How's your vintage collection looking?

yojoebro82

The talk is always about new stuff. Where is everybody at with their vintage collection? Still building? Is it complete?

I've decided recently that I need to streamline a bit. Thought about putting a lot of post-1992 stuff on the chopping block. For now my Battle Corps stuff is safe, but I just unloaded a lot of those wacky sub sets that never get displayed. Ninja Force, Star Brigade, DEF, and a couple other random, neon-clad guys have been sold. Eco Warriors should go too but I'm kinda partial to the Deep Six dolphin. Really, almost all of my Battle Corps stuff could go too. Like I say, it never gets displayed. I actually tried to in my latest display rotation but I was looking at them all bright and neon-y and just thought the older stuff was so much cooler.

I'm pretty content with having 1992 be my cut off year for the most part.

I'm hunting down the remainder of the Night Force stuff I need (man that is a fun set!) Shockwave knife, Crazylegs and Spearhead file cards are my missing accessories. Still need Muskrat and Charbriol figures. Unfortunately this will all cost an arm and a leg. I actually JUST bought Repeater's back pack at $15 which is saddly as low as I'll probably find it.

Really besides Night Force, I just need 2 Sky Partol dudes and I think I'm good.

What about you?

I used to have a list of all the figures I needed to be complete from 83 (I don't like the green shirts) to about 92ish also.. I think the last time I checked I needed about 60 more figures.. since then I have added a handful, but I don't remember what happened to the list.

to be honest, since the modern stuff came out, my RAH collection has taken a back seat because it's done.. what is out there will be there later I guess.. it's not jumping up in price or disappearing.

But I still love it a hundred times more than anything else, and I would never get rid of any of my old stuff.. especially the ones from my original (played with) collection.

this topic has actually helped me to remember that I still need a few pieces.. and when I get around to it and get some more spendin cash, I plan on picking up a few figures a month until I am done

See, where you guys have finished or are in the process of finishing-up, I would pretty much be at the starting line, as it were. Let's see...I have Snake Eyes (Version 2 (Japanese)), Dial-Tone (Chinese), Gen. Hawk ('86), Iceberg, Battle Armor Cobra Commander, Repeater, Backblast, Tiger Force Bazooka, Lifeline, and Dusty, Snake Eyes (Version 3), Battle Corps Duke, Wild Bill, and Gung-Ho. I think that's all of them anyway.

I had actually considered re-starting recently. Their prices have gone down somewhat online. My problem is I only want sealed or carded figures.

With the exception of the Night Force and Sky Patrol dudes I listed, I have them all from '82-'92.

It's true that you can find good loose guys for a decent price. MOC is a different story. Devilbat mentioning carded guys made me remember the MOC Sneak Peek I snagged this past fall. Maybe I'll turn my attention to MOC when I finish off the rest.

I have 12 butts, 6 torsos 8 pairs of arms &legs and 22 heads. I got a ways to go, lol.

:o What the heck? Your poor Joes!

#hang@ what are you doing with them?

I have a lot of Joes in pieces too!! O-rings don't hold up to well!!!

Only carded figure I have is a pretty nice Leatherneck!!

The rest are all boxed up from the move!! Just font have room to display them!!

I consider my vintage collection pretty much complete. I've just recently started buying glass display cases to put my stuff in:

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

I have every individual release from 1983-1990, complete, in near mint to mint condition, as those are the years that defined GI Joe for me. I also have a few '82 Joes in there, along with necessary vehicle drivers (Serpentor, Zartan, etc). I started building this collection about 10 years ago, and haven't really added anything to it in 5 years...I've actually downsized it a lot. I still have a ton of vehicles boxed up that I'm trying to figure out what I want to keep and display, and what to part with. They just take up SO much room...

I was also into army building for awhile, but it was getting out of hand, so I sold all of my duplicates and just stuck with one of each figure.

I consider my vintage collection pretty much complete. I've just recently started buying glass display cases to put my stuff in:

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

I have every individual release from 1983-1990, complete, in near mint to mint condition, as those are the years that defined GI Joe for me. I also have a few '82 Joes in there, along with necessary vehicle drivers (Serpentor, Zartan, etc). I started building this collection about 10 years ago, and haven't really added anything to it in 5 years...I've actually downsized it a lot. I still have a ton of vehicles boxed up that I'm trying to figure out what I want to keep and display, and what to part with. They just take up SO much room...

I was also into army building for awhile, but it was getting out of hand, so I sold all of my duplicates and just stuck with one of each figure.

nice set up. I want to do something like that too eventually. But I will probably also have a display for the vehicles. Without the vehicles and playsets, GiJoe would have never been what it was, and they hold a big place in my love for Joe.

you might want to look into some of those tiered shelves to put inside of your cabinets. smalljoes has them for like 10 bucks each

gi%20joe%20with%20cover%20isometric_m.jpg

APEX Action Figure and Collectibles Display Case

I was going to say the same thing about the risers. My friend Bill has a bunch of those same ikea displays and the risers fit in them. He stocked up at Joecon as someone was selling them there(I think for smalljoes).

you might want to look into some of those tiered shelves to put inside of your cabinets. smalljoes has them for like 10 bucks each

Nice!

I actually bought two of those stands from smalljoes when I first started buying these display cases, just to see if they would fit, but then they were out of stock for a long time and didn't get anymore in.

I'm glad to see they are back in stock...I'll probably grab some more and use them so there isn't so much empty looking space between the shelves.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

I have 12 butts, 6 torsos 8 pairs of arms &legs and 22 heads. I got a ways to go, lol.

@loll@

These days...as much as I hate to admit it my collection is boxed and tucked away until my kids understand "daddy teaches you to share your toys with each other....but daddy doesn't share his toys with ANYBODY!" lol But I'm pretty happy with my collection...would like to get a few more "playsets " that I don't have...but they will most likely wait until the kids are in college @grumpy@

Nice!

I actually bought two of those stands from smalljoes when I first started buying these display cases, just to see if they would fit, but then they were out of stock for a long time and didn't get anymore in.

I'm glad to see they are back in stock...I'll probably grab some more and use them so there isn't so much empty looking space between the shelves.

Thanks for the heads up! :)

Maaaan i'm diggin' those!

What's up Darhjoe!! B)

What's up Darhjoe!! B)

Long time no see, buddy!

I'm surprised to see you here! :)

I got my first Special Mission Brazil figure today: Leatherneck! I paid a reasonable amount for him. The SMB sub set is one that I completely forgot about and probably a bit more practical to try to complete than Night Force. I may switch my attention to that.

• 4 months later...

I only have 4 vintage MOC figures on my to-buy list: Jinx, Night Creeper (original), Storm Shadow (version 2) and Slice. Everyone else I want I just got the 25th. I'm mostly just doing the ninja, Arashikage and Cobra figures I've always liked. Might eventually get Storm Shadow 1, but MOC will be a few years down the line. He gets pricey. The other four can be found for around 40 to 60 on Ebay.

• 1 month later...