What was the worst DC movie?

yojoebro82

Kind of like Superman IV more than Superman III.

I can see that. As bad as Superman IV was, in the final analysis it was still a Superman movie. The most you can say about Superman 3 is that it was a vehicle for Richard Pryor to run some uninspired schtick, and Chris Reeve just happened to have a supporting role.

I agree. I mean, just the opening sequence alone is enough to discount Superman 3. The entire city is filled with accident prone morons! Did some unseen villain zap Metropolis with a doofus ray?

I always figures it was the behind the scene work of Mr. Mxyzptlk...

I haven't seen anyone mention Superman Returns yet which is good because I don't think I deserves to be in a thread of WORST DC movies.

I just gave it another viewing after not seeing it for a few years. Really, if this were something like an Elseworlds comic instead of a movie, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it. So they told a "what if" sort of story about Superman having a son. So what? Yes, there are plot holes. And I'm still not sold on Superman taking off without saying goodbye to his loved ones (probably my biggest gripe of the movie), but overall I think the story was well told. Lex's evil plan was sound. Not at all the best DC movie but I think it gets a bad rap by and large.

Of the bad ones I've watched, I'd say Batman & Robin is right there at the top. I've never been able to bring myself to watch Superman Returns or Green Lantern again, but I'd happily watch those over Batman and Robin any day. Superman III and IV are garbage too. Since the Nolan Batman movies, I've never really brought myself to watch the Burton or Schumacher Batman movies again.

I know movies like Catwoman, Steel and Supergirl are always at the top of worst of lists, but I've never even bothered to watch them. I won't also start with the bad cartoon movies they've been putting out since the cancellation of JLU.

Of the bad ones I've watched, I'd say Batman & Robin is right there at the top. I've never been able to bring myself to watch Superman Returns or Green Lantern again, but I'd happily watch those over Batman and Robin any day. Superman III and IV are garbage too. Since the Nolan Batman movies, I've never really brought myself to watch the Burton or Schumacher Batman movies again.

I know movies like Catwoman, Steel and Supergirl are always at the top of worst of lists, but I've never even bothered to watch them. I won't also start with the bad cartoon movies they've been putting out since the cancellation of JLU.

I like their animated movies. I think they do a much better job with those than with their live action.

My biggest gripe with Returns is I can't wrap my head around the fact that Skeletor is Perry White.

Is that really any worse than Cowboy Curtis?

no, there is nothing worse than "colorblind" casting without reason. I like Larry, but, c'mon...Oh, the sting of that is relieved by "gender-reverse" casting Jenny Olsen? oh, well that's much better....

Anyway...Returns...Bosworth and Spacey were @##@@ terrible. And Kumar is a poor henchman, even by Otis standards.

I think A LOT of the DC movies are bad. Here's my short list:

Superman Returns: HUGE plot holes, horrible acting, and bad pacing make this a dud for me.

Dark Knight: Overly long and tedious. Dent's turn to Two-Face was quicker and made less sense than Anakin's turn in episode 3.

Dark Knight Rises: HATE this film because Nolan stripped away everything that makes Batman the character he is. Putting his version of Batman in a batsuit doesn't make it Batman. Even though Batman and Robin was a terrible film, at least the defining characteristics of Batman were still there. Batman is one of the few DC characters I can stand, and Nolan destroyed the core concept. I can see how the general populace may like this film, but I can't understand how any hardcore Batman fan likes it.

Green Lantern: I didn't hate this as much as others did. I certainly think it was a DC dud and could have been much better, but I'd re-watch it over the others on this list any day.

Catwoman and Jonah Hex: Refuse to watch on the general consensus that they're horrible.

Watchmen: Not terribly bad up until the ending. The change in ending ruins the entire point that the original ending was trying to make. Of all the things Snyder could have changed, he changed one of the most important parts of the entire story.

Kind of like Superman IV more than Superman III.

I can see that. As bad as Superman IV was, in the final analysis it was still a Superman movie. The most you can say about Superman 3 is that it was a vehicle for Richard Pryor to run some uninspired schtick, and Chris Reeve just happened to have a supporting role.

I agree. I mean, just the opening sequence alone is enough to discount Superman 3. The entire city is filled with accident prone morons! Did some unseen villain zap Metropolis with a doofus ray?

Thank you for that image I needed that. Work sucks right now.

I can see how the general populace may like this film, but I can't understand how any hardcore Batman fan likes it.

I don't know what you'd call hardcore but I'd say I'm a pretty big Batman fan and I liked DKR a lot. Watched it again the other day. I'd say the whole trilogy is one solid Bat-story.

Dark Knight: Overly long and tedious. Dent's turn to Two-Face was quicker and made less sense than Anakin's turn in episode 3.

It makes sense if you look at it as a movie version of The Killing Joke. But instead of Jim Gordon,they used Harvey Dent.

I can see how the general populace may like this film, but I can't understand how any hardcore Batman fan likes it.

I don't know what you'd call hardcore but I'd say I'm a pretty big Batman fan and I liked DKR a lot. Watched it again the other day. I'd say the whole trilogy is one solid Bat-story.

I think Batman Begins and Dark Knight are Batman movies. Dark Knight Rises just isn't Batman to me.

In the end of Dark Knight, Batman says "I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be." So, Gotham needs you to immediately give up crimefighting? I understand that organized crime is basically gone in Gotham, but there is a lot of other crimes surely happening. Muggings, petty robbery, etc. The type of crime that took his parents. Batman would NEVER give up fighting crime. The character is so obsessed with it that giving up, for any reason, is giving in. Not being batman means some other child may lose their parents to a mugging gone wrong. Having Bruce just give up is NOT Batman. What partially makes the character so iconic is his obsession with being Batman, so much that everything else in his life suffers. Bruce quitting once is out of character, but he quits TWICE in the movie! He wants a normal life with Selina, so he just quits and goes away because being Batman isn't his "thing" anymore. Throughout Batman's history, it's shown time and time again that Gotham needs Batman, and so does Bruce.

To me this completely RUINS the film for me. I'm accepting (but not happy) at all the other changes Nolan made, but turning Batman into a quitter is turning Batman into a scared man who quits whenever he feels like it.

The Mantle of the Bat was passed on, though. Batman (not Robin!) was going to carry on because Blake was going to take up the responsibility. That was an important element of the story.

Soo finished superman 3. i must say i havent seen it in years. Allthough i had the blu-ray box i haven't seen it since. With some twist and turns superman 3 could have been very good. Introducing lana the way they did was a good idea. The whole bad superman could easly turn out to be bizarro to me since it was all in his head. A character like this could easly exist in someones head. As for that super computer at the end if they would have included brainiac to this somehow it would have been better. The big miss for me is the lack of lois lane here because with superman turning evil she would be the one to look into this. Specially after the events in part 2. it has a lot of stupid moments though. At the begining when all the penguins went loose somehow i thought that batman should have picked them up, lol.

I think Batman Begins and Dark Knight are Batman movies. Dark Knight Rises just isn't Batman to me.

In the end of Dark Knight, Batman says "I'm whatever Gotham needs me to be." So, Gotham needs you to immediately give up crimefighting? I understand that organized crime is basically gone in Gotham, but there is a lot of other crimes surely happening. Muggings, petty robbery, etc. The type of crime that took his parents. Batman would NEVER give up fighting crime. The character is so obsessed with it that giving up, for any reason, is giving in. Not being batman means some other child may lose their parents to a mugging gone wrong. Having Bruce just give up is NOT Batman. What partially makes the character so iconic is his obsession with being Batman, so much that everything else in his life suffers. Bruce quitting once is out of character, but he quits TWICE in the movie! He wants a normal life with Selina, so he just quits and goes away because being Batman isn't his "thing" anymore. Throughout Batman's history, it's shown time and time again that Gotham needs Batman, and so does Bruce.

To me this completely RUINS the film for me. I'm accepting (but not happy) at all the other changes Nolan made, but turning Batman into a quitter is turning Batman into a scared man who quits whenever he feels like it.

I agree, Mongoose. I was baffled by TDKR not only because Bruce completely gives up Batman for some hooker he just met, but that, in a series that cannibalized so many comic storylines for their own needs, the end didnt mirror The Dark Knight Returns more suitably (Bruce fakes his death and goes underground to train a legion of the Bat...i mean, #$##, that totally would have worked with Wayne orphanage and all! And Catwoman could even stick around!)

Instead, a rookie cop (because they've always been good against the mafia AND the "freaks", right?) with presumably no martial arts training or money inherits a cave, a batsuit, and an orphanage. Good luck, Blake! 10 bucks says the Joker shoots him directly in the face the minute he steps back into Gotham

The Mantle of the Bat was passed on, though. Batman (not Robin!) was going to carry on because Blake was going to take up the responsibility. That was an important element of the story.

Bruce quit before the beginning of DKR, long before he had any plans to pass the mantle on. He just gave up and didn't care about what was happening in Gotham. He sat in his mansion sobbing over Rachel while people in Gotham continued being victims of crime.

Its not saying much but Swamp Thing 2 w/Heather Locklear was much better than Halle Berry's sCatwoman......

There were parts of Swamp Thing 2 that I liked. Okay technically the parts I liked were attached to Heather Locklear and Sarah Douglas, but you get the idea.

amen brother.....