disappointed......anyone else?

mike33

i stopped buying new transformers be it FOC, prime.....ect BUT i was SOLD when they released FOC soundwave, blaster and there disks....... i was happy with these, and then it happened ( is anyone else with me on this?)

i buy FOC

grimlock

sideswipe

UM

and im very disappointed!!!!!!! grimlock feels JUST LIKE a china Knock off-if not WORSE! i fealt robbed! cheep plastic, hallow like crazy, i honestly thought maybe walmart is stocking china knock offs!

then sideswipe....... i wont even get started! JUNK! so when it came to UM i just placed him on the shelf....didnt even bother looking him over. it was grimlock who killed the moment for me. POS!

anyway, i stopped buying whats out due to G1's i want and MPs that are slowly comin out, i guess my light at the end of the tunnel is :

im not to comphy with payin alot for old g1 dinobots and watched enough reviews on YT on the ko's so i bought 1 to start off with. NOW im back to bein happy again lol. the quality is great in most areas. the reason for this post i guess is bein PO'd about the new stuff when these KO's are better quailty! anyway, i have a few pics i wanna post but itll be a moment. even if you dont care for this thread, maybe youll enjoy the pics smile2.gif

i stopped buying new transformers be it FOC, prime.....ect BUT i was SOLD when they released FOC soundwave, blaster and there disks....... i was happy with these, and then it happened ( is anyone else with me on this?)

i buy FOC

grimlock

sideswipe

UM

and im very disappointed!!!!!!! grimlock feels JUST LIKE a china Knock off-if not WORSE! i fealt robbed! cheep plastic, hallow like crazy, i honestly thought maybe walmart is stocking china knock offs!

then sideswipe....... i wont even get started! JUNK! so when it came to UM i just placed him on the shelf....didnt even bother looking him over. it was grimlock who killed the moment for me. POS!

anyway, i stopped buying whats out due to G1's i want and MPs that are slowly comin out, i guess my light at the end of the tunnel is :

im not to comphy with payin alot for old g1 dinobots and watched enough reviews on YT on the ko's so i bought 1 to start off with. NOW im back to bein happy again lol. the quality is great in most areas. the reason for this post i guess is bein PO'd about the new stuff when these KO's are better quailty! anyway, i have a few pics i wanna post but itll be a moment. even if you dont care for this thread, maybe youll enjoy the pics smile2.gif

now the good of these FOC figures, i cut out the large symbols on there packages and glued them to q-tip sticks, still not worth there price on the packages ofcourse, but pretty cool looking on the shelf for the G1s

post-32969-0-40688700-1364754254_thumb.jpg

post-32969-0-84495700-1364754267_thumb.jpg

same here synch, just been slowly finishing off my G1 season 1 collection, I only need two more then I have every character from season 1, I still need Shockwave and Swoop

They're using thinner plastic now for sure, but I think calling them knock-off quality is a bit of an overreaction.

^how so?

ive owned cheep $2.00 knock offs........ same feel and look to the grimlock figure.

The plastic nowadays feels like a KO unfortunately. Even the KO of the 80s was made better than today standard, lol. My Prime UM Voyager made so much noise when you shake him, plastic is light and feel very fragile. To make it worst, even paint apps were cut down. Me, since my limited of space, I only collect 3 lines: G1/Reissue, MP Line, and UMagnus incarnation.