'66 Batman line

Joker08

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For as many gimmicky items the "Bat Utility Belt" had....Ol Bats seems to be light on accessories for the war on crime.......well I guess it is back in the 60's before Bruce Wayne made his millions profiting off of Toy Merchandising and Underoos.....

SO EXCITING!

I want mine NOW!

Are there bendy wires in the cape to "shape" the cape?

I agree we're light on accessories. Wish we had the bat-shield or the wall-climbing bat claws he used in the first Catwoman episode to escape the tiger in the pit.

One difference that seems to be between this one and the Batusi Batman is that Batusi has no ab hinge. But I don't see any difference looking at this one compared to the single pack.

Was just on Amazon and see that the promotional photos for Joker and Catwoman figures have been updated.

Joker looks to now be redone on the regular DCUC Joker body, which to me looks less accurate than the model we saw previously with the bulkier frame.

Catwoman now features 3 photos. One without articulation, and two (front view/back view) of the new version with articulation. The articulation definitely junks up the figure and the head looks smaller and disproportionate.

Hoping that once these ship they look much better live. Still sad about the change of the Joker mold.

Joker looks to now be redone on the regular DCUC Joker body, which to me looks less accurate than the model we saw previously with the bulkier frame.

mattel-batman-classic-1966-tv-series-cesar-romero-joker.jpg?91ffad

71s3conQXLL._SL1500_.jpg

And Star Wars fans are justified in complaining about the 6in R2-D2? TRAVESTY!

For the love of god, guys, we've got to make a stink about this...I've got the Batman/Robin pack coming in the mail now from Amazon, but will keep it boxed up to return in case this image reflects the in-hand product...the whole line is pointless with a boner like this, to me anyway. They couldnt even give us the new hands?!

71s3conQXLL._SL1500_.jpg

For the love of god, guys, we've got to make a stink about this...I've got the Batman/Robin pack coming in the mail now from Amazon, but will keep it boxed up to return in case this image reflects the in-hand product...the whole line is pointless with a boner like this, to me anyway. They couldnt even give us the new hands?!

I am just upset at the new head it does not look like Cesar Romero.

71s3conQXLL._SL1500_.jpg

Isn't it RIDICULOUS?!

One of my favorite things about this line was that they were all new sculpts, reflective of the body types as they appeared on the actual show. Why not put an Adam West head on the standard DCUC Batman frame and call it a day? The whole new version looks completely disproportionate. The original mold's vest was the right proportion, the overcoat with the tails was shaped accurately, he was fuller in the waistline but not heavy-looking. The head looked proportionate. Now it looks like a cartoonized version of Cesar Romero's Joker instead of an actual likeness. HIGHLY upsetting. Worse to me than the articulation complications to the Catwoman mold, actually. So EVERY character has an original sculpt EXCEPT Joker? That's an odd choice. I really don't see the point of making the switch. Guess the joke's on us.

71s3conQXLL._SL1500_.jpg

Isn't it RIDICULOUS?!

One of my favorite things about this line was that they were all new sculpts, reflective of the body types as they appeared on the actual show. Why not put an Adam West head on the standard DCUC Batman frame and call it a day? The whole new version looks completely disproportionate. The original mold's vest was the right proportion, the overcoat with the tails was shaped accurately, he was fuller in the waistline but not heavy-looking. The head looked proportionate. Now it looks like a cartoonized version of Cesar Romero's Joker instead of an actual likeness. HIGHLY upsetting. Worse to me than the articulation complications to the Catwoman mold, actually. So EVERY character has an original sculpt EXCEPT Joker? That's an odd choice. I really don't see the point of making the switch. Guess the joke's on us.

Dude, it is mattel reuse city just like hasblow

Received my Batman & Robin set today! All's well with paint apps!

Cut the tags out of the capes immediately.

Can't wait for the villains to start rolling in. Penguin and Riddler due for release on the 15th, according to Amazon. Counting the days!

I'll wait and see on Joker also. I don't know what the point would be to tool up the new sculpt and not use it, unless for some reason it was more cost effective. Slimmer sculpt uses less plastic? LOL.

Batmobile is instock on target.com. if u can find something cheap to add to cart it is free shipping on orders $50 and over. I ordered mattel mine on Wednesday. I ordered a $2.00 movie with batmobile. Hope this helps

thanks for the heads up! order placed! Found confirmation from a Batman 66 fanboard that this is indeed the same TRU car

Batmobile is instock on target.com. if u can find something cheap to add to cart it is free shipping on orders $50 and over. I ordered mattel mine on Wednesday. I ordered a $2.00 movie with batmobile. Hope this helps

thanks for the heads up! order placed! Found confirmation from a Batman 66 fanboard that this is indeed the same TRU car

I was hoping I pulled the trigger on it on Wednesday hoping it was the right one cause my I order shipped already.

I was hoping I pulled the trigger on it on Wednesday hoping it was the right one cause my I order shipped already.

These are the guys that confirmed it...

http://www.66batman.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1519&start=0

...no one posted pics, so we'll have to take their word for it

71s3conQXLL._SL1500_.jpg

If that's the Joker then they lost my sale...just like the Batmobile has.

Single-packed Batman, Riddler and Penguin are in-stock on Amazon and shipping this week! Just got my Batman! Not so eager to open him up yet since it's just the 2pack body with the Batusi Batman standard non-bendy cape. But it does NOT appear to include the batarang in the single-pack!

Riddler and Penguin should be here by Wednesday!!! I'm on pins and needles!

I have yet to see anything BUT the Batman/Catwoman Barbie dolls at retail yet.

I'm literally like a kid on Christmas morning, waiting at the window for the truck to drive up to my building! Riddler and Penguin!!!

I really hope this line extends beyond what's been announced. It's the one toy line I've wished for since I was a little boy and discovered the Batman tv show.

HUZZAH!!!

The figures are here!

I still haven't opened single pack Batman.

Packaging on these is great. I was wondering where the collector card is that is supposed to be packed with each figure, but opening it, I discovered there is a false backer behind the plastic bubble that hides the collector card between the full backer card and the faux backer behind the figure. I guess it creates a more seamless image of Batman/Robin climbing up the building.

Unpacked Riddler first. He comes with a stand reading "Kapow!" and his collector card image is taken from the "Ring of Wax" episode where he steals a book on the lost treasure of the Incas from the Gotham Public Library. The collector card's image is an illustration of it, or a heavily altered photo, since the spine of the book now reads "riddle me this" and his spray can of wax now just has a string of question marks around it. The flipside of the card shows a portion of the batcave which will complete a larger diorama picture of the cave, and Riddler's portion shows off the Batcomputer. One oddity to note is that to view the Riddler side of the collector card, the image has to sit horizontally, but it won't fit into the "Kapow!" base in that direction. So to fit it in the base, the Riddler is viewed sideways. Pretty awkward.

The figure itself is pretty close to a perfect capture. I'd say the likeness captures about 80% of Frank Gorshin, in that I can tell who he's supposed to be, but it could be a sharper likeness. Maybe if his hair was lighter? I don't know what it is. Other than that, his body type is great, there's not a question out of place on his costume. Even the slightly larger question marks on his inner ankles. The question mark on his back is smaller than the one on the front. The question mark doesn't split over the ab hinge on the back of the figure like it does on the front. He's got thin arms and legs, but accurately so, and the green of his costume has some decent shading so it's not just a flat green plastic. Riddler has his ineffectual little fists, glossy paint on his purple parts to give that shiny satiny effect. He's got his green shiny slippers also. My one big articulation gripe is that the waist articulation cuts right across the middle of the big purple belt, and it would have been so much better hidden at the bottom edge of the belt. They didn't need to cut the belt so close to his hip and I would have totally accepted a slightly slimmer belt in order to hide the articulation point and make it so much less obvious. Overall though, this is minor and I really can't be upset to finally own a Frank Gorshin Riddler figure!!!

Opened Penguin second. He comes with a stand reading "Awk!" which is an appropriate match to the squawking Penguin. His collector card sits properly vertically to display the Penguin image. In the image he's wearing the "Penguin for Mayor" campaign button from the "Hizzoner the Penguin/Dizzoner the Penguin" episodes. The flipside of the card showcases beakers in the Batcave that Batman would use to test some new chemical formula.

I'd say the likeness on this is about 95% Burgess Meredith. His monacle is represented by a gold-painted sculpted ring in the corner of his eye, which I prefer to a piece of plastic. You won't get any light reflection glaring up a photo, and it looks like the light is going through the monacle to create a shadow around the edge of his eye where the sculpted ring is. Penguin also has some shading around his other eye which could be interpreted as eye shadow makeup, but it looks like he's been squinting hard. His top hat is sculpted slightly cocked to the side, and the ribbon is slightly raised but mostly painted on. The hat itself is a separate piece, but glued on, so I don't know if Penguin has a complete sculpted head underneath. Not willing to find out. The cigarette holder looks a bit out of proportion and large for the scale of the figure, but I can't imagine it being made any smaller without becoming flimsy and breakable. The body is perfect. He's exactly the right shape to do justice to Burgess Meredith's Penguin, has just enough "hunched overness" in the sculpt, the white vest looks soft like the show, a few loose creases sculpted in it, and the four buttons on it are painted pearlescent white. Both hands are sculpted as if he's pointing his umbrella downward, so he can hold it in either hand, but it seems to stay better in his right hand. The handle itself is a little misshapen and flimsy, but it fits decently in his hand and can hold a pose between his gripped hand and the cuff of his sleeve. Not much to say about the legs, but there's a good crease at the pant cuffs so he can get a good bend in his ankles.

These are home runs for me. At this point, I'm nervous about which version of Joker we're going to get given the different photos circulating. And I'm iffy about Catwoman now that I've seen the articulation photos, but these two really can't do any wrong in my eyes.

I highly recommend these two, they are a highlight!

post-1032-0-94149200-1376509729_thumb.jpg

post-1032-0-26081800-1376509763_thumb.jpg

post-1032-0-40168600-1376509802_thumb.jpg