Robert Downey Jr. will be in Avengers 3

yojoebro82

....but probably not Iron Man 4.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/robert-downey-jr-back-two-more-avengers-iron-191240267.html

Good that they have him for two more movies. Out of all the superheroes that have had successful movies; Batman, Spider-Man, Captain America, etc, I would say Downey Jr's Iron Man is one of the few super hero rolls that would just be really tough to recast. Not to take anything away from any of the actors that played any of the above heroes.....He just embodied the character so well (I would say the same about Hugh Jackman's Wolverine).

I like to give credit where it's due and I really think the comic fan has a lot to thank Downey Jr for. He's done a lot for comic geeks and anything else is just gravy. His performance in IM sucked in the comic fan and the all important average movie goer. How many people have you overheard say "I didn't think I'd like Iron Man but it was really good". Now IM is beloved by pretty much everyone and launched the Marvel movie franchise. Way to go, RDJ!

I do admit that I really enjoy Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark and I don't think they could recast his role. I wouldn't want to see another actor try to be Tony Stark, it just wouldn't work. I also think that Robert Downey Jr. had his career resurrected by IronMan.

In my opinion, when RDJ decides that he doesn't want to play Tony Stark anymore, that is when they should stop featuring Tony Stark in their movies. Marvel has plenty of other characters at its disposal, and it's not like IronMan is the best one. The Avengers franchise doesn't need IronMan in it, but he still could have some cameos, just no Tony Stark.

If RDJ doesn't want to do IM4, then it's probably time to stop making those movies, unless you want to feature James Rhodes as the main character. I don't even care about the IM movies. I didn't even see IM3 because they took a dump on the Mandarin character

IM3 wasnt that bad Clam...but i agree there will be other people to play Tony Stark even if we dont like it

wasn't that bad? but was it good? do you think the changes that they made to the Mandarin benefited the movie? I won't know until it comes out on Netflix.

I have been reading old comics and I enjoy the true Mandarin and he should have been in the movie.

how would you like it if Warner Bros made some generic terrorist solder call himself General Zod in the new Man Of Steel Movie? lol

I do admit that I really enjoy Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark and I don't think they could recast his role. I wouldn't want to see another actor try to be Tony Stark, it just wouldn't work. I also think that Robert Downey Jr. had his career resurrected by IronMan.

In my opinion, when RDJ decides that he doesn't want to play Tony Stark anymore, that is when they should stop featuring Tony Stark in their movies. Marvel has plenty of other characters at its disposal, and it's not like IronMan is the best one. The Avengers franchise doesn't need IronMan in it, but he still could have some cameos, just no Tony Stark.

If RDJ doesn't want to do IM4, then it's probably time to stop making those movies, unless you want to feature James Rhodes as the main character. I don't even care about the IM movies. I didn't even see IM3 because they took a dump on the Mandarin character

i'm with the clamster 100%. rdj IS tony stark. he made the movie what it was and that set the bar for athe vengers. if he decides to end his roll as IM than short of a few IM (in full armor)cameo's, they need to not use him. like clam said, there are a ton of other great avengers characters to choose from.