yojoebro82

Anyone else hoping for 6" Thor figures this year?

I'm just reading some awesome Walt Simonson Thor TPBs right now and thinking towards the upcoming movie and how cool it would be if we got 6" Thor figures just like we got for Iron Man this year. I would take movie OR comic versions of any of these:

Sif

Warriors Three

Heimdal

Odin (possible BAF?)

Comic version Enchantress and Balder

I hope we see something at SDCC.....

I loved the Simonson runs on Thor and FF. I'm just happy we got a really nice Beta Ray Bill from ToyBiz.

It'd be nice to see Thor get a line like X-men and Iron Man, although I'm not sure his character is on par with those guys in term of popularity.

Still, I'd be loving one just to get Hela.

Hela has such a cool design and I'd love to get a figure of her.

Unlikely I know. Sif would be a welcome addition too.

ohhhh yeah. its about time we get more for thor. that warriors tree arent out yet is beyond me. and sif? come on where is she? they could even rerelease valkyrie.

Yeah I never really got Thor until just recently. I think the first movie got me into it. The Simonson and JMS runs are awesome. I also bought the book during the Heroes Return run back in the 90s, have nearly all the early issues signed by both Dan Jurgens and John Romita Jr.

I think the two supporting characters I most want to see are Sif and Odin. And like I say, either movie or comic because really, I like both designs. I thought Sif was hot in the movie and I really think Odin would make a great action figure.

It is crazy we haven't had the Warriors Three, although I think if we got a Thor line, we'd get 6 figures max, so I'd want: Volstag, Enchantress, Marvel NOW Thor, Executioner, Sif, The Godkiller or Maleketh and BAF Odin :)

I would love a Thor centric wave and I think it's possible since Wolverine is getting one to possibly coincide with the movie, the same thing could apply to the upcoming Thor sequel. I heard from someone who went to SDCC last year and asked a Hasbro representative at the booth regarding the Warriors Three and they answered that they didn't have any plans right now something to do with Volstagg alone needing a lot of new tooling. I hope they change their minds since I love the Warriors Three they were one of my favorite aspects of the JMS Thor run maybe the can do Volstagg as the BAF. I also really want a Balder figure he's my favorite Norse God and a character that I came to appreciate in JMS Thor run, I was even willing to customize one out of a crusader Dante figure but NECA screwed me by not releasing it. Back on topic a Thor sub line of figures would be an excellent besides the one that was mentioned I would add:

Hela

Classic Loki

Ulik

Surtur

Tyr

Kelda

Bor

Heimdall

Thunderstrike

I doubt we will get a great wave if even. It will be like iron man. Repainted versions of older thor figures and maybe one, maximum two new figures to actually add the thor universe.

It always confused me on why figures weren't made the first time around for Thor, but they need to do this cause so many people are wanting Thor related figures for their collection. All the ones mentioned would be great for a wave or 2

yeah, I would buy those.. but it's unlikely that they would give us so many comic-based figures

WOuld love to see a Kurse, Executioner, Enchantress, or a Ulik as new figures.

A Simonson styled Surtur would be awesome as a BAF

I just read three volumes of Simonson Thor TPBs. I came a cross a really great story that you wouldn't see in today's comics in a billion years.

Thor gets turned into a frog by Loki. On his quest to become normal again, he comes across a clan of frogs featuring characters with names like Puddlegulp, Bugeye, and Princess Greensong. They recruit frog Thor to help fight off enemy rats and alligators from the sewers! There's even a caption reminding readers that all frog speak is translated into English for the benefit of the readers who don't speak frog (HA!) A fun, imaginative story that no editor today would even think of greenlighting for fear that it's not "real" enough.

If they did a frog Thor as a pack in with any figure, I'd flip my lid!

It will never happen.

WOuld love to see a Kurse, Executioner, Enchantress, or a Ulik as new figures.

A Simonson styled Surtur would be awesome as a BAF

I just read three volumes of Simonson Thor TPBs. I came a cross a really great story that you wouldn't see in today's comics in a billion years.

Thor gets turned into a frog by Loki. On his quest to become normal again, he comes across a clan of frogs featuring characters with names like Puddlegulp, Bugeye, and Princess Greensong. They recruit frog Thor to help fight off enemy rats and alligators from the sewers! There's even a caption reminding readers that all frog speak is translated into English for the benefit of the readers who don't speak frog (HA!) A fun, imaginative story that no editor today would even think of greenlighting for fear that it's not "real" enough.

If they did a frog Thor as a pack in with any figure, I'd flip my lid!

It will never happen.

Ha! I was watching a trailer for the new Lego Marvel game and they turned Thor into a frog in the trailer, but yeah outside of kiddie stuff that won't happen nowadays, we prefer gritty, edgy, realistic stories in our superheroes now.