans for Joe until Toy Fair 2014. G.I. Joe is usually little more than an afterthought for Hasbro at SDCC outside of the exclusives, since most of the attention gets focused on their comic and movie-based brands.

Retaliation is basically done, but waves 3 and 4 and the Eaglehawk (and I suppose the Night Landing if it makes it out) are all that's left to carry folks through the holidays.

Though I wouldn't put a ton of stock in Target clearancing the rest of the stuff. Most Targets aren't clearing out the single figures, and supposedly production was increased on Waves 3 and 4. I wouldn't be surprised, though, if SOME Targets stopped carrying Joes altogether. If singles are being cleared out at your local store, I'd assume they won't be carried in the future. Also, I've seen Target clear out toy lines only to continue carrying them after the clearance ends. I definitely agree it's not looking good, but I don't think it's quite time to hit the ultimate panic button (marked "Deth of teh line!!!")

Target does not have different sets for different stores. Either all stores carry Joes or none do. Joes are not on the new set. EVery single Target I have been in has them on clearance. SOme lagged behind a week a two though.

Draven