Anyone Having Problems Logging Into Marvelous News Messagboards?

A_Spidey_Fan

I've been having problems signing into the Marvelous News Messageboards as of late. My normal password wasn't working for some strange reason at the Marvelous News Messagboards(I have no problems with using it on the TNI messageboards), so I clicked on "Forgot Password" to re-set the password. However, when I try using the temporary new password and login, I get a message on the board saying "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!", and underneath it states "You are not allowed to visit this community". I've never had problems trying to login to the Marvelous News Messageboards before, and I have no idea why I'm being locked out. I can't even log out, as I have to clear the "Cookies" to allow me to read the Marvelous News Messsageboard.

Has anyone else had any problems lately using the Marvelous News Messageboards or not?

I have had this problem before, after the forums had issues a few months ago I could not long in. You need to follow the first link sent in the forgotten password email, then have them send you your password. Once you enter this password, you can change your password through your settings back to your old password. Hope this helps, I have done it a couple of times after I erased my cookies.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dragon66. Unfortunally, I've tried doing this a good # of times, on different days, even on different computers, and it still doesn't work for some strange reason. I'm baffled, because I know it shouldn't be an issue if you have to reset a password or anything.

I also can't seem to send a message to JayC on the TNI Messenger, because his Messenger account is full, to see if he could do anything at his end. If anyone has any other ideas, maybe even someone else I can contact who works at the MarvelousNews Messageboards, that would be helpful. At least I'm able to login here.

I am a mod at both sites and I even I lost my log in ability after the recent upgrade. I had to have JayC take care of it.

If the recovery steps aren't working, the only thing I can recommend is trying different email addresses and screen names that you might have used HERE and there.

try to log in using a screen name/password, try to log in using email/password... keep trying different combos

try to email JayC directly using the contact us email address or create a new account at Marvelousnews and try to PM him there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updating everyone here. A few nights ago, I went to the Marvelous News website and when I click on the Messageboards section just to read some comments, it seem the site couldn't come up. I'm guessing either the Messageboards Site was down, or some sort of updating or upgrading was going on. A few minutes ago, I notice the Marvelous News Messageboard Site being up again, and I login to the Messageboards with my Username and Password just for the heck of it, and I was able to login with no problems.

Just wanted to say thank you JayC for fixing up my account, and thanks for all those who offered suggestions and concerns.