What other ultimate sunbow style figures would you like to see?

Dragonrider1227

So than what figures would you consider "Ultimate" and what would you consider mediocre? I'm sure we would see a lot of agreeing and disagreeing on this topic. I just don't think that Hasbro intentionally puts out crap figures.

well, obviously the "Ultimate" figures are designed to make a figure as good as it can be. We can see in the new Stormshadow that he required a brand new body.

but quite often Hasbro makes a habit of putting out a figure just to make money and they don't make it as good as it can be. Look at some of the 25th figures that are made from body parts that don't really fit them. Leatherneck is notorious for this, he uses Gung-Ho's head, Buzzer's body WITH a skull on it, Snowjob's legs, etc.. none of these parts work for Leatherneck. But it was cheaper for them to do it this way instead of making him as good as possible, which would have required new sculpting

As a former marine, the only one I can think of really wanting (mostly because it was terrible as a 25th figure) is Leatherneck. I wouldn't mind a cartoon-accurate Wet-Suit to go along with him though.

let me ask you then.. isn't the new Cobra Commander much much better than the old one? even though that one was "fine" too?

The new one is better definately. The old one had a pin head, everyone knows it. For me I guess it just wasn't that big a deal. None of the flaws that you'll see here and there in the very first 25th figures were great enough for me to spend a whole lot of time wishing and hoping for an update, but now that they're here, I'll take it.

Someone mentioned the first Spider-Man Classics 6" figure and for me that is a great example. I bought that figure back when it first came out and doubed it "the only Spider Man I'll ever need". Now since then, "better" versions came out (I'm always going to put better in quotes because this is all opinion, isn't it?), but I always passed because to me, that Spidey was always good enough. I think I have some wierd loyalty to the toys that were "here first" :) See my Star Wars POTF 2 collection as an example :)

With these 80's toys I really don't have a huge need to see everything redone exactly like it was before. I'm more likely to want new looks and ideas (like what Pursuit of Cobra offered us). I always think it's funny when a 99% accurate remake comes out and some fan will complain about something not being "correct". "Oh no! They got the pocket on his left leg wrong! I hope we get a corrected version at some point! I want the pocket to look the way it did when I was 12!" Oh, boo-hoo.

Anyway...I'll buy all the Ultimate Joes.....

it's like Hasbro read my mind! look at that concept case! Those figures are so beautiful! I really, really, hope that they do get released soon.

Destro, Gung Ho, Flint, Leatherneck, Beachhead, HEATviper, etc..

Yes! You're right...I forgot about that figure. The sad part is, I actually have that figure too. (lol) Mine has a funky hip joint though that doesn't seem to work right. I'd like to have another one, but I'd hate to buy a whole other set just for one figure. But yeah, that is my favorite Beachhead update. I'd love to see it repainted in his classic colors.

BHMYKRMCEAEv8Lj.jpg_large__scaled_600.jpg

here he is!!! that's what I am talking about.

unfortunately, he is in the concept case :(

those cases always have the best figures at the con

Now that's just downright cruel. (lol) Maybe these will show up as an online exclusive, like the Dreadnoks and Slaughter's Marauders sets.

I agree with the ones saying Gung-Ho needs one too. The 25th Aniv. version has all the same articulation problems as Duke AND a bad leg.

Yes! You're right...I forgot about that figure. The sad part is, I actually have that figure too. (lol) Mine has a funky hip joint though that doesn't seem to work right. I'd like to have another one, but I'd hate to buy a whole other set just for one figure. But yeah, that is my favorite Beachhead update. I'd love to see it repainted in his classic colors.

I know right? They let those sit in a case and give us Roadblock with a molded on gun and then they sit and wonder why GI Joe isn't selling like it used to :/