My GI Joes assisted in my marriage proposal

yojoebro82

In what must be the ultimate nerd move, I set up all my GI Joes (and select Star Wars and super hero figures) in a down-on-one-knee proposal pose for my GF. I set up an walkway of these guys that led to a table with the engagement ring on it. Nearly my entire vintage collection is present. I had my mom over to help pose them wile I taped each one meticulously in line. Only one casualty: When my mom went to pose my 84 Recondo, the crotch broke! It's all good though. She said yes!

Thanks to my high quality camera, if you zoom in you can see who's all in my collection.

P1000091_zps5e67a15b.jpg

P1000092_zps0c5ca98a.jpg

P1000093_zps57914aa6.jpg

P1000094_zpsb1a0ce67.jpg

We had this charicature done at a comic con the day before. My fiancé actually dressed as Batgirl. I don't think it looks anything like me but oh well

P1000095_zps5c49add3.jpg

And the finish line:

P1000090_zps33d3c788.jpg

IF YOU HAVE AN 84 RECONDO CROTCH, PM ME!!!!!!

Congratulations yojoebro82. Very cool and creative, though I'd be worried about Loki holding that rose, God Of Mischief and all. Hope she didn't step on any by accident. So, if you are going to use 4" figures, what figures do you plan on using the top of your wedding cake? Or are you going to get someone to customize 2 figures to make them look more like the 2 of you?

I hope your woman is someone that supports any and all(Or most at least) of your collecting hobbies. Because if she is, then you are really lucky. 1st a woman who is willing to dress up in a superheroine costume(In Batgirl no less. God I'm so Jealous of you, but in a good way), but if she really supports your hobbbies, then this woman is even more special. Meaning this woman better be someone you are almost willing to do anything for(Well, okay, not necessary "Kill for her" types of anythings, but more like "Reaching for the stars and giving them to her" type of anythings).

Either way, while I don't know you personally, I do what to say I'm happy to hear the news and that she said yes. It's always nice to hear when someone on the any Toy Boards find themselves a woman that will marry them. Makes me hope one day I'll find my "Mrs. A_Spidey_Fan".

congrats! that's just an awesomely nerdy way to propose ! one cheesy cliche peice of marriage advice for you, never stop dating ! To many people forget that and things get boring.

Congratulations yojoebro82. Very cool and creative, though I'd be worried about Loki holding that rose, God Of Mischief and all. Hope she didn't step on any by accident. So, if you are going to use 4" figures, what figures do you plan on using the top of your wedding cake? Or are you going to get someone to customize 2 figures to make them look more like the 2 of you?

I hope your woman is someone that supports any and all(Or most at least) of your collecting hobbies. Because if she is, then you are really lucky. 1st a woman who is willing to dress up in a superheroine costume(In Batgirl no less. God I'm so Jealous of you, but in a good way), but if she really supports your hobbbies, then this woman is even more special. Meaning this woman better be someone you are almost willing to do anything for(Well, okay, not necessary "Kill for her" types of anythings, but more like "Reaching for the stars and giving them to her" type of anythings).

Either way, while I don't know you personally, I do what to say I'm happy to hear the news and that she said yes. It's always nice to hear when someone on the any Toy Boards find themselves a woman that will marry them. Makes me hope one day I'll find my "Mrs. A_Spidey_Fan".

Thank you. She certainly is amazing. She knows all about my collecting likes and has never discouraged me. (It may not look that way from the pictures, but I like to think I am NOT an out of control spender, which probably has something to do with her never giving me a hard time).

She's not a comic nerd but enjoys seeing the super hero movies with me. She willingly dressed as Batgirl at the con we went to and it was fun watching her there because she was having a good time JUST by watching all the other people there having a good time and enjoying themselves. She had a smile on her face nearly the whole time. At free comic book day, she was genuinely happy just seeing a little boy in a Thor costume walking down the street holding his dad's hand. I think that's pretty special.

Other things she's done include: Suggesting I buy an entire wave of Iron Man figures JUST to get the BAF. Looking up comic stores on our road trip to Niagra Falls on her smart phone upon every new state we entered. Just because she knew I'd enjoy checking them out.