Jamie Foxx as Electro PICS!

yojoebro82

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiderman looks great. Electro and Rhino look like garbage... just like Lizard did. ASM2 will suck, just like ASM1 did.

Tobey Maguire's Spiderman 1 (except for Green Goblin) and 2 were great... part 3 wasn't but mostly because the story was bad and they tried to do too much.

i have not seen images of rhino yet, but i'm looking forward to it. overall, i liked ASM. i like garfield loads more than mcguire. this guy has the perfect lanky/tone look for spiderman and he also has a cool nerd vibe and sarcastic atitude like SM. mcguire is less cool nerd and more geek and i think a less talented actor in general. i still love the mcguire SM movies. i thought they were the best at the time, but i have grown to like garfield's rendition better.

not to mention, i hated the green goblin's outfit and dunst as MJ in the first film. i'm sorry, but dunst is no MJ. she was a mediocre actress and surely did not have MJ's hot looks. stone is far better looking and a much better actress than dunst.

Ugh, time to back off my defense of ASM 2, just a little. Overcrowding was the major contributor to the mess that was Spider-Man 3. I'm fine with an Electro that looks nothing like the comic. I'm even fine with Rhino Zord. But trying to tell a story when you have to squeeze in as many bad guys as possible for the sake of selling toys.......learn your lesson, Sony!

Can you believe they were all set to try to cram in the Spidey, MJ, Gwen love triangle on top of all this? To the point where they cast and shot footage with the MJ actress? Hmmmmm....which OTHER Spidey movie tried the same thing....and failed? The producers must have got hit with a bolt of lightning and realized that maybe, just maybe they were trying to do too much. And between MJ, Electro, Green Goblin, and Rhino Zord, MJ would likely sell the fewest figures. So there you go.

Man, did I turn on this movie on a dime.

• 3 weeks later...

i don't like what i see of Green Goblin what so ever. he's the most iconic SM villain, so why can't they just make a normal classic version of him? is that too much to ask?! it's like the producers/directors enjoy getting ripped on their incompetence.

It's so ironic...the studio felt the need to reboot the franchise, only to magnify the elements that possibly necessitated the reboot to begin with.

I do like how they improved Spider-man's costume, however. I have such mixed emotions though...I resisted the original one, then it grew on me and I ended-up liking the change. Then they went and fixed the design, namely the eyes, which were a sticking-point for me in the first one, and I was on board. Now at times the new one looks too cartoonish at some angles, but then other times it looks perfect. But then the reflective eyes on the first mask seemed more practical and insectoid-looking to me, not to mention slightly intimidating. Bah...