Show & Tell: Action figure memories and nostalgia

barbecue17

Hey everyone!

This is a new series of articles I have been working on for the website The Epic Review. They are simply stories about cool, special, or unique pieces in my action figure and toy collection. My newest article is about a group of Star Wars toys that my late grandfather gave to me, but I didn't realize I owned them until about 10 years later! (So surprised to learn I had a POTF EV-9D9!

Here's the link to installment #4 Star Wars figures from my Pappy

I've done installments on My first action figure, Rare Legend of Zelda figures, and even Buttons McBoomBoom from C.O.P.S.

I'd certainly appreciate your feedback as fellow toy collectors. If you have some cool story or unique item in your collection, let me know! I'd love to do a fan installment of Barbecue's Show & Tell as well!

Peace!

Awesome story barbecue! Are you still in Nashville? I'm about two-and-a-half hours away from you, if so. I almost felt like I was reading one of my own stories, I could relate so much. However, I'm exactly ten years older than you, so my Hawk figure came much later in age for me. I regrettably sold my original one, and he too had been well taken care of, except for a tiny bit of rubbing where his helmet would come on and off at the hairline. I have since replaced him though. I bought a MOC one about six years ago or so and opened it, so now I have a mint loose Version 2 Hawk in my tiny vintage collection.

Barbecue, your story almost makes me want to start collecting vintage Joes again. There are so many I'd like to have back...

Hey guys! Thanks for the kind words!

Actually Devilbat, I'm now in North Carolina (although my parents still reside in Nashville).

I've been having so much fun writing these and stirring up not only my memories but the memories of others as well. I should have another entry by the end of this week on the Monster Force line from the mid 90s! Tons of fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Since Evil Dead just came out, I wanted to do a Show & Tell with one of my favorite Ash figures of all time: S-Mart Ash from NECA's cult classics. Here's the link: Show & Tell #6: S-Mart Ash . Groovy, baby!

8636471614_5f9048aaf5.jpg">

Cool ones! That Monster line looked interesting. Never heard of it before.

It's definitely a neat little line (only 7 figures) that you can track down for probably around $50-$60 if you shop around. I do wish a second series had been released, but that's 90's toys for you.

New addition! The first Community Edition of Show & Tell: Community Show & Tell

I have invited other collectors to share items from their collections that are significant to them in some way and to tell us about those special pieces. Today we have stories about MUSCLEs, Star Wars figures, and a stuffed monkey. Check it out and feel free to submit me your own stories!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been a little busy this past week, but I did add a new Show & Tell- this time I'm covering the first series of Space Marines and the Power Loader from Kenner's Aliens line. Check it out! Kenner's Aliens Part 2: Space marines!