Jamie Foxx as Electro PICS!

yojoebro82

he's screaming, "Who cares?! It's "written" by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci! SUCK!"

asmsetpicrhinogetup_large.jpg

That looks so Awesome!!!!! can't wait for this in the movie.

@YoJoebro: you bring some valid points but you have to remember when it comes to movies like these it's easier to criticize than to praise.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spider-man looks awesome but the rest doesn't.

-Blue men group electro with the worst haircut ever

-Rhino is hard to say. Will he be a cross genetic monster like lizard then awesome. Will he be a robot then lame.

-Mary jane looks like a sleeping pill

-Harry looks like a litle rich boy. Peter looks way older then the entire cast for amazing spiderman 2.

Everyone has a right to complain when he is a fan for so manny years and the legacy of well established characters are changed for no good reason. Sure maybe in the end i will like it just like the first one but something will always be wrong and thats why much dont even bother to watch it more then once. I saw raimis spiderman1+2 5times each. Part 3 once. Amazing spiderman once and i allready doubt i will see amazing spiderman 2 more then once.

They're claiming this pic from the set is a "spoiler" but I pretty much always knew they were heading in this direction:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/amazing-spider-man-2-spoiler-alert-emma-stone-181819870.html

And again.....it's taken directly from the original material. Purists should be ecstatic. Ecstatic!

Maybe she wears the costume and a lot believe green goblin will kill her but since everything seems to be based on ultimate comics why should they keep up with the original story? carnage will kill gwen in the third movie where she wears a totally different costume. i cant even imagine that gwen should die by the hands of great but minor villains like rhino or electro.

Remember when Superman was electric blue? Now THAT was something to be mad about.

that costume was alright

This:

135046_v3.jpg

did Scarlet Spider convince him to dress like that?

I'm just going to jump in and say that bringing up that superman costume is not fair, it only appeared in the Superman/Doomsday mini series for 2 issues...but yes electric superman was pretty bad but i'm surprised how long they kept him around like that...toys marketing ect...

And again.....it's taken directly from the original material. Purists should be ecstatic. Ecstatic!

Uh . . . no. Speaking as a PURIST, as much as I liked "Amazing Spider-Man," I'm gonna need a little more than "Electro Smurf and Dying Girl" if I'm gonna part with my movie going money.

I skipped Amazing Spiderman in the theaters as soon as I saw what they did to the Lizard. I saw it on Netflix as soon as it came out, and I was very pleased with my decision. It wasn't worth paying to see.

And part 2 looks like it's not worth BEING PAID to see.

I still can't understand why movie studios feel the need to change the source material or redesign characters.. or EVER EVER go with the Ultimate Universe instead of the true Marvel Universe for inspiration

as a kid i loved it. even now i kind of like the elctric blue supes. what i hated was when the red one came along. that just killed it, lol. i guess now i wouldnt love it at all if they would do a stunt like this.

I remember a lot of people kinda liked the electric blue

There are a couple of things from the 90s that I'm kind of fond of. Just a couple. I kind of liked electric Supes. Too drastic to even think about keeping him like that permanently, but for one story line? It's fine.

I was joust going to post that.

"We're going to hold off on introducing MJ to focus on Peter and Gwen's relationship. But MJ will be in ASM 3. There will be plenty of room for her then because Gwen......oops, um. Let's just say there will be more room for her in ASM 3"

Is the fate of Gwen the biggest non-secret ever? @loll@

yeah.. good choice cutting Mary Jane out. That girl doesn't have the look anyways. The only thing they need to do when they cast MJ is pick the hottest chick possible. She doesn't need to act. MJ was quite the ditzy air-head when she was younger anyhow.

but whatever.. this movie looks worst than the first one .. and I didn't think that would be possible

At least one good thing. They allready cast the best mary jane for the part of gwen. It will be hard to find another one. Maybe emma roberts.

yeah, they cast Emma Stone as Gwen, but I always thought she would have been a better MJ... especially since I am used to seeing her with red hair

• 4 weeks later...

This whole experience has twisted my mind...I loved the original trilogy of films and saw absolutely no reason to reboot the franchise. To me it was waaay too soon. I guess the studio execs didn't like where the films had gone and/or were going, but they knew they had a cash cow on their hands, so they had to keep it going at all costs. But anyway...to stay on topic, at first, when I saw the new Spider-Man costume, I balked. It seemed too stylish, and I hated the weird reflective goggles and elongated spider symbol. I did however think Andrew Garfield looked the part more than Tobey Maguire, and he had the wise-crackin', motor-mouth thing going on like I used to read in the old comics.

But then, the new suit grew on me. It began to truly look like to me something an innovative, resourceful young man would build from wetsuits and sports uniforms and gear. I even began to think the goggles looked more realistic and were more functional than the weird white eyes we saw in the first films...I mean, how should he be able to see anything in those things? The real-world reflective stuff made much more sense to me. I know it's make-believe, and it's just a movie, but c'mon...I like to see things be a little more believable, even in comic-book films. But I actually ended-up enjoying the film quite a bit, even though I loved the original films and thought a reboot was unnecessary.

Not long ago, I saw a head-shot of the new Spidey mask for the new sequel, and I thought to myself, "Awesome!! He looks just like he did in the comics. They fixed his eyes and got rid of those weird goggles." But y'know, the more I look at this new classic suit, it doesn't look as dynamic to me and doesn't seem as "insectoid" (Is that even a word?) and dynamic as the suit in the first film. I just don't know that it will be as slick-looking on film as the first one. It almost looks, dare I say...cheesy, like the old tv show from the '70s. Maybe it's sacrilege to say what I'm saying, and I can't believe I feel this way, but I think I truly prefer the first Amazing Spider-Man suit over this classic version. I should feel the opposite as a life-long Spidey fan, but I don't. Maybe it will look much better on-screen. I truly hope so, because as much as I do like the original suit, I prefer the comic films to be based as much on the source material as possible...as long as it looks really cool.

This whole experience has twisted my mind...I loved the original trilogy of films and saw absolutely no reason to reboot the franchise. To me it was waaay too soon. I guess the studio execs didn't like where the films had gone and/or were going, but they knew they had a cash cow on their hands, so they had to keep it going at all costs. But anyway...to stay on topic, at first, when I saw the new Spider-Man costume, I balked. It seemed too stylish, and I hated the weird reflective goggles and elongated spider symbol. I did however think Andrew Garfield looked the part more than Tobey Maguire, and he had the wise-crackin', motor-mouth thing going on like I used to read in the old comics.

But then, the new suit grew on me. It began to truly look like to me something an innovative, resourceful young man would build from wetsuits and sports uniforms and gear. I even began to think the goggles looked more realistic and were more functional than the weird white eyes we saw in the first films...I mean, how should he be able to see anything in those things? The real-world reflective stuff made much more sense to me. I know it's make-believe, and it's just a movie, but c'mon...I like to see things be a little more believable, even in comic-book films. But I actually ended-up enjoying the film quite a bit, even though I loved the original films and thought a reboot was unnecessary.

Not long ago, I saw a head-shot of the new Spidey mask for the new sequel, and I thought to myself, "Awesome!! He looks just like he did in the comics. They fixed his eyes and got rid of those weird goggles." But y'know, the more I look at this new classic suit, it doesn't look as dynamic to me and doesn't seem as "insectoid" (Is that even a word?) and dynamic as the suit in the first film. I just don't know that it will be as slick-looking on film as the first one. It almost looks, dare I say...cheesy, like the old tv show from the '70s. Maybe it's sacrilege to say what I'm saying, and I can't believe I feel this way, but I think I truly prefer the first Amazing Spider-Man suit over this classic version. I should feel the opposite as a life-long Spidey fan, but I don't. Maybe it will look much better on-screen. I truly hope so, because as much as I do like the original suit, I prefer the comic films to be based as much on the source material as possible...as long as it looks really cool.

The reboot was rushed and kind of unnecessary but they were probably afraid of losing the rights to the character so they made this movie. The new suit didn't bothered me that much I see it as their way of distancing themselves from the previous movies. I ended up enjoying the movie: Andrew Garfield was a better Peter(a little too emo for my taste but otherwise good), Gwen Stacy was better written than Mary Jane and their romance was handled better, etc, I ended up retroactively liking the movie even more when I saw the old trilogy recently and realized that all 3 had Tobey crying like a little b%$#, Mary Jane getting captured in all 3 movies it was a case of rinse and repeat.

The reboot was rushed and kind of unnecessary but they were probably afraid of losing the rights to the character so they made this movie. The new suit didn't bothered me that much I see it as their way of distancing themselves from the previous movies. I ended up enjoying the movie: Andrew Garfield was a better Peter(a little too emo for my taste but otherwise good), Gwen Stacy was better written than Mary Jane and their romance was handled better, etc, I ended up retroactively liking the movie even more when I saw the old trilogy recently and realized that all 3 had Tobey crying like a little b%$#, Mary Jane getting captured in all 3 movies it was a case of rinse and repeat.

Yes, I agree Belmont...Peter was a real crybaby. (lol) Don't get me wrong, I love those films, but...the whole underlying love story between Pete and Mary Jane got to be real irritating at times. It was almost too much, like the Rachel and Ross characters on Friends, where one loves the other, but the other one has moved on, or they come this close to getting together, but they don't because of some ironic twist of fate...bah. Too much soap-opera drama for a comic book movie. I guess that was done to lure in the ladies. (lol)

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Jim Lee and his use of never to be used pouches!! -_- Did Cyke ever reach into any of his pouches or belts to get anything??

just his cherry flavored chapstick

love the comb-over look on foxx. he's gonna rock our world!

• 1 month later...

Does it really matter?

It's all the same. Such and such studio licenses a comic-book character because comics have a built in audience they want to take advantage of. Then they turn around and, by virtue of casting, rewriting, and re-designing, make the character as different from the source material as humanly possible.

Even worse, the comics then turn around and alter the source material to closer reflect the movie.

It's gotten to the point I don't even care anymore.

SOOOOOOOOO freakin' true, it's scary...

• 2 weeks later...