Nothing New To Be Shown By Hasbro At JoeCon

JayC

I'm told Hasbro decided yesterday not to debut anything new we didn't already see at Toy Fair in February at JoeCon this year. The SDCC exclusive will be announced at a later date as an exclusive for some corporate media publication. So just a heads up, other than maybe JoeClub figure subscription news don't expect any new info this weekend from JoeCon for Hasbro stuff.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, seeing an actual producton Eaglehawk, come out of the box, and being assembled and stickers being applied was kind of new... kinda.But yeah, kind of a bummer, still hoping the Club shows us a lil' something.

not really suprised i thought at best we might see an image of something concept, but i had no hopes of new figures. Who all is here? I met Card earlier.

I'd say the club will show some of FFS 2.

Well, seeing an actual producton Eaglehawk, come out of the box, and being assembled and stickers being applied was kind of new... kinda.But yeah, kind of a bummer, still hoping the Club shows us a lil' something.

at least we can see that the Eaglehawk is pretty much the same thing as the Tomahawk, for those that were worried it would be smaller or cheapened out like they did with the new Skystriker

quick notes from panel:

Wave 3 in late July

Wave 4 sounded a bit iffy

Admission pryce seemed like a missing hole from the the line sounded positive about it

No micro force wave 2 for now

Online retailers getting wave 2 of dollar store figure

Hints about sdcc exclusive

Will complete your set of similar figures

Number of 4 ” figs will surprise you

Clubs in talks to help get you sddc exclusives

Nothing new shown

2014 could not be discussed at this time

also tried to confirm we would be getting any thing next year, John Warden said it's in the works, they are working on it now, very vague, and he straight admitted wave 4 depends on sales (that includes night viper, jinx, and blindmaster)

also tried to confirm we would be getting any thing next year, John Warden said it's in the works, they are working on it now, very vague, and he straight admitted wave 4 depends on sales (that includes night viper, jinx, and blindmaster)

yeah I know.. I need that Nightviper!

if they don't do wave 4.. then what will they release instead??

and yeah.. those Concept figures are killing me. THOSE are the figures they should be releasing! perfection!

and yeah.. those Concept figures are killing me. THOSE are the figures they should be releasing! perfection!

They like to tease don't they?

very vague, and he straight admitted wave 4 depends on sales (that includes night viper, jinx, and blindmaster)

I hate to say but I predicted this a long time ago. Final waves are a b*&^% and I'm not holding my breath on any of these.

If I can get that sweet wave 3 with the ultimates and Kwinn, I'll be OK.

I love the concept figures shown, but I dont see the point in showing them. Its like Hasbro is saying "we know most collectors want these, and see how awesome we could make them, but we aren't going to develop and release any. We just want you all to wish you could have these." I think its just a matter of time before they do 6in. They are now doing star wars in 6in, and why else would hasbro show 6in joes if not to guage fan interest, even if they dont want to let the cat out of the bag yet. I remember a few years ago mattel showing a new He-man concept fig at a con, and a year or so later, MOTU classics....

Im very hopefull for these, but I think hasbro has to be at least kicking around the idea....

I love the concept figures shown, but I dont see the point in showing them. Its like Hasbro is saying "we know most collectors want these, and see how awesome we could make them, but we aren't going to develop and release any. We just want you all to wish you could have these." I think its just a matter of time before they do 6in. They are now doing star wars in 6in, and why else would hasbro show 6in joes if not to guage fan interest, even if they dont want to let the cat out of the bag yet. I remember a few years ago mattel showing a new He-man concept fig at a con, and a year or so later, MOTU classics....

Im very hopefull for these, but I think hasbro has to be at least kicking around the idea....

I also don't get the "gauging fan interest" thing. The fans want everything from the 80s remade. That's almost EXCLUSIVELY what they want. Toy companies know this.

Agreed...6 inch IS just a matter of time. When everything else it taped out, change up the scale.

I really don't get the hate for showwing the concept figures, yeah I know it sucks to be shown something we aren't getting (atleast at the moment) but it's not like Hasbro is showwing this stuff all over the place. They were shown at the Joe convention and they have done this for the last couple years. The convention is a place to see all the stuff we want and be shown things that could have been.

As for Joe getting a six inch line, I don't really care. I'm not sure I'd buy they (they would be atleast $20 a pop if not more) and with the way Hasbro treats the Joe brand all I see is fans whining. With SW it will work because of the fact that SW sells and sells well everywhere (as in not just here in the U.S.). Fans would want unique sculpts for figures and it would be just like the first year of the 25th scuplt figures (Hey we can use Duke to make Flint or Roadblock to make Destro)with heavy re-use of scuplts.

Im not hateing on the concept figs at all. I think they are awesome and I would love to see a 6in joe line. I love my 3in figs also, but I think its time to up the scale to change up things a bit. Since there were no new 3in stuff to be shown at the con, I dont get why they would show these figs and say we have no plans for these. Me being a huge toy fan in general, I would be happy to add a 6in joe line to my collection. I have no real artistic talent to make my own custom figs, so the only way I will ever get some of these is if hasbro would move forward with them. Like many other collectors my joe fandom dates back to my childhood in the 80's, and I always wished they were bigger. To me its kinda like torture to see stuff like this and then to here we arent doing them. I think it is a matter of time tho, especiall if the star wars line does well, which it will.

nothing, they would release nothing instead. :( it's still a real possibility that their will be no joes on the pegs for their 50th anniversary ! I think that scenario is doubtful given the success of the movie, but i'm not confident we will get much next year, or much we like. The pledge they made to not do vehicles with 5 poa may mean no vehicles, or more repaints of the same ones we are tired of.

I also don't get the "gauging fan interest" thing. The fans want everything from the 80s remade. That's almost EXCLUSIVELY what they want. Toy companies know this.

Agreed...6 inch IS just a matter of time. When everything else it taped out, change up the scale.

I know i'm not the only one who won't touch a 6 " scale, joes are espensive enough as it is, but joes have never been a 6" scale, which is a scale that is now collector driven, i highly doubt their is support enough among the joe fans for it, and as dickish as it sounds of me, and please don't take offense, I don't think you guys who want this scale are thinking things through. It would mean an end 1:18 scale (joe won't have two lines at once, this has been made clear repeatedly), it would further remove the line from kids hands (due to price point) it would completely eliminate vehicles, sigma six scale failed, why would this be any different? other lines in the same scale only mean more competition!, army biulding would be even more expensive, and they would likely be selling you the same designs you already own. I think the move would be a laughable business decision, Hasbro is still a business, I feel some of us tend to forgot that.

Please don't feel teased by these concept figures, feel remembered! Despite wanting to please us, we don't buy the product directly from Hasbro, retailers do, they have to please them first and us second. Nobody hates on joedeclassified for this kind of thing, why get frustrated at Hasbro? I am confident John Warden and Derryl DePriest want to get these to us, as much as we want them. Having us see them, and have positive excitement about them, is something they can take to the suits and the retailers to help us get them made! So stay positive!

but joes have never been a 6" scale, which is a scale that is now collector driven, i highly doubt their is support enough among the joe fans for it,

it would further remove the line from kids hands (due to price point)

Sorry, man, but the fact is, kids don't buy action figures. No matter the scale. They're into Minecraft and ipads now. All scales of these 80s action figures are collector driven...GI Joe especially. Collectors are the only ones buying them. The price point you speak of has ALREADY driven them out of kids' hands. What kids will spend $10 on a 3 3/4" figure on a regular basis? Like I say....When the toy company feels one scale is taped out, they're gonna move one to a different scale.