Paramount Pictures And MGM Want Jon M. Chu To Helm 'G.I. Joe 3'

The Wire

Okay guys & gals lets just help em out here abit.......3rd Movie, Cobra Commander overcomes his fear of being in a movie & makes some more executive decisions in his bitchen mask & of course throw his fists to the sky as he waxes poetic about world domination & namely getting the band back together. He rolls out the big guns & reveals he's actually built Cobra Island while no one was worried about London being relocated to the 4th dimension, the other 3/4's of his Cobra Army was off secretly building the Cobra Death Stahem....Thunderdrom....The TerrorDrome!....once again the Joe Franchise doesn't care that it's not cohesive or reality based, it aint got time for that uptight shiii mann. Featured Cobra All Stars- Storm Shadow, Xamot/Tomax & Major Bludd maybe?? Assuming Destro survived the explosion in superjail, he should be back in but this time betrayed, butthurt & ready for some Iron Grenadiers Payback on Joes & Cobra alike....w/his best leather clad girlie by his side...or not....this time around when they kill off this batch of Joes w/a bout of food poisoning, Joe Colton is still somehow mysteriously blown up & crushed to death by the Triple T Tank w/no reason or explanation & no one is sad, well maybe Snake Eyes but who can tell w/him, the remaining Joes seemed almost pleased as if they're paycheck will be bigger now that the dead weight is gone....Okay Lets Come Up w/a Roster of Joes, remember the entire team from the 2nd movie is gone so your gonna hafta rebuild but w/room for Snake Eyes .....and feel free to throw in vehicles you wanna see. I want to see a Cobra Rattler w/a Wild Weasel Cameo.....Soo the Movie starts off as Destro starts some S, Destro fights Cobra, Destro wins, some stuff happens Joes fight Destro, Draw, regroup while some more stuff happens, Destro is gonna finish off Cobra, Joes arrive to fight whoever & realize Destro and CC have been playing the joes all along so its a free for all but the Joes enlist a secret weapon....Robert Remus aka Corporal Punishment (can't use Sgt Slaughter I guess right?) w/his Slaughter House 5 Team!! Red Dog, Mercer, Taurus, Lt. Falcon annnnd whoever, some more stuff happens somebody saves the day and some other large city not in the USA is destroyed and nobody seems to mind about that either.........and of course this time around they will say Yo Joe and Cobraaaaa in this Movie Van-damit........

I mean why couldn't they make a good movie based off the M.A.S.S. Device cartoon episodes. Tweek it a little and there's your first movie right there. If that does good, then you can come in with The Revenge Of Cobra as a second movie, and then Arise Serpentor Arise as a third. If they all do well then you could finish it up with a 4th.

Just a thought thats all, but I do think it would be better than what we've gotten so far.

Retaliation wasn't terrible but it was far from the greatest thing ever. Chu did OK, pacing was off at times...

Someone said a while ago that Retaliation was probably the best GI Joe movie we're ever going to get. Unfortunately, I think that may be correct. The idea of basing it on the MASS device cartoon is nice.....for the die hard Joe fans. But they're not making these movies just for us. No one at Paramount or Hasbro is looking to make this anything other than a summer popcorn movie franchise because that's how they get the sure profit. Sad but true. Chu returning as director? Oh well, fine.

Besides, no matter what, all the Cobra schemes were "destroy the world" themes, The difference is the cartoons were just that, cartoons and it was easy to laugh and forget about them trying to destroy a major city. In the movies, the same thing happened, they had destroy the world schemes, but it's a lot different seeing a photorealistic Eiffel Tower being shot and falling down and destroying a city than seeing some green and purple ray being shot at a city from space. The old cartoons are all good and well, but as soon as you make that transition to a realistic movie and then it turns into what we got with RoC and Retaliation.

I do agree, that I think the whole Serpentor idea would make an awesome movie. The build up of making him and then having the Ultimate Cobra leader attack the Joes and then leave them feeling defeated at the end of the movie like Empire.. then make a comeback with the next movie.. that's what I'd like to see.

I want to see the joes with designs similar to the resolute OVA instead of that multicam jumpsuit garbage we say in Retaliation make them look like an actual military unit and have them say YOJOE instead of ooah or hoorah like a bunch of generic army grunts or marines

post-15525-0-67858400-1371615185_thumb.jpg

I would just like to see actual GiJoes on the screen.. not characters loosely based on GiJoe

I would agree with that.

yeah man.. the movies are like, "these guys are the GiJoe team, the best of the best, they even have special codenames".....

but as you are watching it, you are like "uh.. are you sure these aren't the same generic soldier guys I have seen in about a hundred other movies this year?"

They should even be in uniforms at all. And they should actually have unique characteristics,like their RAH counterparts