Nothing New To Be Shown By Hasbro At JoeCon

JayC

I don't get why people demand a 6" line. I know I don't want one and frankly, they'd be way too expensive :/

I'd rather they'd release those damn toys already! Instead they release Roadblock with a gun molded onto the hand and they wonder why toys don't sell anymore :/

Toys do seem to be going the way of comic books. Once a child staple, now due to technology and over pricing, children have lost interest. They really want to appeal to kids again? Stop with the stupid rocket launchers and lower the prices

Although, if kids don't play with toys anymore, then why do the Marvel and Transformers toys still sell so well? That can't just be collectors buying them. In fact just earlier today I saw a kid with a Transformers backpack. So some of them must still like them

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't see a 6" line for Joe coming soon. I wish they would do something like they do with star wars and have a line for kids,then a line for collectors. But these next years I think Joe fans should be happy. From what they were saying ay Joecon, their other lines are switching over to and sticking with 5 PoAs or worse, but not Joe's, so be lucky for that.

but joes have never been a 6" scale, which is a scale that is now collector driven, i highly doubt their is support enough among the joe fans for it,

it would further remove the line from kids hands (due to price point)

Sorry, man, but the fact is, kids don't buy action figures. No matter the scale. They're into Minecraft and ipads now. All scales of these 80s action figures are collector driven...GI Joe especially. Collectors are the only ones buying them. The price point you speak of has ALREADY driven them out of kids' hands. What kids will spend $10 on a 3 3/4" figure on a regular basis? Like I say....When the toy company feels one scale is taped out, they're gonna move one to a different scale.

we can't be 100% of the market, and at the very least wal-mart etc. doesn't think we are, so they are trying to get kids to buy them, and they should! If kids won't buy them, then Joe will die within a few years. Even if it all was driven by collector's only, do you really think enough collector's are going to jump scale again? Not going to happen, the fans who want 6 " may be some what vocal, but you folks appear to be a minority within a fandom that is small, it won't happen. If you feel this scale is exhausted (and i don't think it is) why not push for more innovation in this scale than just to leap onto the next one?

Personally I dont think kids are buying enough joes to carry the line. I see eventially most toylines, not just joes, going to an online only membership for figs like the motu sub. I wouldnt be surprised if a 6in joe line came about this way. In fact, it may be the way to go for us minority that want 6in joes.

I'm getting the impression Hasbro is banking alot on Kre-O. Seems like they're dedicating a lot of resources to the upcoming waves of GI JOE & TF Kreo, which to be honest I'm actually really digging. The Joe mini-figs/kreons are pretty fun.

Im not talking about a huge change in scale or even getting ride of the small scale. No way on the later. I just have a feeling if the SW does well and I expect it will, that Hasbro will explore a limited 6 Joe series. Not replacing the 3 3/4 though.

Draven

Im not talking about a huge change in scale or even getting ride of the small scale. No way on the later. I just have a feeling if the SW does well and I expect it will, that Hasbro will explore a limited 6 Joe series. Not replacing the 3 3/4 though.

Draven

it's still a possability we will get zero joes at all next year for the 50th anniversary of G.I.Joe and the action figure! two lines will never happen, I'm not trying to crush dreams her, just share what Hasbro has said countless times, Joe isn't big enough to support two scales. Sigma Six started as a 2nd line with the intent of released 3 3/4 beside it, guess what got axed and we never even saw? the little guys.

like i said Warden couldn't confirm we would be getting anything, I'm pretty confident we will, but i think the evidence is there to support the idea that if the movie failed, we would see little to no Joe next year. Since it's been a success i bet we will, although i fear another price increase.

While I think leaving us with nothing but concept customs at Joecon was a tactical error, I'm not worried about Joe. Hasbro has a hit movie to fuel the line now. If we haven't seen anything new yet, I bet its because the Has' is cooking up something big. Wait til San Diego, or maybe Toy Fair, I bet we'll see plenty.

Yep, like an online only 6in ARAH line. :-)

I'm getting the impression Hasbro is banking alot on Kre-O. Seems like they're dedicating a lot of resources to the upcoming waves of GI JOE & TF Kreo, which to be honest I'm actually really digging. The Joe mini-figs/kreons are pretty fun.

I like Kreo Joes as well.

I haven't bought any of the Kreo stuff and I'm glad that Hasbro is behind it, but I'm a little surprised that they re keeping it a TRU exclusive. If it's selling well and Hasbro is putting out more, than it would seems like a good idea to get other retailers behind it. Or is it a more of a Hasbro likes it and it's selling, but all the other retailers are remembering how much Battleship Kreo stuff they had to clearance out and don't want to take that chance again.

From the con, Derryl said it's something they really can't do anything about it for now. They offered it to TRU and they jumped at the chance to sell it, so they have to keep it exclusive to them for now. In future years, if it continues to do well, they said they can try to shop it around, but as it stands, this year, it'll only be TRU.

If they were smart, after wave 3, they'd concentrate on trying to change up the line and get rid of the Retaliation movie stuff on the cards. From what they said at the con, if you notice how the Eaglehawk's package is different. It's made to look similar, but doesn't have movie stuff on it because A. then they wouldn't have to pay royalties to Paramount and B. it's not in the movie, so why bother. To me, if they're worried about making profit on Joes(which it always seems that they are), then drop the movie stuff and continue with something that looks similar, keep more of the profit and then pump those savings into revamping the line for next year.

I honestly think there'll be something out in some way/shape or form that is GI Joe next year(and not just Kre-O). It might be smaller, but I still think they'll do something. I have a feeling they'll release more info at SDCC. We'll see where they're headed and possibly a small sample of what we'll see at Toy Fair next year.

Back in '04/'05 they were toying around with an "Unleashed" version of a few characters. The ones they shown had very low articulation but they did look visually impressive/dynamic. Star Wars had already done it with some amount of success and the Joes I saw in that form factor had a strong visual appeal. I wonder if that could still be a viable option if they insist on moving forward with a 6in line.

Well we will have to agree to disagree Rev @loll@ You know I love you man though. I still think Hasbro could do a collector themed linited 6 scale line. The comic fan boy type would eat them up. I know so many guys who don't collect Joe or SW but will be getting the 6 scale SW and would on Joe too.

Draven

The only way, right now that I can see 6" Joes coming out would be online, and the club only, and with that limited amount, you'd be looking at at least $30-40 a figure, I can already hear the uproar on that one, lol. I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon mass retail.

The only way, right now that I can see 6" Joes coming out would be online, and the club only, and with that limited amount, you'd be looking at at least $30-40 a figure, I can already hear the uproar on that one, lol. I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon mass retail.

That would be a reasonable price point depending on the amount of accessories and such. You look at the Figure Subscription Service and con exclusives (not the convention set but the other exclusives) and the price is about that amount per figure. Unless they made a really big run, I imagine the price point would be a bit higher.

I don't want to be all doom and gloom, but Retaliation was not a hit movie. It was a movie despite all the hype, named stars, converting to 3D and having no competition at the box office did and average box office take (which was still less than the fist movie). Yes it was enough to greenlight a 3rd movie because they made back their production cost and outside of Transformers is still Hasbro's most recognizable brand out there, but for those thinking this movie is ushering in a new golden age of GIJoe, I think you really need to look at the state the toy industry as a whole and be realistic. I don't think GIJoe is going away and I am sure Hasbro will put something out for the Anniversary next year (not a lot but something), but I wouldn't expect some big push from Hasbro for this brand anytime soon, and what push it does get I am sure will be more kid oriented like Kre-O, with a few nuggets for collectors here and there like the Eaglehawk.

Ha, not to be mean that those that like the movie but I am so @loll@ that the movie did not do as good as the first. Should have not delayed it, shoved Rock down our throats, killed Duke, etc etc etc etc etc

Draven

Ha, not to be mean that those that like the movie but I am so @loll@ that the movie did not do as good as the first. Should have not delayed it, shoved Rock down our throats, killed Duke, etc etc etc etc etc

Draven

I'll agree to disagree about the 6 " line, i'm not trying to prevent people from getting what they want, just being realistic. as for this movie not doing as well as the first? internationally it has done better, and time will tell, but being better? that's a personal choice, both have huge flaws, but this one at least felt like G.I.Joe to me.

I think JayC is right on the money, we will get a few nuggets next year, but the rest will either be for kids, or something really different.

My worst fews were confirmed in the toy ailse today, those 6 $ Iron man 3 hunks of awful plastic are selling through, and Joe is overclogging those pegs and not moving. Also some jerk keeps taking out the flints heads and berets, today i saw one with just a treader ripper clutch body in there, no head again. How can wal-mart not be catching the lack of heads????

Sounds good man @loll@ I would not want 3 3/4 Joes to go away at all though. That is the main thing I want still. SW was different because I am happy with those figs I have. There is still a lot of re do and never mades that I want in 3 3/4 form before I would even think of saying I would be ok with just 6 Joes.

From the sounds of it, Jay is right on about product next year and I too also fear the sales of those crappy IM figs... UGH!

Draven